Is fitness home workout apps good?

Options
Amy recommendations?
Thanks!

Replies

• BayInTheWoods
    BayInTheWoods Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like You Are Your Own Gym. It's all body weight, so no gym equipment necessary. You can change any of the exercises in a given set to make them easier or harder depending on your fitness level.
  • pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love Aaptiv. It's audio based and there are so many types of workouts. Running, walking, strength, yoga, meditation, etc. Aside from my 1 day a week I go to a personal trainer, I am doing Aaptiv workouts. And I am loving my results.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Not an app, but YouTube has a lot of good workouts. Find a trainer you like and subscribe to their channel.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love Centr. Love it love it love it.
  • TheRugMastersWife
    TheRugMastersWife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have Les Mills on Demand, love it!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I really like peleton. I don't have the peleton bike or treadmill, but use the app with my own treadmill and bike
  • ladyamparo77
    ladyamparo77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use Daily Burn and Beachbody - I use BB more for strength training workouts and Daily Burn for more of the cardio; I love them both!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

This is what I have too. LMOD and YouTube are my primary workout sources these days. Love them
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I use Alo Moves. Started out as yoga, but now they’ve expanded the trainers so there are tons of fitness workouts.

I like choosing the type of workout, plus the length and intensity.
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I do cardio with BollyX - they are Bollywood dances done with a fitness twist. It is so much fun and a great workout and easy to customize. I do 3 times a week in the winter instead of running outside. The instructors/dancers come in all shapes and sizes, and are so good!

For strength training I do Barre classes through Tuck Barre and Yoga. They were my local Barre studio before Covid and then they went online and now folks from all over enjoy them. Great workouts with real people building long and lean muscles really just using your own body weight in small repetitive movements. Also do these 3 days a week.
  • MrsLead
    MrsLead Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really like FitOn and it’s free tons of variety and options. Peloton is good too but it’s a bit on the more expensive side, but the instructors are amazing.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options

This is what I have too. LMOD and YouTube are my primary workout sources these days. Love them

I joined Les Mills On Demand just a few weeks ago and I am loving it.
    I think I might still be within my 30 day free trial, but I could tell within days that I was keeping the subscription!!
    Great variety and a lot of fun.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    I used BeachBodyondemand (BOD) and FitOn.
    BOD is CAD120 per year. They have a variety of programs to suit any fitness level. Each of their programs have a calendar to follow and a modifier.
    FitOn is free. There is a pro version for a fee. I don’t see ever using the pro features, so don’t see upgrading.
    Both have equipment and no equipment options.