Macro Help

Hi everyone!! I have been counting my macros and staying within my calorie range for almost two weeks now. The other day I noticed my carb tots said 46% of the 50% goal but when I clicked on it to see exactly how many it said i had 217g of carbs when the goal was 190g. I guess I’m confused on why it said I was only at 46% of my goal of 50% when clearly I was over the amount. I also saw this same issue with my protein for the day. Any help would be great!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Are you logging exercise or do you have a synced device doing activity adjustments?
  • amdemps14
    amdemps14 Posts: 6 Member
    I have it synced to my apple device.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    If you log exercise or have a device synced, you get additional calories, which means your macro targets will also increase as your macros are what make up your calories...4 calories per gram of carbohydrate and protein and 9 calories per gram of dietary fat.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    If it's because you have extra cals because of synching, your goal should have changed, so would be higher than 190 g now, is that the case?

I checked the website (I've never used the app, so it might be different), and I don't see anywhere where it shows what percent of my total carbs I have consumed. The only percentages I see are percent of total cals. Is it possible it is telling you 46% of your total cals are carbs?
  • amdemps14
    Here is an example of what I’m talking about with the total carbs and goal carbs.
    fvhh9vnlg3xi.png
    a2vn0bdk6dcu.png
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    amdemps14 wrote: »
    I have it synced to my apple device.

It sounds like you're getting adjustments from that device, so your total calorie goal for the day (as well as your macronutrient goals) are going up.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    What it's saying is that what you've eaten so far worked out to 46% carbs, compared to your goal of it being 50%. Not that you've eaten 40% OF your goal.
  • amdemps14
    Ohhh that makes more sense!! Very helpful!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    It's what I suspected and said just above:
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I don't see anywhere where it shows what percent of my total carbs I have consumed. The only percentages I see are percent of total cals. Is it possible it is telling you 46% of your total cals are carbs?

Seeing it, that's what it's telling you.