What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Celery is not even food. It is only good for spooning peanut butter into your mouth.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    6lajdtpr8kpk.png
    n79zykj8tezr.png

extreme cookies and desserts like this are an abomination

I agree, I don't even think they look good. Too much going on. I would much rather have each thing individually.

Same!

Dibs on the green m&ms!

• jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Fried food is disgusting 😬
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,365 Member
    33gail33 wrote: »
    Celery is not even food. It is only good for spooning peanut butter into your mouth.

Or Buffalo chicken dip. It shovels that fantastically
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member

Oh, I like in in a tuna salad.
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    edited February 2021
    Here's one for the day that's in it:

I prefer thick American style pancakes. (this is unpopular in Ireland.) Our thin ones just aren't as good and they burn more easily!

Happy Pancake Tuesday everyone! 😁🎉🥞😍
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    i don't think "traditional" fruits like apples, oranges and bananas are as "healthy" as everyone thinks... compared to other foods they are actually pretty high in sugar and calories and pretty nutrient poor.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    I really do not like most fruits. with the exception of stone fruit and berries

I have to agree Ido not eat much regular fruit. I love Meyer lemons, dred figs, and soft dried persimmons, dried thick papaya ( one they do not make anymore though). Dried pears, apple chips and dried chili mango. All stuff dried lol
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I really do not like most fruits. with the exception of stone fruit and berries

I have to agree Ido not eat much regular fruit. I love Meyer lemons, dred figs, and soft dried persimmons, dried thick papaya ( one they do not make anymore though). Dried pears, apple chips and dried chili mango. All stuff dried lol

I rarely eat fruit too...however, I have lemons everyday. Dried figs/dates/prunes are a only a treat from time to time. However, I bought a grapefruit the other day...minded me that I do quite like them.

Berries (blackberries/raspberries in particular) are good - just not a frequent thing for me.

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited February 2021
    i don't think "traditional" fruits like apples, oranges and bananas are as "healthy" as everyone thinks... compared to other foods they are actually pretty high in sugar and calories and pretty nutrient poor.

I think bananas are overrated taste-wise (I especially don't like them in smoothies), but I disagree. They have good amt of nutrients and are pretty low cal normally. I eat tons of stone fruit in the summer and frozen berries and clementines in the winter plus pears and apples when they look good, and they've never hurt me on Cronometer.

Granted, I don't get the obsession with sugar being somehow bad bad super bad in all cases.

Fruit is my main dessert.
  • lemurcat2

I don't like celery and nut butter. I like both separately.

I love the taste of celery (I made a great celery root soup recently) as well as the crunch of it, and think it is great in most dips I would otherwise like (inc baba ghanoush). But to follow up on your post, I am a fan of homemade buffalo chicken salad, which involves shredded chicken with some kind of buffalo sauce (homemade or Franks both work fine), and as a lazy person I like to do shredded chicken in the instant pot, and then a salad with lots of carrots, crunchy chopped celery, and then whatever else one wants (obv some kind of lettuce, I like to mix spinach and romaine, plus cucumbers and grape tomatoes work well for me). I add blue cheese, usually.
  • lemurcat2
    edited February 2021
    Here's one for the day that's in it:

I prefer thick American style pancakes. (this is unpopular in Ireland.) Our thin ones just aren't as good and they burn more easily!

Happy Pancake Tuesday everyone! 😁🎉🥞😍

I'm American, so this isn't likely unpopular, but I prefer American style pancakes too, at least if compared to, say, crepes, if that is like what you mean.

On the date, here in Chicago it's normally Paczki Tuesday (basically filled donuts, a Polish thing). But it's something we usually have at work (one of the legal assistants is Polish and her family owns a bakery, so...) and my office is still officially closed bc of covid, and I don't like them enough to buy a bunch, as tons of local bakeries were accepting orders/promoting them, plus don't need multiple donuts. I thought I might pick one up today from a local place I could walk to (lots of places sell them individually today, but we were dumped with lots of snow so it would have been tough given the state of the sidewalks. So I had this weird stressy reaction about whether I should find something sweet to have or make gumbo or something to mark the occasion and then realized I had leftover pizza I needed to finish anyway. That was my silly Fat Tuesday.

Although the same concept, of course, Pancake Tuesday isn't really a thing here to my knowledge, although I could have made french toast and kind of wish I'd thought of it.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,365 Member
    ejbronte wrote: »

Oh, I like in in a tuna salad.

That too. I love to crunch up Tuna salad with celery, onion and cucumber diced up
  • pancakerunner
    uuq1p8ekga1q.png
    salads like this do not appeal to me
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    uuq1p8ekga1q.png
    salads like this do not appeal to me

I hate fruit on my salad.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^those types salads that are sold in chain-type restaurants taste awful too - the quality of the ingredients used is usually subpar and never look like the picture (in my experience anyways)
  • pancakerunner
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ^those types salads that are sold in chain-type restaurants taste awful too - the quality of the ingredients used is usually subpar and never look like the picture (in my experience anyways)

Lol yes! The lettuce is always slimy and the chicken or meat is... questionable.
  • pancakerunner
    baked potato > french fries > mashed
  • lemurcat2
    Roasted potatoes (chopped skin on, tossed with olive oil + salt (or roasted with a chicken to absorb some of the rendered fat) and maybe garlic or rosemary > mashed > baked (I'm just not as fond of russet potatoes > chips.

Where fries fit depend on the fries (as they vary a lot) and whether I'm in the mood for them.

The only kind of potato I have regularly are the roasted ones or ones in soup or stew.

Also, for some reason lately: turnips>celeriac>potatoes>sweet potatoes. I've been subbing turnips when I might otherwise use potatoes.