How do I stay motivated

Hello I’m the type of person that is really motivated for a week and then I fall in the crack. I’ve been doing my fitness pal free since October. At beginning I was tracking meals and weight. But I kept forgetting g to put meals in if I didn’t plan what I was eating in the morning for the day and then I was just tracking my weight on my free fitness pal. Today I said I’m starting to track everything but I don’t want to fall back out of it. I had lost 40lbs but gain 10lbs back I need to start and stay motivated. My best friend lives next door so she motivates me to walk, but I can’t at the moment as I had an injection in my knee 1 week ago so can’t walk right now. Please help on what to do to stay motivated and tracking on my fitness pal

Replies

• chantallucas
    chantallucas Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you very much and it’s totally true
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Yup ^^^ 100% this. Determination.
    Every meal, every mouthful, pick up your device and enter it in the diary. Every. Single. Time...
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    A few things to consider.

- What do you really care about? What are your main issues? How do you spend your time?
    - What do you wish you cared about? (not just weight/level-of-fitness, probably)
    - How does your health figure into your bigger life goals?

If you can figure out what you want to do in life, you can act to achieve it. Health and fitness are generally helpful for accomplishing almost any life goal, but that doesn't make them a very interesting goals in and of themselves.

So, go find something worth being healthy for.

Best of luck!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    Simply visiting this thread regularly was - and still is on “those” days- motivating for me:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1275030/whats-your-most-recent-nsv/p1
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Discipline is more important than motivation. If you're consistent each and every day, you don't need much motivation since it's routine. Like brushing your teeth. You don't need motivation to do it, you just do it because you know it's the right thing to do. You don't get excited about it. When you become so systematic about logging in, there's no motivation needed.
    As for exercise, I usually don't like to start my walking routine (currently walk 90 mins 2 times a day) but by the time I'm done I feel great because of the accomplishment. Lol, also once you've walked far enough away from home, you still have to get back.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • chantallucas
    chantallucas Posts: 4 Member
    So true and walking is no problem except now as my knee won’t allow me to walk (injection 1 week ago) but afterwards watch out. And I set a reminder if I forget to log anything after a day a notification will be sent to remind me until I get in the routine. I can’t do to much exercise as I have back and knee problem (this isn’t an excuse) I’m still doing cardio when I can. Thank you so much for your support means a lot to me.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Having done this for a while, I can usually remember everything I ate the day before, if I think about it. I've often entered the previous day from memory. The more you do it, the easier it gets.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    I recommend planning your food the night before. Log it when you go to bed. Then your GOAL the next day is to eat it all.
  • aquitteriamnot
    aquitteriamnot Posts: 78 Member
    I know how you feel. Just remember that there will always be days like this. Come up with a list of activities to keep yourself on track. Say a prayer, read a book, watch a movie, DIY projects are great. It’s not easy, but it’s also not impossible.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Having done this for a while, I can usually remember everything I ate the day before, if I think about it. I've often entered the previous day from memory. The more you do it, the easier it gets.
    I can remember everything I ate last week being so systematic.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Having done this for a while, I can usually remember everything I ate the day before, if I think about it.

I can remember everything I ate last week being so systematic.

Now, that's impressive!