FightCamp

Has anyone purchased FightCamp products or subsribed to their app? I have been taking a 10 week kickboxing class and really enjoy it. Unfortunately, the class times and my work schedule don't mesh. So this along with the cost of going full time at this gym has made me start looking for what could be available for me to do at home. I'm curious if the FightCamp products and classes are good quality (and worth the price) and any other thoughts you might have. Thank you!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    edited February 2021
    Haven't done FightCamp, but it looks somewhat structured (I'm a Kickboxing instructor). I have my own stand up bag at home (Century Wavemaster XXL) and workout on it quite a bit at home. I also have a round timer clock (it has ability to set personal round times). I usually go 3 minutes per round. What's the cost for FightCamp?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    The equipment is $1219 for free-standing bag, heavy workout mat, quick wraps, boxing gloves, and punch trackers. After that, it is $39/month for the membership with access to online classes.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited February 2021
    First rule of FightCamp is you don't talk about FightCamp. [/joke]

Looking through their website, for anyone else curious - in addition to buying their equipment, you need a $39/mo membership to access the actual workouts, which works out to a bit under $500 per year. Assuming you don't have boxing gloves and a bag already, you're looking at about $1200 for that equipment (if you get the standard one-person pack, there's also a family pack with more gloves), so that's $1700 for your first year and $500/year thereafter, assuming their prices don't change over time. A person's finances are their business, of course, so if this is something you're interested in and can afford, go for it, I guess.

Edit to add: There's an app (of course) that the motion trackers sync with to count your punches, currently only available for iOS. If you're Android scum like me, you're SOL for now.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    First rule of FightCamp is you don't talk about FightCamp.

This made me laugh because on my original post I kept typing Fight Club and had to keep fixing it to Camp.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    edited February 2021
    The equipment is $1219 for free-standing bag, heavy workout mat, quick wraps, boxing gloves, and punch trackers. After that, it is $39/month for the membership with access to online classes.
    Can you just get the program? A bag is under $300, and gloves like $50 max for a decent pair. Not sure about the trackers. I mean personally, unless you're looking to beat your punching/kicking stats each workout, I don't think they matter. And if it's checking your cardio rate, that can be done on fitness watch (I have a Fitbit to check mine).
    Overall, I think it's pricey, but it's always going to be up to the user. You can actually find good YOUTUBE kickboxing workouts for free. You just need the bag and gloves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LU0OYmWzBI

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png