Looking for friends and accountability buddy.

A 40 yo guy who is trying to cut alot of weight fast, for my job, looking for others to be friends and help keep me going. Doesn't have to be daily and all the time but someone to give me that kick in the rear end when I need it.

Replies

• emaSharmama
    emaSharmama Posts: 18 Member
    Hi there young man.
    I'm looking at 60 and not liking what I see in the mirror.
    I have type 2 diabetes so it is imperative that I cut the sweets. I want to see 70s.
    I started back up again a month ago and as of last week, had lost 12 pounds, not much but a starting point.
    I'll regularly keep in touch if you want to friend me. Just let me know, Elizabeth
  • sirion2
    sirion2 Posts: 50 Member
    How timely! I am looking for accountability partners as well. I am at the maintenance phase, well, I've started to regain so I need some accountability.

Nathan--what kind of job? what's your plan?

Ema--I applaud your efforts to get control of things with T2 diabetes. 12 pounds in a month is incredible so don't sell yourself short!

My rough plan is to track calories per MFP goals and exercise 5 days per week for at least 45 minutes. I'm on day 2 today and so far on track.
  • kah46
    kah46 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi,
    I need some accountability buddies too! I've lost 130 lbs so far(over 4 years), but just started working out in April 2020. I find the weekends are derailing my goal to lose the last 20 lbs or so. I'm excising 5-6 days a week so I'm gaining muscle, which is why the scale isn't going down. But I still find on the weekend I'm not eating as well and it's frustrating. Since I'm new to fitness and MFP I thought this was a good place to start :-)
    Kelly
  • sirion2
    Hi Kelly! Wow, 130 pounds off, that’s incredible! I do find weight loss more about the food than the exercise but exercise helps me feel better. What’s your plan today?

I’m on day 3 of tracking food. I’ve stayed under my calories both days, but used most of my exercise calories. Unfortunately, I am realizing why I was gaining weight—I had definitely lost track of what a day’s worth of calories looks like. Planning a run today but not until the sun is up due to some icy patches. Going to do my weights first as soon as I get out of my warm bed.

Goals today: stick to calories, go for a run, weight routine, shoulder exercises.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Kelly, your story is truly inspiring. The commitment you've made to yourself is truly impressive. Congratulations and keep up the awesome work!
  • sirion2
    On track so far today--I've gone for my run and done my shoulder exercises. Calories so far so good. Just need to get my lifting in...
  • mcaesar811
    mcaesar811 Posts: 23 Member
    Hi Nathan, I’m a 31 year old woman looking for the same! Hoping we can encourage each other!
  • sirion2
    Did not do my lifting yesterday so I met all my goals but that one. Unfortunately, last night I dropped a dumb laptop on my foot and while the x-ray shows it is not broken, I have a big bruise that makes walking very painful. Doctor says it should start to feel better in about a week. Until then, no exercise calories for me!

Goals today are to keep my foot elevated and stick to my calorie count.

Anyone else want to chime in?
  • AK121730
    AK121730 Posts: 41 Member
    Hi everyone. I am 4 weeks into a very long recovery from spinal fusion surgery. Very limited in how hard I can exercise, walking only for at least 3 months, which has me committed to nutrition more than ever. You are rock and I’d love to be part of this group so I have an accountability group to be a part of.
  • sirion2
    Hi AK, I had spinal fusion surgery in 2003. It was a long recovery but pretty successful. I was able to get back to normal in about 6 months. Walking was great for me during recovery. Are you watching your calories? What’s your goals?
  • emaSharmama
    emaSharmama Posts: 18 Member
    Hi 😊
    Sorry I haven't checked in.
    Nathan, hope you are doing well and still sticking it out.
    Kelly, congrats on the weight loss and I hope you find the encouragement to continue. Sometimes if you pinpoint where the problem is, ie weekend, it helps to change your habits and routine. Get in a good mindset at the start of the day.
    AK, I admire your dedication to sticking it out even in difficult circumstances. I hope you come back.
    Sirion, I seem to keep running across you. I hope you are still on course and that your foot is better. It can be discouraging to hit a bump in the road like that.
    As for me, I have been staying under my calorie goal for almost three weeks now. I'm meeting most of my nutritional goals and actually having leftover carbs at the end of the day. I'm struggling with limiting the sodium and getting enough potassium. Minor concerns since my doctor says I'm okay. He lowered the insulin from 80 to 70 to 60. I'm still getting low readings in the middle of the night, so he might adjust it again.
    All in all, I feel pretty optimistic. I've been making better food choices and have been drinking at least 5 cups of water a day ( remarkable since I only drank coffee before), one day getting 12 cups.
    Well, gotta get ready for an appointment. Everyone have a good day and continue in your successes. 😉Betsy
  • AK121730
    AK121730 Posts: 41 Member
    Hey Betsy, great work on the water.
  • Mammaroatch07
    Mammaroatch07 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey I'm looking for accountability as well I have added you guys as friends I'm what you would call a serial starter and I let myself get back up to around 200 lbs now I want to climb back down and hopefully stay down so once I'm down maintenance will be good I look forward to be part of a group that will support and not just be your friend and not talk to you