What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member

now I want cinnamon sugar bread :)

When I was pregnant I found a cinnamon sugar babka at Whole Foods and would lightly toast slices that I would then drown in butter. Heaven <3
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

now I want cinnamon sugar bread :)

When I was pregnant I found a cinnamon sugar babka at Whole Foods and would lightly toast slices that I would then drown in butter. Heaven <3

cinnamon toast drowned in cold milk... milk toast. the best ever!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Not really a food, but I've been obsessed with these starburst drink mixes!! They taste exactly like starbursts. I love the cherry and pink. r851ex1z2lq0.png

• pancakerunner
    Not really a food, but I've been obsessed with these starburst drink mixes!! They taste exactly like starbursts. I love the cherry and pink. r851ex1z2lq0.png

Oooo I want to try!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I’ve never heard of cream of rice. That looks like mashed potatoes at first glance.

What does cream of rice taste like?

Have you had cream of wheat?

Do they taste the same because I just finished off my cream of wheat and still need to eat a smoother cereal so was maybe going to check out cream of rice.

I’ve never had cream of wheat but it is very smooth, similar to mashed potatoes.

I can't find cheap cream of rice. How do we feel about grits?

(I actually like the cream of wheat. I just figure trying something different would be good too. And I like rice so.... )

So, I saw cream of rice at my not Walmart prices grocery store and decided to buy it. First of all, it's quite the high maintenance cereal for being able to make in the microwave! Stir every 30 seconds? Wire whisk?! Second of all, it kinda of bubbled up a bit too much in minute 2. (Cream of wheat doesn't bubble up so I wasn't expecting that.) Third of all, it tasted ok (I added sugar free maple syrup) but it was kinda the consistency of glue.

Sooooo......yeah. 😀
  • pancakerunner
    I’ve never heard of cream of rice. That looks like mashed potatoes at first glance.

Do they taste the same because I just finished off my cream of wheat and still need to eat a smoother cereal so was maybe going to check out cream of rice.

I’ve never had cream of wheat but it is very smooth, similar to mashed potatoes.

(I actually like the cream of wheat. I just figure trying something different would be good too. And I like rice so.... )

So, I saw cream of rice at my not Walmart prices grocery store and decided to buy it. First of all, it's quite the high maintenance cereal for being able to make in the microwave! Stir every 30 seconds? Wire whisk?! Second of all, it kinda of bubbled up a bit too much in minute 2. (Cream of wheat doesn't bubble up so I wasn't expecting that.) Third of all, it tasted ok (I added sugar free maple syrup) but it was kinda the consistency of glue.

Sooooo......yeah. 😀

https://creamofwheat.com/recipe/mango-and-coconut-cream-of-rice/

this would be good...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Fresh steamed broccoli with black truffle sea salt. I could eat bowls and bowls of it.
  • pancakerunner
    Fresh steamed broccoli with black truffle sea salt. I could eat bowls and bowls of it.

I do this too, with parmesan or nutritional yeast
  • glassyo

Sooooo......yeah. 😀

https://creamofwheat.com/recipe/mango-and-coconut-cream-of-rice/

this would be good...

But...what would I do with all the stuff that's on top of my stove! :)
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Frozen bananas blitzed until creamy. I recently just discovered the wonder of frozen blitzed fruit.
    I am an ice cream lover, and this is very satisfying.

This! Helps satisfy my ice cream cravings!
  • glassyo
    Update on night 2 of the cream of rice saga (because I know y'all are on pins and needles and who else am I going to discuss this with?).

It turned out better. I didn't stir with the wire whisk but with a spoon. Who here was more surprised than I that I even OWNED a wire whisk? I also actually paid attention to it while in the 2nd and 3rd 30 second heating round to make sure it didn't bubble up. I used more sugar free maple syrup. I might change it up and go splenda and cinnamon tonight since I use the maple syrup on my eggs AND butternut squash.

(I eat weird :))
  • pancakerunner
    Now I want fried plantains in coconut oil
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    It does make a difference for endurance. Nitrates.

w46458u7c09h.jpeg

Not to mention how colourful it’s making my toilet experience. Purple is my favourite colour lmao
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    edited February 2021
    Buttered toast and fried eggs. The last time I was fixated on that meal was the weekend before my daughter was born. No I am not pregnant lol :D
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    Buttered toast and fried eggs. The last time I was fixated on that meal was the weekend before my daughter was born. No I am not pregnant lol :D
    I always knew when I’d find my purse in the fridge.
  • Amanda_mermaid
    Amanda_mermaid Posts: 25 Member
    I’m obsessed with coconut oil! I also Love healthy blended icy drinks I’ve been making. ( Just got a new awesome blender) lol
  • pancakerunner

I want buttered toast with sunny side up eggs :(
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Banana pancakes. I remember traveling with my now wife to Belize when we were dating and I just loved them and had them for breakfast almost daily. We're getting a bout of early spring tease weather here and I made them last Saturday morning for the family and it almost felt like we were whisked away to the tropical beaches, if just for a bit. I made them again on Sunday...it's about as close to a vacation as we're going to get right now.

Mm I've been making banana pancakes lately when I do breakfast for dinner. I top them with more sliced bananas and pecans. So good.