WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »

Barbie: I envy your vaccinations. My cousins in WA have had theirs, too. We still have had none. Yesterday was supposed to be our day, but the county health department did not get any vaccine. They said they would call us. :grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

The Moderna vaccine was completely gone as of last Friday. I know this, because I worked at a vaccination center and there were a lot of confused people coming in for their second shot and were turned away. Not a single vial was left. I heard yesterday, when I volunteered again, that the shipment arrived in the county and they would start giving shots again on Wednesday.

The Pfizer vaccine doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment. I'm sure it's time will come.

Hang in there Katla!

Tina in CA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,794 Member
    Favorite season: Spring and Fall (except for allergies)
    Summers are too hot and winters are too gloomy, overcast , and cold for me.

Allie I’m so happy to see you posting. You sound so much better but still tired. I hate that Tom is adding stress to your life right now.

All references are in and papers requested so far for the sub job. Now waiting for next steps.

RvRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    For those of you who are Facebook be aware there is a hack going on that looks like a friend is sending you a you-tube video. When you open it you are hacked. This happened to me tonight. I reported it to Facebook and then had to change my password. I think I stopped it from going to any of my friends on Facebook. I called a couple of friends and they did not see anything like this from me. The friends I have in common with this friend I did alert to let them know not to open this message.

We have enough going on what a bother. So I am alerting you so it doesn't happen to you.

I also cleared my cookies out of my Browser as a precaution too. I do this routinely and especially after something like this.

I NEVER EVER open attachments that are sent to me via facebook, or messenger... for this very reason. Way too many times this is a hack. What a mess. So I just NEVER do it.
    I'll put my RANT about facebook in the spoiler. LOL.
    I hardly get on facebook any more because of all the hate and division and CRAP that is on there. My "friends" are family members and church friends and a few close friends and co-workers. I only get on there nowadays to see pics from the kids that live out of state.

Also, if you get a friend request from someone who is already a friend of yours, DONT accept that either. I go back to my friends list and either message them or text them on my phone and ask if they've opened a new fb acct. Usually they will tell me no and then I know for sure that it's a hacker. Go back in and report them to the facebook police. Ugh.

I agree with the division and hate that was so bad for a while on FB. Thankfully, now that the election is over it seems to have calmed down. It really was crazy. Seeing people who had been friends for 50 yrs or more or even family members talk such hate towards each other was so sad.
    There are some other stuff, like stalkers on FB(I haven't dealt with any but former hubby won't go on it because he had one, she wouldn't stop- I wish he would be on, he might change his mind)
    I am on FB pretty much all day, every day. That, and this chat board are my lifelines to the outside world ;)
    Working at home and feeling alone here most of the time, FB is how I keep in touch with friends and family. It has been an amazing tool to track down classmates for our reunion that I am in charge of. Hoping we can have our reunion this summer, a year late, and combine it with the next class.

Debbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2021
    Mrs Hoffer: You have lit an issue that I was overlooking. My daughter is a regular on facebook and posts photos there. I would prefer it if she’d send them to me directly. She has my gmail address. I need to let her know what I’m thinking and what is concerning about facebook. :star:

Pip: Congrats on the progress on the bathrooms and the carpets. :bigsmile:

Teresa: I’m so sorry that your son is not paying you back for loans as he should. :flowerforyou:

Debbie: My daughter posts pictures of the kids on facebook, and I need to ask her to email them to me so that I get so see them. I have been disenchanted with facebook for a couple of years. Your post has inspired me to speak up. Thank you. :star:

I am beginning to feel too housebound. I need to take personal time for things other than grocery shopping.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • blackburn23
    blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
    Hi everybody! I am soooo happy! It is currently a nice, sunny 63* here in the NW Foothills of NC! I have my granddaughter with me today and I'm planning on a trip to the park with her later.

As far as seasons go, I really enjoy them all! I guess my favorite would be summer. As a Cancer, I love going to the beach. I enjoy being outside, whether working in the yard, playing with my granddaughter, or walking in the woods. I love the summer heat, but the humidity wipes me out! So, I've learned to stay hydrated over my 54 years.

Fall would be my second favorite. I love the cool, crisp mornings and evenings. And the sky, it seems that it is always the prettiest blue in Fall. The only thing I dislike about Fall are the spiders! They build webs everywhere and they give me the creeps!

Winter and Spring are neck n neck for 3rd and 4th place. We don't get an abundance of snow here in the Foothills, and some years are worse than others. But, I really love to watch it snow, and there's no better time to take a walk in the woods or just sit out on the porch. The snow brings a quiet peace to my soul. Unfortunately, it also leaves a horrible mess!
    Spring, of course brings the beauty of renewal. It amazes me how each day the natural world around us starts to wake up and come to life again. I also know with Spring's arrival, that Summer is just around the corner! Spring's wackiness is what puts it down the scale. You NEVER know what kind of weather you are going to get from one day to the next! Here, we could get anything from Ice, Snow, Rain, Hail, Sun, Wind, Tornadoes, Thunderstorms, Flooding...

Teresa: I'm sorry about the trouble you are having with your son. I have two adult children, one who is and always has been very responsible with his money and paying his bills and debts. My other child has taken her sweet time. I am just starting to see that she is regretting some of the financial decisions that she has made. She is finally starting to realize that "needs, and wants" are two very different things and that your "wants" can get you into trouble. She is almost through with her first year of nursing school, and although I "help" when I can, she knows that I am keeping a record of expenses. She knows that once I reach a certain limit I'm not helping anymore. My Late DH and I helped our son with some of his college expenses and I told our daughter I would do the same with her, but because I have helped "bail her out" of some dumb choices, like buy a car that was out of her financial range, her budget was much lower. Anyway, I didn't mean to rant so much, just wanted you to know I feel your pain and good for you for standing up to your son. I know it's hard when it's our children, but sometimes tough love is the best. I hope he gets his head on straight soon.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited February 2021
    I love Spring. Not keen on Summer. Too hot. I keep out of the sun as much as I can. Mostly I hide. Autumn ok. Winter, blah.

I never lend my children money because I know it leads to trouble. Luckily I haven't got any accessible funds. I have given small amounts in an emergency, but rarely.
    DH has given his daughter money towards her apartment, but he is clear that means she will not get her share of the first death inheritance. She's had it in advance. :D I advised him not to lend her the money, but to give it, under those strict circumstances.
    I just think owing money to family sours the relationship all round. :'( Sorry you find yourself in that position, Teresa.

I only had about ten Facebook friends , mainly DH'S family, but nearly everyone I know has stopped using it. My elder son is more or less the only user. I rarely look at it. My friends and family tend to use WhatsApp more.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Still slogging along here.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Teresa - my father helped my brother with several things along the way. My brother wasn’t paying him back as he agreed to. My dad started giving him a smaller birthday present and a smaller Christmas present than I got and the difference was subtracted from what my brother owed him. He told my brother he was going to do this so he wasn’t surprised when it happened. Well, he was surprised because he didn’t think Dad would do it, but he was warned.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Well today I just slept when I felt like sleeping ,even if ill be up at night.. I want to be able to feel better.. I am doing quite a bit of walking and do my PT everyday..
    Well Trudy is making Thanksgiving dinner tonight so will be going up there for a bite to eat.. not alot I cant eat like that anymore..no desserts either..
    Watching Highway to Heaven.. love that show
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member
    almost noon and 68 here so going to head out and finally prune that last rose bush and maybe try and do the nectarine tree. (or at least start it.
    less than an hour later and it is now 76 and the rose bush is pruned and the nectarine is partially pruned- I am too short, even with the step stool to get the rest- I will have son finish it for me.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Beth-What a terrible situation. Sending positive thoughts to your family.

Tina in CA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,745 Member
    edited February 2021
    Barbara ... I have the worst time loading photos. Trying puppy pic again. 1b5xy2mdz4cc.jpeg

Edit: Nope won't load
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    Beth - What an awful debacle. Sending love. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    (((Beth))) hugs to you and your son. What a horrible thing to go through.

Annie in Delaware