Diet and work-out marketing - so much nonsense out there

Lietchi
Lietchi Posts: 6,033 Member
edited February 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone else get pissed off at diet/work-out marketing?

My BF works out based on Athlean-X videos, so I thought I'd check out their work-outs myself and I ended up going through their 'program selector'.
At a certain point, it asks "man or woman" and then proceeds to ask me if I'm interested in a program designed specifically for women? Against my better judgment (I'm allergic to workouts aimed at women :p ) I clicked on the link.

This is what greets me:

soin55w9k2su.png
39w4lhye030x.png

Hm, yeah, not a good start.
But wait, it gets worse...

c3wvc5wfiuoq.png

It's a miracle I've lost 56 lbs apparently, based on these two 'facts' :o

So now my blood pressure is up and I still don't have a proper work-out program :D

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    They tell people what they want to hear in order to make money.
    People want to hear that there's a SUPER-EASY, minimal-effort way to lose weight.

Although you got me curious...what is "nutrient fusion"? I mean, if it's "scientifically backed", it must be good, right? :D
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    Oh my word... that last point in particular is such a myth 😡 I literally lost weight when I stopped forcing myself to eat breakfast
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,033 Member

Although you got me curious...what is "nutrient fusion"? I mean, if it's "scientifically backed", it must be good, right? :D

Yeah, I was curious too, but 'surprisingly' not many details are given regarding the scientific basis of this nutrient fusion or what it even is :D
  • ajlmfp22
    ajlmfp22 Posts: 54 Member
    edited February 2021
    Wow. I think I hate this more than those "Trainers Hate Him" memes lmao

urbc43z6ug6y.png
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    You especially gotta love the specific admonishments NOT to do the one thing that is guaranteed to work if done properly. That's how they getcha, sort of like how all of Cosmo's sex and dating tips are terrible and virtually designed to keep you single, so you keep buying Cosmo to figure out what you're doing wrong.