Any vegans here?

Hey! I am a vegan mom of three. The rest of my family do not practice the same lifestyle as me. I have been a vegetarian for 7 years with a small amount of sea food. But now I am taking the full on vegan step. I am looking for like minded people to share in some stories, motivation and recipes :)

Replies

• RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Hey! I am a vegan mom of three. The rest of my family do not practice the same lifestyle as me. I have been a vegetarian for 7 years with a small amount of sea food. But now I am taking the full on vegan step. I am looking for like minded people to share in some stories, motivation and recipes :)

Actually, I'm beginning the transition myself. I'm going to force my family on it since I cook all the meals. Still I'd love to follow this as I need help with the transition.
    @janejellyroll thank you for the website recommendation!!! I'm going to check it out.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Vegan here.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    I’ve been vegan for over 20 years, vegetarian for two years before that. Glad to offer support and answer questions if I can.

What encouraged you to become a vegan? I made the change for animal welfare reasons. If you’re making the switch for health reasons try to look at all the vegan convenience foods available as a treat rather than a staple - they’re plant based but still highly processed. I like to cook, sounds like maybe you do too. It’s easy to veganize lots of recipes once you get started,
  • IslandLife24
    IslandLife24 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks everyone :) nice to meet you all. I will add you. Thanks for the website. I originally went Vegetarian for health issues. But I have watch lots of documentaries and read lots of books that have made me want to go fully plant based. I look forward to chatting and hearing more about your journeys :)
  • sunnylolasunny
    sunnylolasunny Posts: 34 Member
    New vegan here✋🏾also living in a non - vegan house
  • SammyBoo1980
    SammyBoo1980 Posts: 56 Member
    edited February 2021
    Another vegan here, since 2014 :) I'm very inconsistent with logging here but my diary is open if you want to see what I eat. Lately it's a bit *kitten* due to lockdown carb cravings, but generally it's pretty wholefoods.
  • Alexandriakay676
    Alexandriakay676 Posts: 56 Member
    I have introduced alot more vegetarian meals into my diet. Now making the move to vegan. Also have a gluten and soy allergy. Open to all suggestions. Looking for a great and easy breakfast option or a few!
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Vegan here, coming up on 4 years. Was vegetarian for a long time prior to making the switch.
  • FitVibration
    FitVibration Posts: 63 Member
    I’m an aspiring vegan 💯❤️🤷‍♂️
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Vegan here!! Started more plant based years ago. The final leap was right at beginning of pandemic
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    My son (15) decided to go vegan for Lent, so we are all trying it out. I love to shop and cook, so it's been fun exploring and trying out new things. Thanks @janejellyroll for the website rec!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    3 years an herbivore, about 12 years before that intermittent vegetarian starting with one or two meatless meals a week, and for the last few years eating meat, eggs or dairy only about once a month.

Check out the "Happy Herbivore" group :-)
  • gininthegym
    gininthegym Posts: 47 Member
    Me. I started off this year by doing Veganuary - and am still on it. No meat,eggs or dairy for me. My trouble is that I have enjoyed cooking and eating so much that my weight loss is not happening. Quite the reverse. ha ha.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I am not vegan but I eat mostly plant based. I also live in a non-vegan household. My husband is a meat and potatoes type of guy. Depending on what we're having for dinner, sometimes I will eat some meat if it's too difficult to make my portion animal free. I love eating this way!
  • sqwelchy
    sqwelchy Posts: 7 Member
    Vegetarian here, I like eggs and honey
  • Cailia
    Cailia Posts: 15 Member
    Vegan here since 2013. Our household is vegan and we wouldn't have it any other way. I've been on MFP since 2014.
  • katwmn1
    katwmn1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I dipped my toes into plant-based, whole foods about 6-7 months ago but got really serious about it last month.

I don’t particularly count calories and since February 1st I’ve lost 7-8 pounds (it fluctuates) and 14.75 inches. I’m sleeping better, have more energy, the food tastes great and is pretty quick to fix. I’m sold.

I’m using the Forks Over Knives meal planner which takes the guesswork out of what we are eating.
  • aperfecttouch4474
    aperfecttouch4474 Posts: 18 Member
    I would like to do Vegan for health reason as well. My husband was in the hospital recently for digestive reasons and the doctor encouraged cutting meats out of his diet.
  • rajashrid116
    rajashrid116 Posts: 6 Member
    Yes. I also vegan