Welcome New Members!

Replies

• Tatmanblues
    Tatmanblues Posts: 12 Member
    Back on the app after a long rest period, even longer on fitness. Starting a new fitness guided career and need to be at my best, its just logic, ya know? I am looking to plug into accountability partners and lock into a tight smaller group of like minds. If your serious about your health and body , let's toss ideas around.......
  • vivianwang42699
    vivianwang42699 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Everyone! This is Ziwei Wang, new to myFitnessPal. I'm a student in GATech and studying this website right now. Please let me know if anybody would like to talk about their experience on this site:)
  • jillroy81
    jillroy81 Posts: 11 Member
    Back on the app after a long rest period, even longer on fitness. Starting a new fitness guided career and need to be at my best, its just logic, ya know? I am looking to plug into accountability partners and lock into a tight smaller group of like minds. If your serious about your health and body , let's toss ideas around.......

I love the idea of smaller groups the community is really hard to navigate and no one ever really responds back to anything.
  • adamg9090
    adamg9090 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone, been on mfp since jan but only recently found the community area.

First time in my life of tracking what i eat (and a massive eye opener it has been!) this after years of being told that what i fill my face with would catch up with me when i get older....turns out its true haha damn you metabolism (excuses i know) 🙄

So far so good though and combined with exercise i have managed to shed over 7kg in a little over 4 weeks, which im super proud of and also a little surprised at too.

Genuinely excited to progress more and to reap the benefits of choosing a healthier lifestlye.

Feel free to add me as a friend, i can be someone to lean on, kick up the backside... im versatile 🤷😅 best of wishes to everyone going for their own goals ✌️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,881 Member
    Welcome Everyone ...wishing you all much success on your journey
  • eireamerican
    eireamerican Posts: 3 Member
    New member here. Trying to get motivated to workout and eat right. Lots of life stresses at the moment so it makes it difficult. Any tips for getting the energy to get started, I'm all ears! Hopefully being a part of this community will help.
  • JaGaRumama
    JaGaRumama Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone, I'm a new premium member, I was on the app several years ago, but never really took it seriously. I've hit 50 and wow, time moves quicker but my body not so much any more. I want to get back in shape for health reasons and would like to be supported and support other in their journey.

Question, can anyone share some wisdom on what is better to track? Carbs or calories? I was on a low carb diet and lost 20lbs, but the agency I was with is way to expensive and not very supportive. Now I'm going to try and do it more on my own and through this platform.
  • JSLuke59
    JSLuke59 Posts: 65 Member
    Calories.
    When you are in a caloric deficit you’ll lose weight. Here is a link to a calorie calculator to help you try to find your range.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/calorie-calculator/itt-20402304
    I’ll send you a friend request to help motivate you along the way.
    Good luck!
  • Fahad_Gillani
    Fahad_Gillani Posts: 2 Member
    Alex wrote: »
    Hello and welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community!

We have an enormous community of MyFitnessPal members who you can connect with, get tips from, and share experiences. Many of our users have had impressive success and have a lot of experience and wisdom to share.

We'd love you to say hello and introduce yourself. You should also check out our member's amazing success stories.

Stop by our 2020 Welcome Noobs Discussion to meet other folks who are new to the community.

We care deeply about having a community that is a safe and supportive place for our members. Please help us out by reviewing our Community Guidelines.

Community Guidelines

Forum Resources: Hope to see you in our community!

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

• Fahad_Gillani
    Fahad_Gillani Posts: 2 Member
    hey ppl, let's become friends I am new to this and would love to get some motivation from your side ... suggest and help me in reaching a slim, trip impressive outlook goal
  • bikergurl05
    bikergurl05 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello everyone, I was very active on here 2 years ago (2019) but lost my fitbit and access to a home computer and totally fell off my accountability or logging....I have lost a few lbs but not close to the weight I want to be so I started a different eating routine work out routine on Feb 1 and decided to try and get back on here because i do want to track what im eating and when and do like the support - please feel free to reach out and or msg me anytime.
  • Djlfcfkjg
    Djlfcfkjg Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I want to lose 20 pounds. So if anyone has an idea how to lose weight can advise me.
  • tinabir80
    tinabir80 Posts: 1 Member
    I've been hhere a while with stops and starts. I decided to get a mini bike this year and try starting over and the virus really scared me since I'm high risk. I now have a smart watch and S health by Samsung linked to MFP and haven't lost much weight yet but am seeing small changes and feeling encouraged.
  • I'm loving this app! I've never calorie counted before but this seems to be working. Also its great how I can put in all the daily training and exercise 💪
  • SwissengineNz
    SwissengineNz Posts: 23 Member
    Hi, I am back after 6 years. I would like to lose 7Kg (15 pounds). During the lockdowns I eat too much :-) So if anybody likes to support me, add me. Btw I like boxing and do it 3-5 times a week.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Hi, I am back after 6 years. I would like to lose 7Kg (15 pounds). During the lockdowns I eat too much :-) So if anybody likes to support me, add me. Btw I like boxing and do it 3-5 times a week.

Its great to see you back.. Welcome :)
  • mbrannaman1156
    mbrannaman1156 Posts: 2 Member
    Cool
  • mkbabydolly99
    mkbabydolly99 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am a new member. I am hoping that this app will help me to reach my goal. I have finally made the decision to do this and make some positive changes in my life. Good luck to everyone on here, and I wish you all success in this journey!
  • mcmahansheilaw
    mcmahansheilaw Posts: 7 Member
    Hello all! I am working toward a healthier lifestyle through better food choices and more defined exercise. Though I walked consistently (5 - 7 days a week/averaging 2.5 miles daily) throughout 2020 I did not lose weight. Determined to lose weight in 2021! May we all end 2021 in better health.
  • JSLuke59
    JSLuke59 Posts: 65 Member
    Hello everyone, I would like to gain muscle mass, where do I start :)

Not knowing your current fitness status I would suggest checking this out:
    https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a35189915/beginner-workout-full-body-athlean-x/

If you want you can also send me a friend request. I’m not a trainer but I am an avid lifter who prefers to learn how to properly perform exercises to avoid injury.