Anybody back.. again?!?

Ugh!! How do we end up on this endless cycle?! Going out to eat last night for my daughters birthday.. I realized I looked like I was 7 months, if not 8 months pregnant.. step on the scale.. 242.. umm what?! In September I started low carb at about 230 pounds.. got down to 205 by mid October.. and yes.. I know that getting off low carb will cause you to put weight back on.. but up to 242.. which brought me back to MFP.. and I’m not doing low carb now.. just trying to track macros and make healthier choices.. looks like I logged in for a week 4 months ago.. First time I logged into MFP.. was 8 maybe 9 years ago? Maybe 10? I dunno.. but here I am.. with a goal weight of 150.. and a major back injury and surgery that has left me disabled.. so exercise is so very limited.. I think I currently have a goal of 2 days a week for 15 minutes.. I have to change my step goal because there’s no way I can do 10k a day.. not yet. But I’m making it a goal. So if you’re anything like me.. and struggle with the motivation.. Feel free to comment! Or even add me. I signed up for the premium account in hopes that if I’m paying for it.. it will keep me more motivated. So here we go!! Day 1!

Replies

• robw1974
    robw1974 Posts: 19 Member
    Again? In the last 4-5 years i've had about 3-4 weight loss/gain cycles... The most recent one ended in October.. Currently about 240lbs (I was 230 in October).. My earlier efforts (also been here about ten+ years on and off, maybe not all with same account, also premium now for motivation) had recently gotten as low as 230 and at one point in the last decade I reached 170lbs or less (that was when i started around 260lbs). I take meds which put on weight so it's a constant effort, and sometimes i just burn out when it feels like I'm getting nowhere.. MFP Works for me when i can keep up the motivation (better than anything else i tried), just have to keep at it. My current real streak is about 2 days, but if anyone wants to add me, I'll accept. For the record though, i have mental health issues (currently stable for over a year)
  • thompsjared3
    thompsjared3 Posts: 25 Member
    Right here! 5th times the charm??? I don’t know about you guys but if it doesn’t stick I’m gonna have to replace all my clothes!! Perfect time to start again with things getting better with vaccines coming 💉
  • Nvr2L82BGr8
    Nvr2L82BGr8 Posts: 26 Member
    Here I am - back again too! Like most others here I too am on the vicious lose and gain cycle. Recently I had a knee replacement coupled with covid isolation and well you know the results..added pounds. I seriously want to lose 100 pounds and just feel good again. I am hoping to motivate and be motivated so if anyone wants to be supportive and be supported let’s connect! We all have a need which is why we are here trying again which is great because together we can do this!
  • CatholicCurtis
    CatholicCurtis Posts: 22 Member
    BabySnow wrote: »
    Ugh!! How do we end up on this endless cycle?! Going out to eat last night for my daughters birthday.. I realized I looked like I was 7 months, if not 8 months pregnant.. step on the scale.. 242.. umm what?! In September I started low carb at about 230 pounds.. got down to 205 by mid October.. and yes.. I know that getting off low carb will cause you to put weight back on.. but up to 242.. which brought me back to MFP.. and I’m not doing low carb now.. just trying to track macros and make healthier choices.. looks like I logged in for a week 4 months ago.. First time I logged into MFP.. was 8 maybe 9 years ago? Maybe 10? I dunno.. but here I am.. with a goal weight of 150.. and a major back injury and surgery that has left me disabled.. so exercise is so very limited.. I think I currently have a goal of 2 days a week for 15 minutes.. I have to change my step goal because there’s no way I can do 10k a day.. not yet. But I’m making it a goal. So if you’re anything like me.. and struggle with the motivation.. Feel free to comment! Or even add me. I signed up for the premium account in hopes that if I’m paying for it.. it will keep me more motivated. So here we go!! Day 1!

Yeah I've been here before but back again. Always been successful at just counting calories but, at some point, just fell back into bad food again.

Still working from home with my wife and always seemed a lot more doable when we're not driving around with temptation everywhere. Want to be where I was 20 years ago in my early 20s. Plan on reaching 180 again by, hopefully, the end of the year. I've lost 32 lbs from October-February already but just have to continue making the right choices. Anybody that reads this, feel free to send me a friend request. Have a great week.
  • sophielee3
    sophielee3 Posts: 9 Member
    Back....AGAIN! Up and down like a yo-yo...I have at least 70lb to lose and could do with some friends to keep me accountable because I'm useless! 😂 feel free to add me :)
  • eater_78
    eater_78 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm back again too. I lost almost 20kg in 2013 and managed to maintain for 6 years but then I let myself go a bit then lockdown happened and in January i suddenly (yeah right!) found myself 15kg too heavy. Now, ideally I'd like to lose 20 but I'm at my happiest at 74kg (yes, I know it's a lot for some but that is the top of my bmi range and weirdly enough I like myself best at this weight). Feel free to add me, I have to admit I like snooping around other people's diaries to see what delicious things they can eat and not feel bad about it. I love sweets and I'm not afraid to eat them!
  • Jims_1960
    Jims_1960 Posts: 11 Member
    Back again as well.
    Discipline during lockdown months awful so back to MFP I go.

Good luck to all returning.
  • chiddss
    chiddss Posts: 14 Member
    I'm starting afresh too. Trying to pick healthier options this time round rather than eating cr*p as long as it bought me under 1500kcal or whatever. Good luck all!
  • bjhart9
    bjhart9 Posts: 53 Member
    Back again! It’s a relentless pursuit as life changes must be? Glad I’m back been working at it again for about the last 10 months 55lbs down. Glad I came back with still work to do and more knowledge to obtain. One day at a time 💪🏼0od5b00x7eie.jpeg
  • Back again for the millionth time. I’ve never used the community part of the app before so maybe that will help.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Pretty much annual for me. If I don't lose Christmas pudge by mid February, I submit myself to the mfp overlord for a month or so, until it's gone. Only a few pounds to lose but I'm much more comfortable without them and they tend to stay off until December awakens my sweet tooth, again.
  • KatrinaVolkert
    KatrinaVolkert Posts: 1 Member
    I logged on today -- can't quite say "I'm back" yet, but I'm getting there. I am heavier than I have been in more than 15 years. It's easy to blame the pandemic, but I'd really have to admit that it's been far longer than that. I have a photo on my fridge with me at 2012 and me at 2020 and the difference is startling. and unpleasant. and scary. At 55 I am worried about becoming old and weak. If I keep this up, my retirement will be terrible. Now is the day, and I am almost ready for that day. Stupid, but I need to get my mind in the right place.
  • 1donner1
    1donner1 Posts: 23 Member
    Me, too...
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    I'm constantly on and off here, must be well over 10 years now. Trying again, again!
  • IWillBeSlim35
    IWillBeSlim35 Posts: 38 Member
    I’m here again too...be in and out for 7 years, in all honesty more out than in.
    I’m almost 10lb down but still have over 40lbs to lose.
    We WILL do this!
    Feel free to add me, everyone needs support, motivation and the occasional kick 😆
  • Witchywonder427
    Witchywonder427 Posts: 22 Member
    Yep, doing the same ol song and dance. Three years ago I got a on the healthy band wagon and dropped 101 pounds, felt great, was fit and loving life. Then two years ago my family's home burned to the ground and everything in it including our pets. Our home was an older mobile home and wasn't ever insurable, so we literally had to start from scratch. That threw me into such a deep depression. I had also started school a month before that happened, so I was completely consumed with my academic work. That combo made me pack on most of the weight I had previously lost. I'm done with school now, as I've earned 2 degrees and 2 certificates, and now have a small part time job. I've decided to take my health back and join the MFP family again, since it is what contributed to my loss of that 101 pounds a few years ago. I'm here to say, it's never too late to pick yourself back up and go at it again. You got this, we all got this 💪. We are seasoned pros!
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    I hear ya...I keep starting...again, and again, and again................and again.

Having some friends on here definately helps, and signing up for team like challenges helps keep me motivated. Good luck - feel free to add me as a friend!

Andrea
  • BabySnow
    BabySnow Posts: 17 Member
    Me girl 🙋‍♀️...I am back again too. No worries though we got this!!!

Sorry I’m just seeing these! I never got any notifications! But yes, we’ve totally got this.. again. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
  • BabySnow
    BabySnow Posts: 17 Member
    robw1974 wrote: »
    Again? In the last 4-5 years i've had about 3-4 weight loss/gain cycles... The most recent one ended in October.. Currently about 240lbs (I was 230 in October).. My earlier efforts (also been here about ten+ years on and off, maybe not all with same account, also premium now for motivation) had recently gotten as low as 230 and at one point in the last decade I reached 170lbs or less (that was when i started around 260lbs). I take meds which put on weight so it's a constant effort, and sometimes i just burn out when it feels like I'm getting nowhere.. MFP Works for me when i can keep up the motivation (better than anything else i tried), just have to keep at it. My current real streak is about 2 days, but if anyone wants to add me, I'll accept. For the record though, i have mental health issues (currently stable for over a year)

I hear you.. sounds like we’ve been on a very similar journey.. I’m on meds for my pain that cause weight gain as well.. it’s an endless cycle for sure! Motivation is so hard for me.. that’s why I came back to MFP.. I know the community will keep me accountable!