Eating a big brunch!

For so long I followed the notion that I needed to save calories for dinner so I would eat lighter during the day. Then I would feel peckish (probably unsatisfied) and snack on of chocolate/biscuits/snack bars (even whilst intuitively eating) and then try to make sure I didn’t overeat for dinner (but I wouldn’t feel satisfied).
Now I accidentally ate a big brunch of around 700-800 calories and I wasn’t hungry for the whole day. I also made sure to get atleast 40-50g of protein and I had good energy, didn’t feel peckish at all and no hunger. It’s amazing what a small adjustment can do. Just thought I’d share this incase anyone else felt the same way. I also love that I have slowly transitioned to intuitive eating and my mind is so free. I admit that even though tracking calories was good for me in the short term, it wasn’t good for me in the long term. I got obsessed with numbers and I would restrict calories during the day. I also wasn’t listening to my true hunger and just what the numbers the app was showing me. I’m still aware of roughly how much I’m eating, but I’m no longer obsessed with every single number.

Replies

• 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Same - my dinner is often my lowest calorie meal of the day. I am hungrier earlier so it works for me.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    33gail33 wrote: »
    Same - my dinner is often my lowest calorie meal of the day. I am hungrier earlier so it works for me.

Yeah it’s amazing what a big breakfast/lunch can do to your appetite and hunger.