Over on protein almost daily

I am definitely staying in my calorie goal but I routinely go over on two of my macros. My protein and my fat. It’s mostly because I eat a lot of meat, chicken, pork.
And the fats are healthy fats like avocado and olive oil. Will this hamper my weight reduction?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Weight loss is created by a calorie deficit. If you're going way over on protein, you may want to ensure you're getting enough of the other things you need, but it isn't going to keep you from losing weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I am definitely staying in my calorie goal but I routinely go over on two of my macros. My protein and my fat. It’s mostly because I eat a lot of meat, chicken, pork.
    And the fats are healthy fats like avocado and olive oil. Will this hamper my weight reduction?

Weight management is about calories...your macros are just the breakdown of how those calories are distributed between the three macro-nutrients. If anything, the default protein MFP gives you is pretty much a minimum...when losing weight and/or active, it's good to have more.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,514 Member
    If your apatite is under control and you are feeling peppy enough, it's all good!
  • saintlmm7689
    saintlmm7689 Posts: 19 Member
    Appreciate all the positive responses!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    As long as you're getting your 5 (and I would probably aim for 8+) veggies and fruits a day, and your full measure of fiber per day and enough healthy fats and don't have any known or unknown kidney ailments.... why not?