JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    I did well with exercise today-hopped on the indoor bike (my outdoor bike on a trainer lol) during my open hour for work and got a quick walk in after work when it was still light out. I am back to my old pattern of being too low for calories when I do exercise. Fortunately I've learned from old mistakes and I know my body needs a MINIMUM of 1400 cals with exercise taken into account. So I had an extra graham cracker and PB snack to be sure I didn't crash. Had a lovely chat with a friend who has young children so it's not always easy for her to catch up. Won't get to my evening chores but I wouldn't trade that chat for anything.

JFT Monday:
    RED CUP CHALLENGE-80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ✅
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Tuesday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@mytime6630 the bedtime snack cravings are so strong! Hard for me too.
    @littleblackskirt I really resonated with what you said. I’m hopping back on after a long break away. Starting again is always something to be proud of :)
    @HEGoddard0928 Nice work crushing those goals!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited February 2021

- gastro appt✅ Matt was given a clean bill of health since his stomach has been back to normal. Doesn't need to be seen again until August! Woohoo! Finally something is going right with

So happy you got some good news there!
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2021
    WellingTX wrote: »
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development: Compilation video. I will Prove Myself Right - The Motivation Compilation. Mostly clichés but I always find something meaningful to me. Just because only 1% succeed in their journey doesn't mean you have a 1% chance. Success is in my hands. Also How you finish I am... determines your outcome

Love reading about your personal devlopement videos .. many of these I looked up, and also watch. So thank you for sharing.
  • mytime6630
    qhlgj1a5304i.jpg
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    Hey, my phone was dead for half the morning yesterday and then the community was down for a little while for me. On the app and website. So I missed that @mytime6630 had started the water challenge already!
    Im in for starting before March, why the heck not :) I always find if I get 4 waters in by lunch time. Then the rest are easy!

Goals for today
    - Take meds and collect missing ones from pharmacy
    - Water Challenge (8 cups)
    - Get pots clean again!
    - get washed laundry folded and put away or atleast some of it.

it's sunny here today, I love it when it's cold but sunny so you get a hint or warmth. We're getting that fresh spring air over here now.
    I'm pretty tired today but nothing a coffee won't sort!
    I went crazy on the night time snacks.
    I should really weigh myself again and see what the damage is but I know I've deffo put on weight, I just don't want to know how much lol!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 22 February

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water - drink it and log it! 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️.

• ZizzyBumble
    @littleblackskirt We tend to be our worst critics. You’ve a lot to deal with at the moment; be kind to yourself whilst working for a healthier you. Sending you hugs.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Tuesday 23 February

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Keeping up with all my commitments with the exception of calories. I'm struggling. Important note from yesterday's official weigh in is that I've recaptured my weight loss from pre- Thanksgiving. Went off track for about six weeks through the end of the year and it took over six weeks to lose what I'd gained.

For Monday, start the week on track. Don't let my month to date calorie average give me an excuse to not stick to the plan.

-Missed my gratitude call from yesterday. Sunday is influencer day and I'm going to call out Mel Robbins again. Don't say I'm fine with something if you're not. Don't give the behavior credibility. I can be kind to myself and not accept falling short.
    -I'm grateful for my health. 418 day streak of accurately logging my food and exercise and the tracking makes a difference. Grateful I can work out and shovel snow. Couldn't do those things in 2019.
    -1900 calories:2650. On track until 5:00 to 6:00
    -Work out for 40 minutes. Busy day, make the time: Made the time. 99 minutes including a 60 minute, 2.66 mile treadmill walk
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development:Monday morning Will Smith Self Discipline video. I'm responsible improving my wellness, no one else. Also completed Amy Porterfield - On Line Marketing Made Easy podcast on Launch with a Tiny Audience. Good lessons applicable to an enterprise.
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: More than done including chipping ice and keeping up with my stuff
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch: Nope and nope
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done. I have this discipline.
    -Revisit my commitments in the afternoon: Nope

For Tuesday. New day. Keep going with the good and improve where I'm falling short.

- I'm grateful for my bride on many fronts. Today it's that we can be ourselves, don't have to tip toe or change to suit the other.
    - 1900 calories:
    - Work out for 90 minutes:
    - Invest 15 minutes in personal development:
    - Invest 15 minutes in professional development:
    - Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    - Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch:
    - Eat between 8 and 6:
    - Revisit my commitments in the aftenoon:

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY 2/22/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2. Stay within my calorie range :)
    3. Drink 64 oz or more of water (WATER CHALLENGE) :)
    4. NO diet coke :)
    5. Don't snack after 8pm :)

JFT 2/23/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day
    2. Stay within my calorie range
    3. Drink 64 oz or more of water (WATER CHALLENGE)
    4. NO diet coke
    5. Don't snack after 8pm
    6. Go for a walk

@PackerFan001 & @mytime6630 What's the name of the podcast you're listening to? Is it "NOBS Weight Loss"? Sorry I know the name has been given previously.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!
  • GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    Hi! Just for today I’m going to go for a walk, hydrate, and stay on my food plan for the day.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited February 2021
    Recap 2/22 M
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 13/14 & 10k
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water >:) Another F-it evening. Net cals -872 (maybe) & 13c
    3) Work in office: AJNH / Facebook Live 12:00 / PRO s/s updates = 3/3
    4) Gas on way home / x-train (or treadmill) kitty on lap instead = 1/2
    5) Wish middle brother happy bday / call vet & order kitty food / call ophthalmologist & make pmt / scan invoices / print final s/s for tax preparer / write recipes for cookbook & complete book order = way more time than I expected as I submitted 5 (3 online) / wash dishes no time / prep lunch, snacks & water bottle = 7/8
    6) Meditation app no time / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 6:20 alarm = 2/6

JFT 2/23 T
    1) X-trained before work YAY :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) AJNH (so close) / submit leave request for tax prep meeting
    5) Prep lunch, snacks & water bottle / declutter 15 min. / at least one chore
    6) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (treadmill before work)

Got email (5 min. after end of business day, v typical of this manager, and she had already disappeared from our building) that we are back to working 5 days in office starting next week. I am happy about that bc more structure to my workdays, and work is only at work. I'm sure some will not enjoy that structure. Pretty sure abuse of work time happened in the past year, and I was guilty at times.

Last night, spent some time online with family members & really enjoyed that. We don't live in the same city and I haven't traveled out of my city since my niece's small wedding in August. Had wonderful time reconnecting, even if I didn't unplug at my goal time.

@PackerFanInGB We're missing you on JFT!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2021
    sarah74_vt wrote: »

@PackerFan001 & @mytime6630 What's the name of the podcast you're listening to? Is it "NOBS Weight Loss"? Sorry I know the name has been given previously.

Yes .. her podcasts are the NOBS Weight Loss. She does have a community to join (which I think @PackerFan001 did .. but so many free podcasts to listen to. Very motivating!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/what-it-means-to-be-a-nobs-woman/id1233384453?i=1000491658049

@PackerFaninGB - missing you, and love to hear from you, with your input on the link?
  • mytime6630

@PackerFanInGB We're missing you on JFT!

Yes .. so agree. Hope you are doing OK @PackerFanInGB
  • Bex953172
    Hi! Just for today I’m going to go for a walk, hydrate, and stay on my food plan for the day.

Sounds good to me! Let us know how you get on :)
  • Bex953172
    So far so good today!
    4 waters up to now but I'll easily hit the 8 mark today.
    I've even logged food (I know right?! Can't remember the last time I logged something)
    And I've not exactly picked anything healthy, toast for breakfast and pasta with lots of cheese for lunch but I still have 500 odd calories left.

I've found that my actions give me my motivation rather than motivation getting me into action.

So by logging my food even though I'm not making healthy choices it's making me WANT to eat healthier because I want to achieve my calorie goal.

Im starting to get used to being here again. I've noticed I've been putting a little weight in and it's freaking me out. I really REALLY don't want to go backwards. It's only going to make me feel bad about my body when I've only just grabbed back an inch of confidence from my recent loss.
    I was actually wearing crop tops (with high-waisted jeans) and was feeling pretty good about myself!
    I feel like even if I only put on a couple of pounds I can see it on my body and I hate that.

Im even tempted to exercise tonight (you're probs all thinking where is Bex and what have you done with her lmao) but I got a lot to do still cleaning wise. We have a rat exterminator coming tomorrow to check my neighbours and our garden. Our house is on a row of 3 houses, I'm on the end. We think the middle neighbour has the rats (or mice) under her decking. But we recently had new fences put up and she asked me if I had noticed the holes under the fence, which I hadn't up to that point
    I've not seen any, I'm not too fussed tbh, so long as they're not in my house!

I'll officially update my daily goals later but just checking i. Whilst I had some time. To. Myself :)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    sarah74_vt wrote: »

Yes .. her podcasts are the NOBS Weight Loss. She does have a community to join (which I think @PackerFan001 did .. but so many free podcasts to listen to. Very motivating!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/what-it-means-to-be-a-nobs-woman/id1233384453?i=1000491658049

@PackerFaninGB - missing you, and love to hear from you, with your input on the link?

Perfect, thank you!! :)