My Slim Fast diet

Replies

• PixieKazza
    PixieKazza Posts: 48 Member
    Heh, yeah, that's something else I should have mentioned, but you said you already bought enough for a couple of weeks...hopefully you had a way to buy a couple of each shake flavor (they used to sell some individually in some places, don't know if they still do.). If you've never had any of the shakes, I discovered that some aren't too bad (mocha) and some were downright nasty! (I avoided vanilla like the plague! Lol)

ETA: nevermind, the Blueberry Vitality mention didn't jump out at me for some reason when I initially read.[/quote]

I have the Blueberry & Raspberry, Mint Chocolate and the Salted Caramel Vitalitys in powder packs - they were on offer. I used to have them as a take to work brekkie as I don't eat until mid morning, enjoyed them :-) I add a banana to my morning shake instead of a snack which filled me up. Hopefully I'll get used to eating less again!
  • PixieKazza
    PixieKazza Posts: 48 Member
    Emheia wrote: »
    I do partake in Slimfast or protein shakes semi-regularly for a breakfast replacement.
    HOWEVER, I want to emphasize that I don't do this to lose weight specifically. It is not part of my weight loss "plan".

But it IS a zero effort weigh for me to get a little protein into my system on busy mornings where work just can't wait, without using up too many calories (I use shake powder with unsweetened almond milk at 30cal per serving), which leaves my shakes around 120-130 calories per serving. I find that liquid breakfasts (and sometimes lunches) can help me stave off hunger when I am too busy to sit down and cook a proper meal.

I also am the type of person who fares best when participating in an intermittent fasting type diet. I am absolutely a volume eater - I love to eat a big dinner. Keeping my calories low early in the day allows me to do this, and keeps me happy and encouraged while working on my journey.

If a Slimfast can keep me from downing a bag of chips at my desk, I'm sure there are ways it can help you too. You just want to make certain (as others have mentioned) that you are building towards a sustainable diet that you are going to be able to maintain long term. I may be a minority here, but I do not think Slimfast is evil. It's a tool, but you have to know how to use it in conjunction with the rest of your nutrition.

Hi @Emheia, thanks for your response, I used to take a Slimfast into work for brekkie, nice and easy and I like them. My aim is to kickstart my weightloss and 'get fitter' motivation. My usual diet has gone to pot over the last year with working from home and having my partner move in. I've changed my diet to make cooking for both of us easier, he doesn't eat a lot of the healthier curries, chillies and stirfries I enjoy. He's a pie and chips fan! Once I'm starting to get myself out of the rut I'll get back to my 'usual' healthy eating. Then I should feel strong enough to say NO! to snacks. I did try IF but get hungry mid morning, maybe I'll give that a go when I start eating proper food again.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    33gail33 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with Slim fast

hmmm