Insanity 2021!

Replies

• katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    Well done Katylockett :)
    Truly inspirational - honestly... - twas doing a resistance band wo yesterday and caught myself as I got tempted to slow down thinking "no. What have you been saying to, and seeing of, Katy's efforts. You should do the same!

Aww nice, thanks @skinnyrev2b Well done for keeping going! We've got this!! πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ‘
  • katylockett
    Day 42: Rest day πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘ Loving the recharge today and ready to bring it tomorrow πŸ’ͺ Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday!
  • katylockett
    Day 43: Max Cardio Conditioning. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Ahh my head was in it today, but my body was soooo sluggish! My muscles maybe enjoyed the day off too much 🀣 I gave it my all, but I kept running out of steam 😬 I'm sure I'll be back to full power tomorrow so I'm not going to get disheartened. Week two of Month two under way πŸ‘πŸ˜
    Anyone else get this sluggish problem after a rest day?
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Well done for pressing play. Not sure if it's related to rest days, but yeah, certainly have sluggish days - due to quality of sleep, quality of food, stress levels and how rested my muscles are from previous workouts.
  • katylockett
    Well done for pressing play. Not sure if it's related to rest days, but yeah, certainly have sluggish days - due to quality of sleep, quality of food, stress levels and how rested my muscles are from previous workouts.

πŸ€” Yeah maybe wasn't as rested as I thought! Ack well, tomorrow is another day 😊
  • katylockett
    Day 44: Max Interval Circuit. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Smashed it today πŸ˜πŸ™Œ Really improving on my floor work on this one, I can almost manage the full sets of 'full body drills' and I did tuck jumps today instead of the power jumps I'd been sticking to - 🀣 It felt easier so bonus!
    Great workout this morning πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • skinnyrev2b
    Hurray for smashing it! Go girl!
  • katylockett
    Day 45: Max Interval Plyo. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Oh I gave it my all today πŸ˜… The dreaded level three drills got the best of me πŸ™ˆ first set of 16 then down to 5 on the second, which is an improvement but the other circuits however, I never made my first or second marks 😀 My arms are my weakness πŸ’ͺ🀣
    The rest of the workout was fab, I really pushed and thought I might be struggling today too after deciding I had enough energy left last night to go for a run πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜± Definitely fitter πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜„
    Very good, surprising energetic workout this morning! Happy Wednesday 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    That's brilliant! And after a run too! Wow!
  • katylockett
    Day 46: Do over to tomorrow due to shoulder niggles πŸ˜–
    I felt a niggle last night and it's still niggling this morning πŸ™„ Im determined to target those recovery push ups, so deciding to rest today and go for it tomorrow. Ack my stupid arms πŸ™„πŸ’ͺ I'll be back on form tomorrow I'm sure!
  • katylockett
    Day 46: Max Recovery. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Well my shoulders were burning but held up πŸ”₯ I really pushed myself this morning and I think I managed more πŸŽ‰! I still struggled with the pace of the start of this routine but I am noticing improvements albeit small! Other than the push ups (and those side holds πŸ˜¬πŸ™ˆ) I managed the rest πŸ‘πŸ‘ I have one eye on tomorrow and ready for my abs to getting a kicking with Max Cardio Conditioning and Max Cardio Abs 😱😬 Let's do this! Happy Friday everyone 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    Nice! Just make sure you don't push your shoulder too much :-)
  • katylockett
    Day 47: Max Cardio Conditioning and insane Abs. Done πŸ˜³πŸ˜…
    Today was one of 'those' days 🀣 my brain was like 'how can I get out of this' 😡 BUT I pressed play and went for it ▢️πŸ’ͺ
    I've noticed feeling drained this week and my form has been suffering, but I'm convinced it's my diet, I didn't meal prep and it's gone to pot diet wise this week, so today is a reset day for me and I'm getting onto meal prep today.
    I pushed big time this morning on Max Cardio Conditioning and was wrecked by the end of it but I was not done! I pushed play on Insane Abs and was weirdly enjoying the first set, slow jumps but then Shaun announces 'OK so we're going to do that again' 😳 eh! Oh man 🀣 My' C sit' sets need major work but over all I'm just so pleased I actually got going this morning and my shoulder is feeling loads better! Looking forward to prepping better fuel for my next workout, my favourite, Max Interval Circuit πŸ˜…πŸ‘πŸ‘ Have a great day everyone 😊
  • katylockett
    Nice! Just make sure you don't push your shoulder too much :-)

Thanks @skinnyrev2b it's feeling loads better today. I think I've hurt them with rubbish form this week, thankfully today is better and really focusing on protecting myself with proper form. I hope you are back to full health too!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Awesome stuff! My achy arm is finally, well, not! So I'm back on it tomorrow (overslept today so feeling tired and sicky). I have at least been walking every day, so that's something.
  • katylockett
    Awesome stuff! My achy arm is finally, well, not! So I'm back on it tomorrow (overslept today so feeling tired and sicky). I have at least been walking every day, so that's something.

What a shame, I hope you get back to full health soon. I always get so frustrated when injuries / sickness get in the way. It's good you've been able to get walking, I hope tomorrow is better for you!
  • katylockett
    Day 48: Max Interval Circuit. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Best workout yet πŸ‘ I smashed it today πŸ˜… I managed EVERYTHING! 😱πŸ’₯ Floor work, tuck jumps, all sets 🀯 I'm thinking I need to go into every workout thinking 'this is my favourite' because I've always done well on this one because it is my favourite πŸ€”
    Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day but I'm going to do my fit test because of the extra rest day this week with my shoulder niggle. I'm excited but also a bit scared of the numbers I need to beat 😬 it's on!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Ha ha! Excellent!
    By your own admission then, you should go in to tomorrow saying "I love fitness test day, it's my favourite!"
  • katylockett
    Ha ha! Excellent!
    By your own admission then, you should go in to tomorrow saying "I love fitness test day, it's my favourite!"

Exactly! Going to try and trick myself into loving my fit test and smash it 🀣🀞time will tell!