NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @mswatson0777 Thanks, it was fun! What a great NSV to realize you are getting stronger! Brava for the healthy cooking, too! <3

@theslightedgeforever Yes, 1% better each day I believe James Clear says? I need to do the same, I got about 25% too. I understand the texture thing. The board was super good. A fruits & veggies board would be nice, you could make it really colorful/beautiful, and enticing! I love Nutella, too :)

@DonnasWay0005 Hi and welcome! We are all on our own plans for weight loss here. I am on WW but I think I am the only holdout lol! I know what you mean about nuts and avocado...I still have them but in moderation. I'm glad you are here!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Nutella is hard to control, it is so delicious. I let my hubby have the tiny bottle, I didn't even want any of it to tempt me lol. I think you sent your rain over here, it's sprinkling here. You are doing great, really, I am so inspired by you!

Hello all. I had the day off yesterday but didn't sit around. I did a lot of cleaning and organizing that needed to be done: the blinds grrrrh, the car, I sorted through my closet and got rid of a bag of clothing. I also did some reading and prepped veggies for meals a bit.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @theslightedgeforever It was definitely fun to see it in real time since it was definitely an ego boost to see how fit I was! And he does the elliptical for an hour a day so his baseline isn't bad but once you add weights it's a whole different game! I'm so glad you got to chat and connect with your friends on your birthday!

@DonnasWay0805 Welcome to the group! I could never sustain WW either so we're glad to have you here!

@TeresaW1020 Leg day is killer so I can't imagine layering AAA on top of it! I always have to space those out. Today I did Core de Force Plyo and my core is definitely feeling it! Doesn't it feel great to be the fitter one with all the work you've been doing? I'm glad you had fun last night splitting some wine and chocolate with your spouse! And Lent seems like a great way to center healthy habits for the next few months!

@trooworld Wow! You had a super productive day off! Great job setting yourself up for success this week with prepped veggies!

Hi Everyone! I made the most amazing salad yesterday with shredded purple cabbage, shredded carrots, and sliced mini cucumbers in a chipotle sauce. It was delicious and so filling when paired with some protein. Today I'm going to finish up my butternut squash soup and for dinner have my homemade cilantro lime rice with shrimp and probably some more of that salad!

It has been ridiculously cold here (legitimately it is -19 as I type this) so I haven't been able to get any walks in which has been a struggle. I've been using the time to do relaxing yoga and stretch, but it's just not the same as getting outdoors. I'm ready for winter to be over so I can enjoy being outside again.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Wise of you to not even touch that Nutella. I so need to clean and organize around there too. This morning I bought this microfiber brush that is supposed to be used to clean blinds. I did test it out but decided that project needs to wait for me to be more in the mood. Which probably explains why my blinds are so very dusty! :D DH and I were just talking about cleaning out our closet, but I want to wait until cold weather is over and then lots of things are going to Goodwill.

@mswatson0777 That salad does sound good. I love chipotle sauce! Do you buy it in a bottle or make it? Yeah, it’s cold everywhere it seems. Even in Georgia! :o

Hi everyone! Well, it’s cold and windy but that didn’t stop me and mom from getting the grocery shopping done. The most awful thing happened on the way to Walmart this morning. As I turned the corner at an intersection, I heard a terrible crash right behind me and looked in my rearview mirror just in time to see this poor man go flying out of his truck and landing on the pavement. If he isn’t dead, he is very badly hurt for sure. It looks like he was turning the same corner, and someone slammed really hard into him. I’m not sure who was at fault. Mom and I were shaken and prayed all the way to the store. That could have been us! Just shows that we all have to be very careful when driving. This poor man’s life was altered in the blink of an eye. :'( After shopping, I came home and had lunch with DH. I won’t be eating lunch for the foreseeable future and I’m really hopeful that shaking up my routine will help with my weight. I’m off to straighten up the house. I have a friend dropping by in an hour and it's too cold to stand on the porch, so she is coming inside. :)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Thanks! It sounds like you are eating really well. That salad must have been colorful and beautiful as well as delicious! I can't even imagine that level of cold. I complain when it is in the 50s lol. I hope the cold ends soon.

@TeresaW1020 Ooh let me know how that brush works out for you. I still have more to get rid of, I just did the closet but I didn't do my shelves! Oh my gosh, what a thing to witness. I hope that poor man is okay. I hope you had a nice visit with your friend.

Hello all. We got Mediterranean food delivered last night. It was delicious but it was a mistake: my weight is going to be up today, I know it, and it's probably going to be up the rest of the week. I was way over on my points.

• mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 Oh how horrifying! It truly goes to show how important seatbelts are, I'm glad you and your Mom are safe!

@trooworld The salad was so colorful and delicious! The cold should be ending by this weekend so I'm excited to get out again after work. I miss the activity and the time to decompress away from the house. And Mediterranean food is one of my faves, I hope you enjoyed it!

Happy Wednesday All! I'm a little burned out so I asked my SO for a "me day" for today (aka leave me alone and pretend I don't exist while I hide in an introvert bubble and don't talk to anyone). I don't know if anyone else does or needs these but I find them insanely helpful. Lately I've been the emotional sounding board for a lot of folks in my life so I need some time to recharge and decompress.

I could tell my stress levels were rising because I felt bingey yesterday. I'm happy to report I didn't binge and instead had a healthy filling snack and journaled my feelings.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    Hello all. I hurt my knee today and I can't walk. Somehow I stepped up on some uneven ground while I was out and pulled something. So obviously won't be exercising for a couple of days. I've been using the RICE method.

@mswatson0777 I retreat into my own little bubble sometimes. As you know, I've not been my chatty self lately. This too shall pass. Good for you for not bingeing and journaling.

@trooworld I love Mediterranean food. So easy to go overboard on that I find. You sound like my sister and 50 being cold. lol Meanwhile my son is in Houston freezing. He moved from Iowa to get away from the cold. lol God had other plans this winter. He finally got some power back after 24+hours. It's crazy there right now it seems. It warmed up a bit but now freezing rain.

@teresaw1020 Goodness on the accident. Angels were watching over your car. I hope he's okay. Hopefully your weight will be moving in the right direction soon.

@DonnasWay0805 Welcome to the group!

Right now I'm struggling with my eating and trying to figure out how I can blend my carb cycling with my WW blue plan. Either plan would work for me if I would just follow. But for some reason either life or a black hole or whatever seems to find me incapable of it right now despite my good intentions every morning. I'm thinking of doing alternating weeks. Although would that be too confusing? So that's where I am right now mentally.
  • DonnasWay0805
    DonnasWay0805 Posts: 37 Member
    Hello all. I hurt my knee today and I can't walk. Somehow I stepped up on some uneven ground while I was out and pulled something. So obviously won't be exercising for a couple of days. I've been using the RICE method.

@mswatson0777 I retreat into my own little bubble sometimes. As you know, I've not been my chatty self lately. This too shall pass. Good for you for not bingeing and journaling.

@trooworld I love Mediterranean food. So easy to go overboard on that I find. You sound like my sister and 50 being cold. lol Meanwhile my son is in Houston freezing. He moved from Iowa to get away from the cold. lol God had other plans this winter. He finally got some power back after 24+hours. It's crazy there right now it seems. It warmed up a bit but now freezing rain.

@teresaw1020 Goodness on the accident. Angels were watching over your car. I hope he's okay. Hopefully your weight will be moving in the right direction soon.

@DonnasWay0805 Welcome to the group!

Right now I'm struggling with my eating and trying to figure out how I can blend my carb cycling with my WW blue plan. Either plan would work for me if I would just follow. But for some reason either life or a black hole or whatever seems to find me incapable of it right now despite my good intentions every morning. I'm thinking of doing alternating weeks. Although would that be too confusing? So that's where I am right now mentally.

I struggled for a couple of months juggling WW points on the blue plan and counting my calories.. I had to finally come to terms with simply keeping it simple and just count my healthy calories, I find it much more accurate. And I find it much easier to keep the carbs lower by just doing calories because the points are so high for nuts , cheese and avocado, etc. Just stay steady in the boat and keep it simple. I pray you knew gets better quick. ❤️
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 I'm glad it's going to warm up for you so you get outside. I really did enjoy the Mediterranean food, it's one of my faves too! I felt the need for a "me" day the other day when my husband started talking non-stop lol. It rarely happens so I just let him talk. I wasn't in the mood to listen or engage in conversation but oh well lol. I might try a "me" day someday soon! I'm glad you were able to avoid a binge, WTG!

@theslightedgeforever Oh dear, do take care of that knee! It is easy to go overboard on Mediterranean food, they usually give you a huge portion that you have no business eating. I did break up my meal into two portions. LOL...I'm a wimp now. I'm originally from the midwest so I should be able to take some cold but it's been too long that I've been away! Geez, your poor son! That weather is not what I think of when I think of Houston. For your plan, can you start out by following it for half the day? Even just for breakfast and build on that?

@DonnasWay0805 That's good advice!

Hi everyone. I'm still not sleeping well. I'm feeling tired but I'll manage. I'm still on my organizing binge: I ordered these wire baskets for the bathroom and they came yesterday, I put all of the sheets in the baskets because before, they were a jumbled mess. I also ordered a shoe rack because my shoes are a mess and I end up wearing the same 3 pairs of shoes because the shoes are messy. I had a nice kale salad with some chicken last night: https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/sweet-potato-kale-salad/

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Yum that salad looks amazing!! I’ve been feeling the need to start organizing and cleaning out my house too. I see it as a sign that spring is coming and we have to be ready! :grin:

@theslightedgeforever Ouch, so sorry you hurt your knee! Doing RICE is probably the best thing you can do. Why are you trying to work on two different plans? Would just sticking to one be a better choice? Or maybe switching it up would fit your personality better. With good planning, it might not be too confusing. ;)

@mswatson0777 I think taking a “me day” is a must when you start feeling burned out. That is what my jigsaw puzzles have become. I don’t do them as often as I was, but there is always one hanging out on my dining room table so I can retreat to it when I’m needing some alone time. :)

Good morning! It’s almost time for me to leave for the weekly staff meeting. Afterward, I will be staying behind to start my first day as the church’s cleaning lady. Do I call myself the cleaning lady, custodian, or janitor? I’m not sure but I do know that I have my work cut out for me! :grin: Yesterday, I also started Lent where I am denying myself sugar and wine and eating one meal a day. I did have a Keto coffee in the afternoon and will do that when I’m really hungry. It doesn’t spike insulin as food does. My weight hasn’t budged much since coming home from Florida and I need that to change! OK, I'm off to work! :)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 It was! Yes, spring is right around the corner so hold tight! I hope the cleaning goes well. Just think of all the calories you are going to burn! I hope the eating plan gives you a boost at weigh-in.

• mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever Would alternating weeks change the barriers that are currently preventing you from following either? And I'm so sorry to hear about your knee, I hope the RICE method helps!

@TeresaW1020 I say pick the title you like the most! I hope you have a good first day at the second job!

@trooworld oh man I wish I could be on an organizing binge, my house definitely needs it (and some serious spring cleaning if we're being honest). Something tells me the spring after my dissertation is when I'm going to purge all the things!

@DonnasWay0805 Hows the transition to calorie counting going?

Happy Thursday folks! Tonight we're having our quaranteam over for dinner which should be fun! I'm not necessarily in a social mood but once they're over here I bet I will be. I enjoyed the "me night" so much last night I didn't want it to end. This morning I felt such a boost of energy from it I blasted out the rest of my class paper and got my discussion posts done for the week which felt fantastic to get off my plate! I'm planning on having an extremely low-key weekend so I can hopefully replicate the magic of last night to help boost me through the upcoming week. I also finally got the Bridgerton books from the library so I'll have some fun reading material!
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited February 2021
    @DonnasWay0805 I used to do WW back when it was PointsPlus, then came here. I became prediabetic and the doc wanted me counting carbs. Then I was doing that for a while but was eating too many calories. So I stumbled up on a carb cycling program that worked wonders for me in last half of 2019. Then I got real sick early 2020 and then covid and well you know the rest. I gained 24 lbs last year. Probably 6 this year. I haven't looked. ;So just a while ago, it suddenly came to me what I will try. I will do every other day. carb cycling, WW blue. Best of both worlds. Before I would be satisfied with some cheese cubes and a couple pieces of deli turkey. But when I did blue plan, those points add up. But I do need the vitamins minerals in the f&v. I know it's a balance, so maybe this will work. On carb days, I have a calorie goal that I try and stay under. But if I go over, I don't count myself as off plan if I meet my carb goal.

@trooworld I'm always good for breakfast. lol I follow the same menu every week depending on the day. Plus I would track breakfast. Lunch and after is what became the problem, but I think I found the solution. Read my post to Donna above. My friend recently made me some homemade orange marmalade. I said I'll try it on Monday. She said can't you just try it tomorrow. I said no because I have toast on Mondays. She said, you are so methodical. (true) I can never fold sheets neatly. Now underwear, that's a different story.

@teresaw1020 So why am I thinking about two different plans. With carb cycling, I can feel satisfied most of the time with my choices but I don't necessarily pick things that are really healthy for me and my brain/gut. I know I can lose weight on this one if I just follow the plan (as you know I had a hard time following it in 2020 after I did perfectly for 6 months in 2019.) The other one would have so many good vitamins and minerals and other good benefits for my body, but until I can make those choices into a habit and change my palate, long term it's just not happening. But I get the benefit of if I'm hungry I could go grab a fruit and it be a 0 point food, but then too much of that and my blood sugar numbers might not look so good. See? So I'm going for every other day. I'm still using my red yellow green but will be counting carbs and points on alternate days. So at least 3-4 days a week I'll be getting in some good f&v, beans, etc. I personally like Jazzy Janitress. I'd get a cool uniform for it too. Maybe etsy or redbubble has something.

@mswatson0777 I'm hoping alternating days will break my barriers. I've never had barriers so long before. Time to clean out the cobwebs. I'm glad you enjoyed your me time and feel renewed.

My RICE is working. Doing it again today. Knee is better where at least I can put weight on it and don't have to sit down to put on/take off pants. Still no exercise. Tomorrow is my normal planned rest day so that worked out nicely.
  • DonnasWay0805
    DonnasWay0805 Posts: 37 Member
    @mswatson0777 .. oh my gosh it's so much easier... I'm 56 and at this point in my life that's the way to go for me.. simple. And I love that it's an accurate accountable method... at the end of the day you know where you landed. 😊❣️
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 I don't blame you, you barely have time to breathe you are so busy! I hope you had fun with your quaranteam. I'm behind on Bridgerton, I need to finish the season. I love it it's just my spouse doesn't want to watch it which means I have to either watch it on my computer with headphones or watch it when he's not here. I hope you enjoy your low-key weekend and the books!

@theslightedgeforever Are you saying you eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day? Man, I can't do that. I can eat the same breakfast all week but that's about it. It sounds like your combination of carb cycling and WW Blue might work out okay. I admire your ability to delay gratification. I heard on the news the other day that this is a sign of maturity (not being old but mentally mature). Unfortunately, I must be pretty juvenile because I do not have the ability to delay gratification, I never have. I remember sneaking and peeking at my Christmas gifts as a teenager. I can't fold the sheets neatly either, that's why I got the wire baskets: I can just roll them and put them in the basket. ;) My underwear drawer looks like a bomb went off lol. I'm glad the RICE is working.

Hi all. First, the good news: I lost 2.6 lbs this week! This is surprising as I indulged 3 days this week. I've now lost a total of 24.6 lbs. I'm so close to 25 lbs!!! Tonight, I'm making the TikTok viral sensation, baked feta pasta. I've been looking forward to it all week. I haven't had pasta in a while, I don't have it very often because it is something I have a hard time resisting. I got rid of 3 bags of clothes and shoes yesterday, took them to the Goodwill. I got a new shoe rack so my closet looks a lot better now. I still have to go through a box of shoes and my shelves that hold my sweaters and t-shirts. It's a process!

• theslightedgeforever
    @donnasway0805 I'm glad you found a plan that is working for you.

@trooworld Woohoo on your weight loss! You are becoming a new you. I don't eat the same thing every day for breakfast but I eat the same thing every Monday for breakfast. Then every Tuesday I have the same thing and so forth. Cause I work it around my green, yellow, red days. I can't be eating my french toast and pancakes on a red day. I can normally delay gratification except I haven't been for the past 6 weeks. So I'm ready to get back to that. Underwear folding is easy. Lay them out. fold the crotch area upward to meet the top and then fold the right and left sides toward the middle. It makes a flat square for easy stacking. One day I'll learn to fold sheets nicely.

Well I tracked all day yesterday for the first time in a long time. So that's progress.

Green Day- Went Over 294/238 carbs :(
    Still no exercise due to knee problem
    Water 2/6 :|
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Yeah, I like Jazzy Janitress too! I would definitely need a bedazzled uniform with a title like that. :D I am sure you will find a plan that will get you moving in the right direction and fit your life. Glad that your knee is feeling better. Ohhh and never in my life have I considered how to properly fold underwear. I feel if they are at least in somewhat a manageable pile, I’m good to go. :D

@trooworld Congrats on your amazing weight loss this week!! I used to open my Christmas presents that my mom wrapped because she must have thought that scotch tape was gold and would barely use any. Made it so easy!! :D

Hello everyone! Today was day two as the church’s jazzy janitress and I am soooo tired!! I worked almost 5 hours and after over 12,000 steps and 6 flights of stairs, I called it quits and will go back and finish up tomorrow. The guy who cleaned our church did the bare minimum, which granted is a lot of work, but I will have no choice but to go above and beyond because I can’t see dirt that up close and personal and not do something about it. I know it will get better once I’ve gotten things the way I like them. My weight was up a pound this week. Mostly due to me blowing going to Mexican with the staff yesterday. We hadn’t all gone together in such a long time and they wouldn’t take no for an answer. It’s all good. I know that I will get it off next week. I better because I don’t want to end the month with a stupid gain! :#
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! I am! what you mean about your breakfast. I could do that. I hope you can get back to delayed gratification soon. That doesn't sound too hard to fold underwear. I think it's possible I may be able to do it lol. That's great that you tracked everything, well done!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! LOL I'm glad I wasn't alone in unwrapping presents! I like "Jazzy Janitress" too!!! The church cleaning sounds like a LOT of work. It should be easier once you get the spring cleaning done on it/deep cleaning. Then you'll just have to keep up with it. Sorry about the gain. You will get it off next week.

@cbabie are you okay? Do I need to send out the hounds?

Hi all. I must say that the baked feta pasta last night was delicious! I think I'll give the leftovers to my MIL and BIL. My weight is down again today but if I have another serving of that pasta, it's sure to shoot up. Today is going to be busy: I have to pick up groceries ordered from Walmart, go to a few other stores for groceries, pick up some shoes at Kohl's that I ordered, go to acupuncture, and then at 2:00 pm, we are having game night over Zoom with some friends that live in NY. Here's a picture of my pasta.

am5ges9kd3ug.jpg
  • bsthorn1
    bsthorn1 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, The WW meeting place here closed and not another one close to us, I am an older adult and can't drive long distance at night for meetings. I reached lifetime years ago losing 68lbs but I have gained a lot back. I've been using the My Fitness Pal to track my food but I don't know what Macro ratio to use as a target. I'm trying to limit carbs to fresh Veg and Fruits and lean meats. Any help would be appreciated.
  • bsthorn1
    bsthorn1 Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2021
    Thankful to find this group.
  • trooworld
    @bsthorn1 Hi and welcome! I'm glad you found us. That stinks that your meeting place closed. I track in WW so I can't speak to the macros, but there are plenty of people on this board that track in MFP and can offer some advice. For the most part, I limit carbs to fruits and vegs too.

Hi all! It's a beautiful day in Southern California. I'm sorry for those parts of the U.S., and the world, that are not in beautiful weather right now. I don't have much planned today, maybe some meal prep. Other than that, I'm going to go through my shoes and get rid of some and take a load to the Goodwill. Have a good day, everyone!