WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,778 Member
    On the subject of favorite season-I like Spring and Fall. Temps are warm, but not hot and can enjoy being outside. Summer is great for motorcycle riding. Then winter means Christmas and that is my favorite holiday.

The mask mandate expires here today. They are hoping people will still wear masks when out in public. Our hospital is still requring us to wear them while at work. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Beth--Sending prayers and hugs for you and DS. :'(

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Oooo
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    crazy weather here today. We have sun for a while then it pours rain and several times the sun has been shining and it is raining at the same time. I have been lucky to get out during the sunny times to let the dog run and feed critters.

A young lady knocked on my door earlier to tell me she had run over our mailbox. I went out to get pictures and her info. She said she was not going fast but was talking on the phone and not paying attention. Her car was not drivable and she sat in our driveway for some time waiting for AAA to come. The base of the mailbox is destroyed but the box itself seems to not be in too bad shape. Now just the hassle of getting insurance to pay for a new one.

Beth - A million tiny prayers winging their way to you and your family. I am so angry on your behalf.

Katla - Sounds like you need some Arrow time even if all you do is go out and brush him.

My favorite season is fall with its cool dry weather perfect for horseback riding.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,743 Member
    Pip ... looks good!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Lovely dinner with friends.. like i said slept quite a bit today so here is hoping i can sleep tonight..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    4:15PM and my phone says it is 79degrees, Alexa says it is 81 right now. This is not normal for mid Feb. here.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    (((Beth)))
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,343 Member
    Beth - thinking about y'all... many good wishes.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 44min 54sec, 3.14ap, 84ahr, 123mhr, 6.14mi= 814c
    Other- 1hr 12min 51sec, = 363c
    Walk to home n bk- 24.11 min.80mi= 90c

Total cal 1267

Went to new home to pay the guy that did the carpets and floors. Tomorrow we can start moving some more stuff in after we clean up the wood floors by cleaning up the dust.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Did an extreme strength DVD today. Then I tried their WellBeat (videos), interesting but I don’t know. I’ll probably stick to my DVD’s

M – I never go to those games on facebook or click on any link that someone sent me unless I know for a fact that it’s OK. I learned the hard way never to buy anything that’s advertised on facebook, no matter how interesting it looks. Lesson learned, and well. I go to facebook only to keep up with the kids and a friend of mine posts a rhyme that he wrote every day. I very seldom even post.

Have a load of laundry in and made chocolate chip cookies. I bought some mix down with me, and whenever I’ve used this mix it’s never come out good. So no more, regardless how inexpensive it is.

Evidently they fixed the door upstairs (previously it was a rental and, of course, it didn’t bother them so they didn’t bother to fix it. The water would just leak into our condo) so now Vince is spackling and sanding where the water came in. Hopefully, it won’t have to be done again. I think it’s been sold so now the new owners care.

Forgive me...I’m just so angry at tom right now for even attempting to do this to Allie. I guess a leopard’s spots never change.

Teresa OH – (((HUG))). I hate how the kids today want all the luxuries (trips) and don’t want to work for them. That he would take advantage of you and spend the money on making him and his wife happy and not caring about his obligation to you is terrible. He seems to feel like he’s entitled. I’m sometimes tempted to tell the kids that the only thing they’re entitled to is $1 from our will.

Anne DE – frustrating. But you know that she didn’t really mean anything by it.

Beth – how horrible for your family and especially your son. You’ve made the best decision. Your so is very lucky to have you.

Blackburn – what I like about NC is that you have all four seasons (versus FL where everything is always green), but the winters aren’t real harsh. Sometimes it can get cold.

Vicki – FL doesn’t have a mask mandate but I tell you, most everyone wears a mask whenever they’re in the stores

Ginny OH - (((HUG))) Sending good thoughts for everything to work out for you

Sue WA – you can be grateful that that lady stopped and accepted responsibility for her action. A lot of people wouldn’t.

Michele in FL
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,481 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, finished minutes, last test to lab, stevia to T, minutes to H, envelope to C.
    Bonus: 2 loads laundry
    Get to do: take BP, Winco, gas, TJs, dermatologist, Wal~Mart, See’s, dogs to powerline, call S, call C, call R, start taxes, fire district:, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Friendly February:
    23: Be gentle with someone you’re inclined to criticize: lab front desk gal, B, T, DF, Joe and me. 
    24: Tell a loved one about their strengths that you value most:

Just skimming before turning in. Getting up at oh dark thirty tomorrow for the drive to Medford. The reward for actually going to semi annual skin cancer screening, is a trip to Trader Joe’s ;)

Katla sorry your county didn’t get their vaccine ration but glad they’ll call you. Here’s the email we got from our county public health:
    zpi253dhhzc2.jpg
    . I don’t really expect us to be vaccinated before Spring.
    Beth thanks for even trying to load puppy pics amidst what you’re going through. Prayers for your son, the Cleveland experts, and your safe travels there. OMG that puppy pic was worth the wait!
    Ginny holding good thoughts for your next bloodwork.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh/wii: 23/12/35; steps>5627=2738 vits=22, log=23, CI<CO=19, CI<250<CO=14, Tumble=15 Shadow=15 mfp=23 outside=13 up hill=12
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=2 dance=1 clean 60 mins=1.75 packwalk=3, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7:142  2/14: 141.5 2/21: 143:3 :cry: 2/28
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=5 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=11 play=19 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Michelle- he just put the bug in my ear.. but im not worried my attorney kicked his as-.. she told me to call..if he wants to buy out the rest of my alimony it would be 109,200 so he can boom up.. but again im not pushing the subject at this time,he will not be retire until his birthday next year so he will get full retirement benefits
    If i get disability i can draw on his as we were married for 20 yrs. I would get 50% which is about 300.00 more a month than what i made..
    I got about an hrs sleep tonight and now im Awake watching the news.. oh well i have to get up and out of my bedroom during the day..
    Bringing the dogs to the groomers Thursday and have to go to UPS store and send back holter monitor to the Dr..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    edited February 2021
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    A young lady knocked on my door earlier to tell me she had run over our mailbox. I went out to get pictures and her info. She said she was not going fast but was talking on the phone and not paying attention. Her car was not drivable and she sat in our driveway for some time waiting for AAA to come. The base of the mailbox is destroyed but the box itself seems to not be in too bad shape. Now just the hassle of getting insurance to pay for a new one.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

That's a $344 fine here! :open_mouth:
    There's a big campaign here against using mobile phones while driving.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    fuf4o1ye0xi4.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Sue: I do need Arrow time. You are right. My challenge is juggling everything so I can spend time with him. So far it hasn’t been doable. Thank you. 🐎
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌜😴🌛