Weight No More - February 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @debbiewsharpe

I don't know what collards are(guessing a vegetable of some sort) but your meal sounds delicious.

8 below sure is cold. The next day was 8 above. Today it's 21 degrees and Tuesday is supposed to be 40. What a heat wave.😉

Thanks. My back is what hurts the most bug hopefully with working with my trainer will help. He's not a physical therapist but he knows a lot about exercise science and ways the body works.
  • tryingagain5
    @callsitlikeiseeit

Oh, good glad you made it through and that the temperature is above freezing.
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Hi ALL

I’ve been a little MIA but I’ll be more active going forward! I haven’t been posting but I’ve still been keeping track.

This month has been a bit of a roller coaster. Here’s an update

February 5: 148.3
    February 12:149.03
    February 19: 149.2

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Maintenance weight 136.4

Total steps 38924
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 3
    Pw- 160.3
    Cw- 160

• debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member
    @ljdanny –looks like you are staying pretty steady with the weight. I know we all like to see the numbers go down, hang in there a new week ahead.

@lennoncpa – I can’t even imagine how taxing tax season is (pun intended). Your weight looks pretty steady but the direction will change. Don’t be frustrated, just move forward. You can do it. I also like the accountability of weighing in each week as well. It kind of keeps me thinking and this is all such a mind game to me.

@podpersone – great that the scales are moving in the right direction. Glad the hair cut turned out well.

@sleepymon5 – so sorry to hear about the fall and pray that you are not injured. Take it easy and heal.
    @tryingagain5 – collards are a leafy green vegetable that we boil until tender then chop up. In the south usually seasoned with a piece of ham or some bacon grease. I add a little sugar as well and of course salt and pepper. Low in calories and so good.

@bumpbreaker – I am also doing the roller coaster ride. We can do this!

@brown6267 – good weigh in and step totals.

@Zumba_luvah – always good to see a loss, congrats.
    Weekend-Motivation-Quotes.jpg
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Friday
    Food-not good, have to get back to logging consistently
    Water-good
    Exercise-ended up resting

Good news-it doesn't appear like I really injured anything during my fall. I rested yesterday and by the evening I felt a lot better. Today I am still a little sore but I can still exercise and move without pain so I will workout today. Tomorrow my son is coming over to make sauce and meatballs. He wants to learn the recipe my family uses. Strange request, those who know me here know that I am not really a cook Lol! Thankfully a while back my brother wrote the recipe down. He actually took time to measure things out because there was no written recipe. I was able to find the recipe and emailed it to my daughter to laminate. This was what my son wanted for his birthday. I bought him a big pot and put spices, bread crumbs and olive oil in it as a gift. I also am going to buy all the ingredients to use tomorrow. Sounds like it is more of a gift for me because I get to spend a day with him :)

Now I have to run out and buy the ingredients, this snow put me so behind with everything. It is still icy here and not warming up so Jim offered to drive and I am going to let him. Hope everyone has a nice weekend :)

@lennoncpa I think eating is the hardest part! For me at least. You actually have been good with cutting out sugary treats. Hang in there with tax season. It is tough to take care of yourself when you are so busy. Sending hugs!
    @pacsnc6 I am glad your power stayed on at least. Hope the weather warms up soon! xo
    @tryingagain5 I turned 55 in January so a bit older. I also didn't think I was old enough for all these problems but I agree with you, the weight isn't helping.
    @bumpbreakcar Hi! Looks like you are maintaining. Looking forward to hearing more from you! xo
    @Zumba_Luvah Going in the right direction!
    @debbiewsharpe I love that quote!! That is what I need! Lol!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW: 175.4
    CW 179.6
    Total loss 89 pounds

Step toast this week 81043 and I forgot to wear my Fitbit for a day and a half do this was a really good week for me even if it doesn’t show.

My weight is fluctuating and I ate a sleeve of club crackers last night. And I did not care. 😂. Anyway I did not gain 4 lbs this week. I’m not sure I was ever really at 175. I think I just weighed low. I have consistently been 177-178 most days aside from today: I don’t care which weight you use. It can be a big loss next week. 🤷‍♀️ I’m not losing anyway at the moment. Between building muscle and eating more I’m not going anywhere right now. And that’s ok I have time
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    @debbiewsharpe
    Thank you
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@sleepymom5 - eek, falling on the ice is never good - glad it doesn't seem to be too serious! (and yay for daughter's boyfriend being there lol, I remember a good few years ago I went flat on my butt on some ice while out and a random stranger had to help me up, uber embarrassing!!) Having a day cooking with your son sounds lovely, a gift for both of you :)

@lennoncpa - urgh, it's so hard to stick to an eating plan when you're busy and stressed! At least you're doing well with the exercise though - I seem to be the complete opposite this week, have the eating fairly under control for a change but soooo slacking on the exercise side.

@bumpbreakcar - I feel you, have been up and down like a yo-yo this whole year so far. We will get back on track!

@debbiewsharpe - thanks for the quote, is def one I need to listen to - I'm terrible for having a fairly good week and then letting it all go to pot when the weekend comes!

@kandi3570 - sounds like you have a great attitude going on at the moment, it does take time and building muscle/being healthier are often better goals to focus on than just a number on the scales x

So, I've been pretty good food-wise this week. Mostly stuck to my calories, keeping it fairly low carb, and have so far avoided both takeaways and binge snacking (which may be a minor miracle for me lol!). The exercise has not been as good, really need to get my *kitten* in gear.

The haircut isn't too bad - I'm still getting used to the length but I tidied it up a lot yesterday and at least it's not totally squint now! I was a little disappointed it didn't take another half pound off the scales though :D
    It's still pretty cold here, the snow has thankfully all cleared but there's a really nasty wind so haven't been outdoors much. I do miss getting a good walk in.
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 57 Member
    Sorry, I'm late.

BlueSkyNomad
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW: 214.7
    PW: 210.1
    CW: 211
    LTD: 3.6

Steps:

8582 13 Feb
    8009 14 Feb
    6844 15 Feb
    5381 16 Feb
    8650 17 Feb
    7077 18 Feb
    7291 19 Feb

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    kirsten11872
    Week:3
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:171.1
    Current weight:172.0
    +.9
  • tryingagain5
    @debbiewsharpe
    That sounds good. Next time I go to the store I'll have to remember to see if I can find them.
  • kos33
    kos33 Posts: 31 Member
    Kos33
    PW 170
    CW 170
  • xX_phoenixrising_Xx
    Weigh in week 4
    PW 244.7 (111.0 kg)
    CW 243.8 (110.6 kg)
    LTD 95.6 lbs (43.4 kg)
  • tryingagain5
    @sleepymom5
    Glad you didn't really hurt yourself too much in your fall. Have a great time with your son.

It is interesting how our bodies say we're older than we think we are.😁

I stand for 8 hours at work and my ankles swell too. I know the extra weight doesn't help that issue either. I know the extra weight causes these issues to be more problematic so you'd think I would be able to lose the weight to help with them.

When I was messaging back and forth with my doctor he said something about a surgeon wouldn't do a knee replacement on "someone of my young age". He told me a surgeon would recommend walking, other exercise and losing weight. I hadn't even thought about knee replacement but wonder if that is going to be in my future. Hopefully not.
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Hello team. I want to thank you so much for the support.

Thank you @minstrelofsarcasm for checking in on me. I was traveling a bit the week before then just as I landed at my new hotel, my plans went out the window. The Midwest weather left me scrambling to cover staff who lost power. All of my workouts, shopping for my healthy meals, gone. I did my best to stay as close to my plan as possible.

Now everyone is back online and catching up. I am back home in Boise and back on plan today. Unfortunately I had a lot of salt last night at dinner so the weigh in was a disappointment.

dbrinkmeyer

Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Week: 3
    PW (Previous Weight): 187.8
    CW (Current Weight): 189.1

Steps for week: 23,156

My workouts are paying off. DH tried to squeeze my rear at the grocery store and didn't accomplish very much. He said, "hey, it's getting like granite back here." LOL
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 188.3
    CW 188.3
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all.
    Weigh in for goingape
    Pw 144.6
    Cw 148
    Gain of 3.4

Hoping to get a downward trend starting soon. I’ve been doing better with my portions and eating more mindfully. Had a few lapses with evening eating. Boo!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    weigh in: 148.9 lbs
This discussion has been closed.