What foods are just not worth the # of calories?

Replies

• sailor789
    sailor789 Posts: 33 Member
    almond butter - it's just gross
    white pasta - i just prefer cauliflower, or chickpea, or lentil pastas - they have same texture and far more nutrients
    regular bread - i just don't each much bread anymore, but if i do, my favorite is alpine valley super grains with seeds that i can only find at sam's, so i buy like 6 loaves and freeze them, only 80cals per slice, and so good
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    xxpgu22wxk8s.png
    like this kind of sandwich

Ohhhh omg yes totally agree!!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    xxpgu22wxk8s.png
    like this kind of sandwich

Ohhhh omg yes totally agree!!

Like this sandwich is probably over 500 calories of bread ahaha
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Argh. Most everything I ate yesterday which was way over the top. :/ Back to it today.
  • pancakerunner
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Argh. Most everything I ate yesterday which was way over the top. :/ Back to it today.

And what did you have, may I ask??? Did you ENJOY it though???
  • pancakerunner
    i think seafood cooked in an unnecessary amount of butter (think salmon, mussels, shrimp, etc) is a total waste
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Agreed, it really doesn't need much fat for cooking.

My exception is skate in brown butter, which I think is amazing.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    I regrettably have to place sweet potatoes in this category. I love them, but they really don't satiate me as well as for example pumpkin or potato, so I blow my calories if I want to eat till I feel full.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2021
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

And what did you have, may I ask??? Did you ENJOY it though???

Nothing really. Just everyday foods that I have been able to regulate at a normal level(bread and pb, eating dh's cookies he takes in his lunches which I've been staying away from, etc.) but for some reason I couldn't that day. :( But thankfully, it was that one day and back to logging in calories. :)
    And no enjoyment whatsoever came from it. That's the worse part; it wasn't worth the calorie glut at all. :) And my stomach felt terrible all night. Smart stomach, stupid brain. :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    The two tiny, unsatisfying bite sized squares of cornbread I ate last night and then learned they came to 208 calories.

• pancakerunner
    sugar in coffee.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    i think seafood cooked in an unnecessary amount of butter (think salmon, mussels, shrimp, etc) is a total waste

More ways than one.
    Lots of unneeded calories in the butter
    The real taste of the fish gets hidden, so if it’s good, don’t drown it in anything.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    sugar in coffee.

I'll go a step further and say creamer in coffee. I am finishing up some nut pods but they aren't worth the taste to waste the calories on them.

Not saying I won't crush a calorie laden Frappuccino but good quality coffee just doesn't need the coffee or sugar
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    French Fries. No. Just no.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Acocados.

Too expensive, too many cals and too perishable.

I'll eat them if they are included in a dish but I refuse 2 buy them useless I can get them really cheap and can eat them all right away.

Put them in the fridge when they are ripe and they will last much longer. You're welcome.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Soggy french fries. Blech.

But, crispy, seasoned ones are totally worth it for me.
  • pancakerunner
    Soggy french fries. Blech.

But, crispy, seasoned ones are totally worth it for me.

crispy with ranch... yes. totally worth it
  • Izactoknife
    Izactoknife Posts: 8 Member
    Sour cream is some thing I no longer buy cause the calories wasn't worth it
  • pancakerunner
    Izaco wrote: »
    Sour cream is some thing I no longer buy cause the calories wasn't worth it

Oooo.. sour cream is one thing that i MAKE room for. love it
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    kali31337 wrote: »
    sugar in coffee.

I'll go a step further and say creamer in coffee. I am finishing up some nut pods but they aren't worth the taste to waste the calories on them.

Not saying I won't crush a calorie laden Frappuccino but good quality coffee just doesn't need the coffee or sugar

100% agree. I drink my coffee black; cream and sugar calories aren't invited to my party. Just that glorious caffeine buzz..