One year, 6 months. 230 to 165 and getting leaner.

hrickard11
hrickard11 Posts: 4 Member
4saopp04yoio.jpeg

Above is a before and after. The left is from January of 2018. The right is June 2019.

I went from 230 lbs to around 165 lbs give or take. I have actually stayed the same weight since February of this year but there is a massive difference even then and now. That picture is below:

pcgvwn3lb0wf.jpeg

In order to lose the 65 lbs I focused on a low carb diet and fasted along the way. My main exercise was running on a track or outside. I started on a treadmill/elliptical but those things can hurt your feet and you get tired of them after awhile.

For the last 6 months I have been hitting the weights hard. That is my main focus now. I want to get big, lean, and strong!

I was always the one who said I would lose weight but never took the next step. After a couple of weeks of forcing myself to get on track, it just became my normal routine.

My brain flipped a switch that would trigger if I did NOT workout, so that helped me. I always kept telling myself to stay focused and with time, change will come.

I’m not where I want to be, but I am at a point where I feel like I have achieved some of my goals. This app has been a major part of my success.

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Congratulations on your success! Well done!
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    Awesome!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Looking good!
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2019
    Wow that’s fantastic - congratulations!
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Congratulations. Great achievement. Keep going.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    U did really well man! U saying u achieved some of ur goals but honestly u achieved alot, i hope u reach ur goal soon =)
  • sweetpickle1004
    sweetpickle1004 Posts: 35 Member
    Amazing transformation!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Awesome job! Look at those abs!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • 963Nitro
    963Nitro Posts: 82 Member
    Awesome and inspiring work! How tall are you?
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Congratulations, wonderful transformation. So inspiring!
  • mroper295
    mroper295 Posts: 11 Member
    Amazing and inspiring!

I'm living your life in reverse but hoping to turn back time. Swim team in high school helped me stay at 165 lbs, lean and muscular. The intervening 20 years of college and a desk job have given me my Dad-bod where I topped out at 225 lbs. I'm down to 210 lbs in a few months and looking forward to continuing the journey back to where you are.

Thank you for posting your pictures and helping me realize it's going to take time but it will be worth it in the end.
  • hrickard11
    963Nitro wrote: »
    Awesome and inspiring work! How tall are you?

About 5’11
  • hrickard11
    Congratulations, wonderful transformation. So inspiring!

Thank you!
    mroper295 wrote: »
    Amazing and inspiring!

I'm living your life in reverse but hoping to turn back time. Swim team in high school helped me stay at 165 lbs, lean and muscular. The intervening 20 years of college and a desk job have given me my Dad-bod where I topped out at 225 lbs. I'm down to 210 lbs in a few months and looking forward to continuing the journey back to where you are.

Thank you for posting your pictures and helping me realize it's going to take time but it will be worth it in the end.

Yes, I think if you ever have doubt about something working or not, the best motivation is looking at your before and after. It is crazy how all of the small changes add up over time.

You got this!

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    <3
  • bamarshall02
    bamarshall02 Posts: 13 Member
    Big transformation, you should be proud! Inspirational.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Good job dude! I plan to hit 165lbs by the end of the year. I started at 218 and now hovering at 180lbs. 15 more and it's usually the hardest for me because my metabolic rate isn't like it was in my 20's and even then to get really lean, I had to be really aware of eating habits. More so now than ever.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Amazing transformation. Very well done. :)
  • Awesome transformation. Congratulations!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    This is very inspiring! You have accomplished what most people just dream of
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!