How many MFP friends do you have

How many MFP friends to you have supporting you on your journey? And how have they helped you accomplish and get to your goal.

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Never enough friends and everyone has helped in there own way!
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Never enough friends and everyone has helped in there own way!

How true, the support and motivation is so helpful. Thanks for your reply. Agree 100%
  • DezYaoified
    DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
    Could always use more friends.
    Even if it’s just a random like, just seeing that I’m not alone helps a lot. And seeing a like or a comment on something I’m proud of (like a progress pic or a weight loss after I had a gain the week before) changes my mood for the whole day. And when I’m happy, i stay on track better.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Could always use more friends.
    Even if it’s just a random like, just seeing that I’m not alone helps a lot. And seeing a like or a comment on something I’m proud of (like a progress pic or a weight loss after I had a gain the week before) changes my mood for the whole day. And when I’m happy, i stay on track better.

Support and friends are great. The more the better. I agree it helps on the journey.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Could always use more support and friends. Do we still "Friend Request" with an email address? I recall that's how it used to be.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    doutri2 wrote: »
    Could always use more support and friends. Do we still "Friend Request" with an email address? I recall that's how it used to be.

you can click on the persons profile and send a request.

i don't know how many i have. I tend to keep it relatively low (though I accept most requests), and delete people who have not been active in a month or more. there are a couple of exceptions, from friends from way back in the day that i let hang out even though they're inactive. LOL I also delete people who I believe to be consistently engaging in unhealthy eating patterns (such as eating a super low number of calories on a regular basis. Im not talking about that random day that many of us have where we might eat very little). And really, the only way i notice that (because i don't stalk diaries), is if they say something on their profile that makes me go look.

i talk about my farm and the animals on that farm on my profile (you're a friend, you know that LOL). i post pictures of food. I try to be supportive and encouraging but I'm not going to stalk profiles and click like on (most) randomly generated status updates (like a workout or diary closing). If someone asks a question, I try to help if I have advice or a personal experience that I think might help.

Really, I want to remind people that (1) their food comes from OTHER people (like us LOL) and (2) life is about more than counting calories and logging miles on a treadmill. It is easy to get discouraged when weight doesn't move the way we think it should. So, if a picture of a horse, or a chicken, or duck or goat (or dog lol) helps make someone smile ... then consider that my contribution to your day :)
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,127 Member
    I have 4. I had more previously but I got tired of always being a cheerleader and people just complaining about how hard it is to find motivation or about the glitches MFP is prone to. My current friends are ones I've been friends with for years and have recommitted and wanted my support.
  • anna_lowe
    anna_lowe Posts: 39 Member
    zero. oh wait i forgot about josh...1.
  • mpkpbk2015
    anna_lowe wrote: »
    zero. oh wait i forgot about josh...1.

One is a start, you will make more on your journey. We can be friends if you like. I love making new friends. I find the support goes a long way to helping you on this weight journey.
  • mpkpbk2015
    I have 4. I had more previously but I got tired of always being a cheerleader and people just complaining about how hard it is to find motivation or about the glitches MFP is prone to. My current friends are ones I've been friends with for years and have recommitted and wanted my support.

Good to have some who are committed to your success and theirs. Have a great evening.
  • mpkpbk2015

Yes and I am glad your one of my new friends .Looking forward to journeying together.
  • mpkpbk2015

i don't know how many i have. I tend to keep it relatively low (though I accept most requests), and delete people who have not been active in a month or more. there are a couple of exceptions, from friends from way back in the day that i let hang out even though they're inactive. LOL I also delete people who I believe to be consistently engaging in unhealthy eating patterns (such as eating a super low number of calories on a regular basis. Im not talking about that random day that many of us have where we might eat very little). And really, the only way i notice that (because i don't stalk diaries), is if they say something on their profile that makes me go look.

i talk about my farm and the animals on that farm on my profile (you're a friend, you know that LOL). i post pictures of food. I try to be supportive and encouraging but I'm not going to stalk profiles and click like on (most) randomly generated status updates (like a workout or diary closing). If someone asks a question, I try to help if I have advice or a personal experience that I think might help.

Really, I want to remind people that (1) their food comes from OTHER people (like us LOL) and (2) life is about more than counting calories and logging miles on a treadmill. It is easy to get discouraged when weight doesn't move the way we think it should. So, if a picture of a horse, or a chicken, or duck or goat (or dog lol) helps make someone smile ... then consider that my contribution to your day :)

So glad we are friends, love your pictures. You will have to share with me how to post photos/pictures within the news feed. I haven't quite figured that out yet. One day. congrats again on your new arrival still can't believe a duck raising a chick. Mother nature is great.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    mpkpbk2015 wrote: »

So glad we are friends, love your pictures. You will have to share with me how to post photos/pictures within the news feed. I haven't quite figured that out yet. One day. congrats again on your new arrival still can't believe a duck raising a chick. Mother nature is great.

I had to chick-nap the chick before foster duck mom tried to teach it how to swim in the pond. that wouldn't end well LOL
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited February 2021
    I have under 50 — I used to have over 100 .. but I found I have more meaningful conversations and I can support a smaller group better.

I love getting up everyday and checking in with my peeps. They remind me to stay focused on my health goals. (And they are fun too!!) 😉
    A positive crew always helps! I’m lucky with the people I have met here.
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    My view.. It's more important to have folks on my list who I interact with in some capacity. Even if it's simply clicking 'like'.

To have a large list and no contact whatsoever makes no sense to me (my view only).

I find once I hit 60, it's no longer feasible to keep up.
  • mpkpbk2015
    My view.. It's more important to have folks on my list who I interact with in some capacity. Even if it's simply clicking 'like'.

To have a large list and no contact whatsoever makes no sense to me (my view only).

I find once I hit 60, it's no longer feasible to keep up.

Make sense to me whenever you have so many you can't really support each other it defeats the purpose of having friends so I totally agree. Have a great day.
  • mpkpbk2015
    I have under 50 — I used to have over 100 .. but I found I have more meaningful conversations and I can support a smaller group better.

I love getting up everyday and checking in with my peeps. They remind me to stay focused on my health goals. (And they are fun too!!) 😉
    A positive crew always helps! I’m lucky with the people I have met here.

Me too, I try to stay around 25 to 30 more than that and I start to lose track and it becomes too impersonal. I love seeing my positive peeps everyday too. And seeing how everyone's getting on at the end of the day.
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 wrote: »

I had to chick-nap the chick before foster duck mom tried to teach it how to swim in the pond. that wouldn't end well LOL

I don't know much about chickens but I do know they are not swimmers. So good job rescuing the little thing. And we used to feed the ducks by the pond in my old neighborhood and I know how fierce they are about protecting their little duckies so you did good getting it away. Have a good evening.