WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :'(<3Debbie, I am so sorry about your fur baby. They never stay long enough with us.

:) Roads in my neighborhood were a bit icy this morning so we walked more on the gravel and the grass. When I walked by myself this afternoon, the roads were dry but snow was starting. A few inches of snow are expected overnight. They cancelled the drive through vaccination clinic scheduled for tomorrow morning.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Cathy – believe me, the people in NC DO NOT know how to drive in the snow. Just the mere mention of “snow” and the entire city shuts down. I remember the first winter we were here. I went out, there was a dusting on the grass but you could still see the grass. Vince had a md apt so he brushed off the car, drove to the md office and it was totally empty, he thought maybe they were closed! Fortunately, his md was there but that’s what it’s like down here. People are VERY religious “God put it here, God will take it away”

Tracey – I’m so very sorry for you and the rest of Dillan’s family

Michele now in FL
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Tracey... Prayers and thoughts for you and Dillion's family.

Allie..... So good to read your posts and sounds like you are getting stronger.

Debbie.... aww really feeling for you losing your fur baby. It is so hard.

Betsy in NW WA
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited February 2021
    Debbie : I'm so sorry about your precious furbaby. <3 {{{HUGS}}}

Tracey : I'm sorry to hear that about Dillon. I feel so bad for his parents having to say goodbye that way... I also hope that YOU are feeling better!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,500 Member
    Qqqqq
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Cathy ~ There was a 12 car pile up on I-75 here yesterday. My son had a difficult time getting home from work. I thought about Michele traveling to Florida on I-75 and hoped it didn't affect her.

PIP
    Looks like y'all are making a lot of progress on your new place. Have fun and enjoy.

Rebecca
    Your son's love for building the leggo structures makes me wonder if he could get into some sort of designing engineering when he retires from the Navy. Very talented.

I let y'all know that I got my second vaccine on Monday and thought I was doing great. By the middle of the day on Tuesday, I was achy all over and felt terrible. I think it has gone away now though.

My son stopped by after work yesterday and noticed that we had a huge pine tree in the back yard that was leaning into a tree at the neighbors next door. Evidently, with all the rain we have had, it is uprooted. Two quotes so far today are for $4000 and $4500. Ugh! :s

Carol in GA

He's great at following directions, whether its a Chinese knock off Lego set, or like this one actual Lego set, or the Navy with following orders.👍 When he was a boy he used to memorize what the underside of his classic model cars looked like, then draw a car leaping something, and he'd draw it. It was fascinating! I think he is more interested in rebuilding small engines and body parts on his scooters though. The Lego building is what he does to relax. I think he gets a sense of pride when he gets a scooter looking and sounding just right, then drives it around and have people compliment him and take pictures. Lego could probably do that as well I suppose. There are SO many Lego enthusiasts out there though.

Last night he tested me on his Lego city. " ok mom start off at the museum (yellow bldg), and try to make a route to the sushi restaurant"! I had to get out a flashlight! He has lights in it, in different spots, but for me to try to navigate I needed my own light. We laughed and we discussed all the options, and I finally made my way. He loves talking about Legos, and sadly Lee tries but he can't get as excited as I do. So I am his go to person, ( I love it actually).
    💖Rebecca

my husband loves to build Lego sets(mostly the Chinese knock offs because of the price). Gets his mind off other stuff.

Debbie

Yep! My son works on the helicopters during the day, then Legos during the night! I personally think he should go to bed earlier than midnight, being that he gets up at 6am. But what do I know, I am only his roommate!🙃😁😂 Unfortunately you can't post pics of the Chinese knockoffs on any general Lego site, because of the Lego "purists" having a fit. Does your husband have a designated Lego area, or a unique storage for specific pieces?
    Rebecca

My husband should also go to bed earlier than he does- He is still working graveyard shifts(to limit contact with customers) so goes to bed at 7Pm at the earliest but some nights it is 8 or even 9 and then gets up any where between 11PM and 1AM. That is why he comes home and takes naps or falls asleep in his massage chair. He never gets enough sleep.
    No, he doesn't have a designated area in his room. His room is FULL of all kinds of toys- people have seen pictures of his room and asked what toy store it is. He has always collected toys and has kept them all. His biggest "Lego" is the huge Star Wars ship. He had just finished it and the latest earthquake hit and he had to repair it along with almost every one of his model kits(that is what he also likes doing).

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all the notes.
    Debbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    Margaret - I never would have thought of using blankets. I don’t know how we did it but the drain finally thawed today. We were trying several things to try to get it going.
    We need a new sink because we had thought that it was a blockage on the first day and we put a drain clog substance in. It just ruined the sink by not draining. We’ll deal for a bit.

Lisa - I cracked up reading your titles and am interested in all of them. I think the funniest to me were these two.
    • Why are our children allergic to talking on the phone?
    • I’ve finished my memoir three times, and I’m still not dead
    Please let me know if you write them and where I could find them if you do.

Katla - you would think my husband was a retired US history teacher with how much CNN he’s watched since November. 😂

Vickie - I am always a bit envious of women who have husbands that still do the niceties.
    When we were first married my husband did all of that. In our 2nd year he started driving transport and he learned how I’m able to handle anything so those things went to the wayside. He often tells me that his Mother and I are the strongest women the knows, sometimes it would be nice to have him forget that though. My hip issue is bringing some of it back. He ran the dishwasher through twice today after the sink drained, cleaned the counters and put the groceries away when I got home with them.

Barbie - I think I come from a town where “old people go to visit their parents too”. 😂

Pip - I can’t wait to see your moving in journey. Thanks for posting all of the pictures.

Rebecca - your son is very talented.

Cathy - it’s good that you stayed home. If you aren’t an experienced winter driver it can be dangerous. Even is experienced drivers forget some lessons every Fall I think.

Barbara - that’s how I grew up in the winter with the taps running. I thought about it the other night, but we pay for water and I was hoping it would be ok.

Kylia - how would it affect your family life if you were to look for something else. Surely your husband doesn’t expect you to be this miserable for the job.

Debbie - so sorry for your loss.

Rita - that is an insane temperature drop. I hope you get some answers.

Dillon passed away this morning, his parents were able to FaceTime for the last three hours and speak to him. What a terrible way to have to say goodbye. Thank you all for your prayers.

We have had a woman living with us as a resident since last summer. She hadn’t been able to see her husband since November because of the Outbreak and then in December he was hospitalized. He became a resident two weeks ago but needed to be isolated for 2 weeks so he was hidden away in a separate wing and she didn’t even know he was there until yesterday when they moved them into the same room finally. Tonight as I was leaving work I was in the dining room when they came in, I got chairs for each of them to sit. We have flowers on every table right now for Valentine’s. I said to her, it must be nice to finally have a meal together. She said it sure is, and she was beaming. I asked how long they had been married, she thought about it and said “well, I know it’s over 50 Years”. I told them to enjoy their Valentine’s and to have a good weekend. It’s little things like this that just brighten your day in the midst of all the gloom.

I am going to go have a nice soaking bath, I overdid it yesterday and am in pain today.

Tracey in Edmonton
    It has warmed up to -20 with a feels like of -27 ❄️⛄️🥶

I am so sorry to hear that Dillon passed away.

Love the story about the couple being reunited. That is how it should be. Perfect Valentine's Day gift for both of them.

Debbie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Tracey - So sorry to hear about Dillon. My thoughts go out to the family and to everyone who has lost someone during this pandemic. Such a lot of grief. <3 Happy story about the old couple.

Debbie - You have had more than your fair share of grief over the last year. Your dog looked like a wonderful companion in your photo. So sorry. <3

I'm going to do just the rowing part of my exercise routine this morning before we set out for the park to accidentally meet the grandchildren (bearing Bea's coat ) It'll be about an hour brisk walking there and back, so I can add on maybe 230 calories for that. A bit of machine this afternoon, ( if I can face it, ;) ) will just finish it off. I've got to find time to wrap DH 's remaining presents.

UberEats have a 25% off offer, so fish and chips is looking very possible on Valentines Day. :D Might make a chilli for tonight.

Love Heather, as always pondering food and how to burn it off, in cold Brighton and Hove, UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    im7lra25r4q3.png

This alphabet challenge has caused me to look for different places to walk and cycling. It's been interesting! A few have been challenging! But it has been fun. :)

Now to figure out an N for tomorrow ...

M in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    DEBBIE so sorry for the loss of your fur baby 💔

So cold here, glad the boiler’s fixed

Kate UK ❤️
  • lorri68
    lorri68 Posts: 53 Member
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Finished my first pair of gloves last night, not perfect but toasty

lpvkh1y2811h.jpeg

Kate UK

need them its -3 here
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Debbie, i'm so sorry for your loss;

Kate I love the gloves
  • bananasandoranges
    worked ok yesterday
    slept fairly well (fell asleep before 1 am and slept right though till after 5 am)
  • bananasandoranges
    it's minus 5 Celsius here ,(23°), colder than usual, but very sunny.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    Dillon passed away this morning, his parents were able to FaceTime for the last three hours and speak to him. What a terrible way to have to say goodbye. Thank you all for your prayers.

Tracey in Edmonton
    It has warmed up to -20 with a feels like of -27 ❄️⛄️🥶

So sorry to hear this.

M in Oz