What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    I’ve never heard of cream of rice. That looks like mashed potatoes at first glance.

What does cream of rice taste like?
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Lunch for tomorrow for the 3rd time in the last week

1 cup frozen pineapple
    1 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
    2 spoonfuls of stevia or sweetner of choice

Blend it all together.......🍍

LORD JESUS BLESS 💟
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Oh, pickles, yes please!!
    Been on a big egg with veg kick for a while now - if we go a day without eating I start craving!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Low carb pumpkin pie and cool whip.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I’ve never heard of cream of rice. That looks like mashed potatoes at first glance.

Have you had cream of wheat?
  • pancakerunner
    7qb3qprpvya6.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member

Do they taste the same because I just finished off my cream of wheat and still need to eat a smoother cereal so was maybe going to check out cream of rice.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member

It’s actually the texture of mashed potatoes, I buy pride foods flavored Cream of Rice, this is Coconut Cream pie and I add egg whites and 1/2 scoop of protein powder to make it more macro friendly and with the added protein it keeps me full for hours. It tastes like dessert 😍
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

Do they taste the same because I just finished off my cream of wheat and still need to eat a smoother cereal so was maybe going to check out cream of rice.

I’ve never had cream of wheat but it is very smooth, similar to mashed potatoes.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Lunch for tomorrow for the 3rd time in the last week

1 cup frozen pineapple
    1 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
    2 spoonfuls of stevia or sweetner of choice

Blend it all together.......🍍

LORD JESUS BLESS 💟

I just do not understand why people feel need to disagree when someone shares what they are into. The question pertains to each of us as unique individuals. It's not about " who agrees with being into this with me" as a question! Leave people alone!!! 😂

I think it might be the fact she says "lord jesus bless". I saw a few other of her posts with that that also got dislikes.

Well that's a whole other topic. I personally do not mind or dislike it at all.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member

I’ve never had cream of wheat but it is very smooth, similar to mashed potatoes.

I can't find cheap cream of rice. How do we feel about grits?

(I actually like the cream of wheat. I just figure trying something different would be good too. And I like rice so.... )
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member

I can't find cheap cream of rice. How do we feel about grits?

(I actually like the cream of wheat. I just figure trying something different would be good too. And I like rice so.... )

I would love to find a certified gluten free grits. Polenta is very similar. I wonder how that tastes. another option is amaranth.
  • pancakerunner
    Fresh refrigerated pickles... like Bubbie's or Grillos... NOT vlassic or the other kind you find in the center of the store
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I love grits/polenta. If it’s fresh and pure(not a lot of additives). It tastes like corn.
  • pancakerunner
    I love grits/polenta. If it’s fresh and pure(not a lot of additives). It tastes like corn.

this reminds me... I need to buy masa to make arepas!
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Geoduck
  • pancakerunner
    Geoduck

what is this?