Insanity 2021!

Replies

• katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    edited February 2021
    Day 35 - Rest Day ๐Ÿ˜… Defo taking the rest day today to recharge. My legs and triceps need it ๐Ÿ”ฅLots to catch up on today so it'll be a busy day but no pulses during housework and cooking ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚ Have a great Saturday!
  • katylockett
    Oh jeez, another rest day today ๐Ÿ˜ด I'm lucky if I got three hours sleep last night ๐Ÿ˜• I want be charged for my fit test and first day on month two, so I'm going to not pressure myself to do it today - it's bugging me already ๐Ÿคฃ
    Happy valentines day folks, I hope you all get spoilt โค๏ธ
  • katylockett
    Day 36 part one: Fitness test. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    Switch kicks: 86 (+3 on last test & +22 on 1st test).
    Power jacks: 58 (+6 on last test & +10 on 1st).
    Power knees: 96 (+2 on last test & +19 on 1st).
    Power jumps: 31 (same as last test, +8 on 1st.
    Globe jumps: 10 (same as last test, +3 on 1st).
    Suicide jumps: 15 (+2 on last & +5 on 1st).
    Push-up Jacks: 22 (+2 on last & +12 on 1st).
    Plank oblique: 56 (same as last test, +12 on 1st).

Another great result and unbelievable, I'm still making progress ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ช I have to do part two - my 1st max workout, midshift later today, so I'll be posting again later but for now running out the door to work. Happy Monday!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Happy Monday! Well done on your improvements, and especially on your stayed-the-sames. That meant you gave it your all last time, and probably you're doing them with better form this time. ๐Ÿ™‚
  • katylockett
    Happy Monday! Well done on your improvements, and especially on your stayed-the-sames. That meant you gave it your all last time, and probably you're doing them with better form this time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks @skinnyrev2b I was giving it my all ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ”ฅ
  • katylockett
    Day 36 part two: Max Interval Circuit. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    Well omg ๐Ÿ˜ณ I have to admit that by the end of this circuit I could barely remember what I just did ๐Ÿคฃ so I had to rewind to review so I could post ๐Ÿ™ˆ
    This IS a workout, jeez! I was very focused on form as these are new moves to me. I took a lot of the moves slower and I modified a couple (detailed below).
    I'm really looking forward to my endurance getting better on this routine. A few specific moves that I'm looking forward to improving on in the circuits are:
    1st circuit: The floor work ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ski abs / jacks / in & outs / oblique. Wow ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    2nd circuit: Hooks and jumps - I did power jumps instead of these tuck jumps, just because I have been doing power jumps (wider legs) and thought there was less chance of injury. I'm sure as I get stronger I'll move onto tuck jumps but for now I'm playing safe.
    3rd circuit: Getting quicker at side suicide jumps - I took this move really slowly. And finally the full body drills ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    Well first day of Max done ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ and my thoughts immediately move onto 'what will tomorrow bring' ๐Ÿคฃ
  • katylockett
    Day 37: Max Interval Plyo. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    ARGH level 3 drills!! I managed the first 16 push ups in each of the sets only - looking forward to conquering this!
    Diamond jumps are fun ๐Ÿ’Ž I really enjoyed this workout (๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜‚ you know what I mean!).
    Lots to improve on in the circuit but looking forward to the progress!
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    ARGH level 3 drills!! I managed the first 16 push ups in each of the sets only - looking forward to conquering this!
    Diamond jumps are fun ๐Ÿ’Ž I really enjoyed this workout (๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜‚ you know what I mean!).

good luck, month 2 absolutely killed me!!
  • katylockett

๐Ÿ˜‚ Thanks @thisvickyruns I think I'm going to need it ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    One day at a time is my mantra for this month!
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member

๐Ÿ˜‚ Thanks @thisvickyruns I think I'm going to need it ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    One day at a time is my mantra for this month!

you can do it!!!!
  • katylockett
    Day 38: Max Cardio Conditioning. Done ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ’ช
    Wow this was tough! I did every move though (albeit not a pace with every one else ๐Ÿ™ˆ) and only the floor work (as per) got the better of me ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜–I really enjoy the swinging jumping moves - diamond jumps, those leg swing jump moves ๐Ÿคฃ it's nice to have momentum help!
    I'm looking forward to the recovery workout tomorrow, but I have a suspicion that Max recovery may not be as nice as the month one recovery routine ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚ time will tell!
  • katylockett
    Day 39: Max Recovery. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    Oh this is the first routine Ive felt disappointed and frustrated ๐Ÿ˜• I was really struggling to keep up (it was so quick moving through the first moves) and I was also really struggling do a lot of the floor work - trying to turn around in my head by thinking of the progress I can make on this one. Jeez those side holds ๐Ÿ˜ณ and so many push ups ๐Ÿ˜ต on the plus, I managed all of the leg and ab moves ๐Ÿ”ฅ
    Another day down ๐Ÿ‘ I have this one in my sights to do loads better next week!
  • skinnyrev2b
    You've smashed so.many of the others, it's to be expected that occasionally you'll have an off day. Don't let it faze you. You'll ace it next time. ๐Ÿ™‚
  • katylockett
    edited February 2021
    You've smashed so.many of the others, it's to be expected that occasionally you'll have an off day. Don't let it faze you. You'll ace it next time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks @skinnyrev2b yeah the recovery one is defo a work in progress, I need to up my push up game! I will really need to focus on this next week ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ’ช I will conquer it!!
  • katylockett
    edited February 2021
    Day 40: Max Interval Circuit. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    Omg I was an absolute mess after this earlier this morning ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘ hence the late post - I was running so late for work after trying to recover ๐Ÿ˜…
    I had a naughty night of eats last night so this mornings workout was powered by popcorn and profiteroles ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคค But I smashed it! I felt like I was able to push through so many of the circuits today ๐Ÿ’ช I think I was mindful of burning off last night indulgences - it's been a stressful week, it was nice to enjoy a couple of cravings and not feel guilty because I know I was back on it today ๐Ÿ’ฅ Day 40 done, wow! I think this circuit will be a favourite, I really enjoyed feeling bad as# on the punches and jumps ๐Ÿ˜‚ Soooo glad it's Friday and looking forward to getting a rest this weekend! Happy Friday everyone!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Ha ha! Awesome! I've heard others say an overindulgence the previous night actually leads to killer workout results the next day!
  • Wow I think I need to do one of these workpur videos l. How are you enjoying it so far? Have you seen results since starting?
  • katylockett
    Wow I think I need to do one of these workpur videos l. How are you enjoying it so far? Have you seen results since starting?

Hi @DrMamacitaMD2022 ๐Ÿ˜Š
    I would highly recommend the insanity program! I'll not lie, it is very tough and there are more days than not that I could see it far enough ๐Ÿคฃ but if you commit to pressing play even on 'those' days you'll reep the benefits! I feel so much fitter, healthier and happier.
    I have lost weight, but you have to concentrate on your deficits and be patient, it happens but more than weight loss, my body shape has changed - everything tightens, my tummy, arms, thighs have lost crazy inches. You'll not be disappointed if you are committed, eating as healthy as you can (I've had days where I've indulged but got back on it and not distroyed my hard work just because of one meal, snack or bad day) and just press play. Posting on MFP has been keeping me accountable and other members advice and comments have really spurred me on - thanks guys โค๏ธ Good luck with it and remember to dig deeper ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค—
  • katylockett
    Day 41: Max Interval Plyo. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    Oh I was tired today BUT I pressed play! I gave my all and I targeted those dreaded level three drills ๐Ÿ˜ฌ My strategy was to think as I was doing the push ups 'I LOVE push ups' ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™ˆ It worked! I managed all the first 16 sets and then ten of each of the second sets ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘ I even managed more of the side push ups. A very successful workout (even without the profiteroles ๐Ÿคฃ) and I'm very glad I got it done! Have a great Saturday everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • skinnyrev2b
    Well done Katylockett :)
    Truly inspirational - honestly... - twas doing a resistance band wo yesterday and caught myself as I got tempted to slow down thinking "no. What have you been saying to, and seeing of, Katy's efforts. You should do the same!