What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Salmon taco salad.098e7iacmbl7.jpg
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    @LazyBlondeChef mmmmm... those Sea Scallops!
    Yesterday: lentil and veg soup with protein pasta for lunch, then kale salad with roasted veg and tempeh for dinner with smashed cucumbers
    mkpb1tc4a3lt.jpeg
    huvpzj8d3wf7.jpeg

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Kid Barnsley chops. I do want to eat more goat as it is a lean red meat and I want to encourage farmers to stop killing the billy kids at birth because they are seen as a waste product of the goat cheese industry. Sauteed frozen peas and broad beans with mint. Parsnip tarte tatin made with frozen phyllo dough and some miso caramel I had lying around the freezer. The warmed up gravy has been lying in the freezer since Xmas too.
    ua4sepf0guh6.jpeg
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    I’ve yet to be brave enough to try to make the miso Carmel (I’m worried I’d just destroy a bunch of miso and then be sad), but it sounds so good!!!
    I kept it more of a basic B level today 😎
    dfopsw8xp72c.jpeg
    fa9xodcz634z.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Meatballs, red lentil fusilli w/marinara & parm. My partner made dinner tonight and he didn't bother with a vegetable. He also had regular penne pasta with his sauce rather than the fusilli.

I had some fresh red lentil pasta a few weeks back that I thought was quite good but that doesn't extend to the dry version. Flavor is a little stronger than I want plus the usual textural issue. The search for the perfect gluten free pasta continues.

lcjmn695lsl7.jpg
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    l6m8sn9q7b58.jpeg

If you’re in social media world at all, you have probably heard of the ‘viral baked feta pasta’. I caved to the hype and made it. It’s absolutely delicious. The only changes I made were much less olive oil, no chili flakes (since the toddler was having it too) and I cooked some chicken chunks in a separate pan to add too (see: husband’s protein obsession)

@o0Firekeeper0o - must check this out!!! Going to go raid Instagram lol
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited February 2021
    Strozzapreti al nero de seppia. (Squid ink)

I didn’t realize I made “priest stranglers” on Ash Wednesday. 😬

“Strozza” means to choke or strangle, “preti” means priests. There are multiple legends about the etymology of the pasta’s name. If anyone knows the origin- let me know!

Side note- We don’t eat so much pasta, but this is one of my favs. (My husband’s grandfather from Rome, came back from WW2 in Italy (Italian Royal Army) and had had enough of maccheroni at the front. (Soldiers rations)

It was a source of pride that he could put meat on the table after the war years...so, pasta was rare and it’s continued that way in the family. But squid ink was one of the ones he occasionally enjoyed. 😉)

Finding squid ink and not cuttlefish ink was interesting! But it came out pretty good.

zuvkosyccn8o.jpeg

I looked it up because I've always wondered too. It comes from the Romanolo region of Italy. The story says that during the rule of the Ponteficio (Vatican) all the eggs were rationed and impounded. Since the pasta of that region was traditionally hand made with egg, people started to make pasta with flour and water. All the while wishing the priests would "strangle" eating copious amounts of pasta.

Good on you for making it with squid ink "nero di seppia". I've never tasted it--the color puts me off.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Strozzapreti al nero de seppia. (Squid ink)

I didn’t realize I made “priest stranglers” on Ash Wednesday. 😬

“Strozza” means to choke or strangle, “preti” means priests. There are multiple legends about the etymology of the pasta’s name. If anyone knows the origin- let me know!

Side note- We don’t eat so much pasta, but this is one of my favs. (My husband’s grandfather from Rome, came back from WW2 in Italy (Italian Royal Army) and had had enough of maccheroni at the front. (Soldiers rations)

It was a source of pride that he could put meat on the table after the war years...so, pasta was rare and it’s continued that way in the family. But squid ink was one of the ones he occasionally enjoyed. 😉)

Finding squid ink and not cuttlefish ink was interesting! But it came out pretty good.

zuvkosyccn8o.jpeg

I looked it up because I've always wondered too. It comes from the Romanolo region of Italy. The story says that during the rule of the Ponteficio (Vatican) all the eggs were rationed and impounded. Since the pasta of that region was traditionally hand made with egg, people started to make pasta with flour and water. All the while wishing the priests would "strangle" eating copious amounts of pasta.

Good on you for making it with squid ink "nero di seppia". I've never tasted it--the color puts me off.

@snowflake954 - interesting!!!
    It does kind of look like licorice doesn’t it? Lol
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    If you taste the pasta nero di seppia , you will never ever want to eat another one, they are the best, so dont judge upon appearance
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Miso Ramen soup w/pork and mushrooms (shiitake & bunashimeji)

di60h4o96de4.jpg

THAT is a bowl of heaven on earth. Wow! I want that so bad.