Quitting a Program?

Curious...Has anyone ever quit a program because they just don't like the workouts? I'm about to start week 6 of a 9 week program and I've gotten to the point that I completely dread the workouts and look for excuses to skip. I've never had this problem. Some programs I like more than others but I've always finished them out. I told myself I was just gonna push through this one, only 3 weeks left but I really just want to move on to something else I'm more excited about. Advice?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I'd say there aren't any rules...if I'm not paying for something and I'm running some program I don't like, I move on...I do what I want. The only caveat here for me is if/when I'm actually training for a cycling event...in that case, it's suck it up or feel it really bad come event day...but just some random workout program for the sake of it, who cares...I don't like it then I move on to something else.

I started a program a few weeks ago on Zwift for my bike because it looked like it had some pretty good workouts...not that I didn't like the program, but it wasn't right for me currently with my schedule and some other things...so I disenrolled and started another program on Zwift that is better for my current situation...no biggie.
  • laceyn18
    laceyn18 Posts: 27 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'd say there aren't any rules...if I'm not paying for something and I'm running some program I don't like, I move on...I do what I want. The only caveat here for me is if/when I'm actually training for a cycling event...in that case, it's suck it up or feel it really bad come event day...but just some random workout program for the sake of it, who cares...I don't like it then I move on to something else.

I started a program a few weeks ago on Zwift for my bike because it looked like it had some pretty good workouts...not that I didn't like the program, but it wasn't right for me currently with my schedule and some other things...so I disenrolled and started another program on Zwift that is better for my current situation...no biggie.

Thanks for this and I agree. I think I was just looking for validation that it's ok to move on. Typically when I start a program I really try to finish but this one just isn't a fit for me. That's ok!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Switch to something you like better. Life is too short to waste time doing something you hate. There are a lot of exercise programs out there that would work for you.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    When we speak of programs we are to assume that everybody won't respond the same.

If you dislike a program I wouldn't e pact a great chance of adhearance to continue training.

When I program somebody new I will utilize their training history including responses and "likes" to exercise selection, rep schemes, intensity, etc...

If you are running a program and it isn't to your liking or are considering not training because of it...I would think it is morevthan reasonable to move on.
  • Exercise should be enjoyed.
    If you are dreading it, then it is time to switch to something else.