My 2 year Anniversary On My Fitness Pal

Replies

• mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    I’ve been following your posts since you shot into the boards the other day and was crossing my fingers you’d post some more. Wonderful job! For every person who comes here and complains or makes excuses why they can’t do it, there’s one of you plugging away and working your *kitten* off (literally) behind the scenes.

Just awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!

I started a blog if your interested - I am going to from here on out keep a running diary of my thoughts, feelings, success, and challenges.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mpkpbk2015

• s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 28,960 Member
    Congratulations, and thank you for sharing your story!
  • mpkpbk2015
    s1im62 wrote: »
    Congratulations, and thank you for sharing your story!

Thank you for reading it and replying. Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles.

• mpkpbk2015
    Happy Valentines Day Everyone. Unfortunately ,I don't have good news this morning I didn't reach my goal I actyally gained .04 oz so now I am .06 away from goal. But I am not discouraged I have till my Birthday in April. And this is a journey not a race. I have been working hard for the past 2 years so no time to give up. Anything could account for the gain, I slept in this morning because it was so cold I couldn't get up so I didn't weight at the same time. I may be at a plateau and they happen and they don't last forever. It's cold and I generally lose slower in the winter than in the warmer months. I am so close my body and metabolism has probably slowed. I am going to just take it in stride and move on. My positive affirmation for today is :
    My mind is clear of self-doubt, and I am ready to embrace every challenge that comes my way.
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    You look great! Keep up the good work.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Machdude wrote: »
    You look great! Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much - love your avatar they made me smile. I feel really good too. Happy Valentines Day. <3
  • Chubby_Shawty
    Chubby_Shawty Posts: 3 Member
    What an inspiration! It helps to see proof that it’s possible. I’m 4’8” and was at 173 this time last year. Down to 165 now. My weight loss has stalled since late summer, although I still consider it a victory to have stopped the weight gain and not backslide. I’ve just signed up for this program and I’m hoping it will be the tool I need to get to 100. Still a long journey yet in front of me, but your story helps provide encouragement. God speed.
  • mpkpbk2015
    What an inspiration! It helps to see proof that it’s possible. I’m 4’8” and was at 173 this time last year. Down to 165 now. My weight loss has stalled since late summer, although I still consider it a victory to have stopped the weight gain and not backslide. I’ve just signed up for this program and I’m hoping it will be the tool I need to get to 100. Still a long journey yet in front of me, but your story helps provide encouragement. God speed.

You can do it. Stalls happen. The important thing is not to let the stalls get you down. I have had many stalls or I call the plateaus in the last 2 years. I do 2 things I get the measuring tape out and see how many inches I have lost because the scale doesn't always tell the whole story. Like this morning I didn't lose any weight but I lost a total of 4 inches between my arms 1/2 in, waist 1 1/2, bust 1/2 , hips 1, thighs 1/2 . The other thing I do is I go back and look at my diary and see what I ate. Especially the night before I weighted. So just hang in there the journey is long but the rewards at the end are worth it. Take care and Happy Valentines Day and good luck on your journey. <3

• mpkpbk2015

If your interested I have started a blog to get me to the finish line you are more than welcome to check it out. its right here on MFP here is the link https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mpkpbk2015

• cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Wow! Absolutely fabulous progress. So inspirational you look so happy and beautiful.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Wow! Absolutely fabulous progress. So inspirational you look so happy and beautiful.

Thank you so much, I am really happy, don't know about beautiful. But really really happy. And I can walk up the stairs without getting winded. Have a wonderful day and thank you for being so sweet. Hugs. <3
  • AlannaWulf194
    AlannaWulf194 Posts: 24 Member
    Great job! Such an inspiration!
  • mpkpbk2015
    Great job! Such an inspiration!

Thank you so very much. It's a journey, and I feel so much better now thank I have in years. Sleeping better and getting around better too. Feeling good about myself too. Have a wonderful day. You have definitely brightened mine. o:)

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Amazing work!!! You look phenomenal!! True testimony to if you are consistent and patient you can lose no matter where you start in your journey and how old you are!!
  • mpkpbk2015
    Thank you so much in the photo I am 66 I will be 67 in April when I reach my goal I have about a 1/2 pound to go. To help maintain I am going to do a blog on MFP of my journey. Have an wonderful day and thanks for the reply. :)
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Great job! Here's to your health and happiness!
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 131 Member
    Just wow. You're awesome. Congratulations on your progress!!!!!
  • mpkpbk2015
    ggeise14 wrote: »
    Great job! Here's to your health and happiness!

Thank you so very much. Appreciate your kindness. Have a great week.👍
  • mpkpbk2015
    Just wow. You're awesome. Congratulations on your progress!!!!!

Thank you for being so sweet. Almost to the finishline. Just a little ways to go. Appreciate your support.😉
  • mpkpbk2015
    well tomorrows the big day - going to weigh. Should be at goal. So excited feel like a kid on Christmas eve.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!