• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    edited February 2021
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Goals for today
    - Take meds ✔️ and collect missing ones from pharmacy ❌
    - Water Challenge (8 cups) ✔️
    - Get pots clean again!❌
    - get washed laundry folded and put away or atleast some of it. Ash did this, we'll at least our pile, doing the girls tomorrow!

Was a bit slow starting my day.
    Although it ended with me needing to book in at my opticians for a new pair of glasses 😂😂 I always break my glasses and it's always the arm. Usually it's from sitting on them or sleeping in them then they fall off and I roll onto them.
    Today was me and Ash were playfighting, my hand slipped and I punched myself in the face 🤦‍♀️ I don't think we've laughed that hard for ages 😂 this is like my fourth pair of glasses, he said he can't believe he got with someone so daft ❤️
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited February 2021
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JFT, TUes, Feb 23
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ glasses water RED CUP CHALLENGE FOR THE REST OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH :)
    3. only 1 diet coke :/ Ended up drinking 2 today... I was awake last nite till 2:30 am !! So ... I needed the caffeine since I am not a coffee drinker!
    4. mindful eating :) I was mindful all day... until I ate the candy. But... trying to turn it around and ate light for dinner to undo the damage. So in a way.. mindful eating.
    5. 5 fruits and veggies :)
    6. remember my why .... to look better in my clothes, to have more confidence .. to wear nice clothes WHEN covid restrictions are lifted and we go see our son, to have more energy. :)
    7. go for a walk :) Walked 6 miles today!! My legs are like rubber!
    8. Personal Challenge: 5 minute rule for nitetime snacking .. when I have the urge to grab a snack, set a timer, WAIT 5 MINUTES. Distract myself, but I have to wait 5 minutes before eating anything. :)
    9. Listen to NOBS podcast :/ Not enough time .. but I may still try and get one in tonite before bedtime.

My walking friend gave me 4 of the little lemon kit kat candy bars, and a entire bag of Yorkshire peppermint patties. I did walk 6 miles today.. then got home and hubby was cleaning out the garage. So I helped him.. from 4 pm until 7:30 pm!!! ANd .. we had not eaten dinner yet, and my lunch was a light lunch of cottage cheese and pineapple. So .. while dinner was cooking (Just a frozen pizza), I ate all 4 of the kit kats, and 2 of the mint patties . I know I was overly hungry... but mad at myself afterwards .. there was 250 calories of junk.

But, I limited my dinner to just 2 small pieces of pizza and a large salad. I had hubby take the peppermint patties and put them in the freezer downstairs .. out of sight.
    And .. because we ate so late, I had no problem doing my personal challenge!

1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ glasses water RED CUP CHALLENGE FOR THE REST OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5. 5 fruits and veggies
    6. remember my why .... to look better in my clothes, to have more confidence .. to wear nice clothes WHEN covid restrictions are lifted and we go see our son, to have more energy.
    7. go for a walk
    8. Personal Challenge: 5 minute rule for nitetime snacking .. when I have the urge to grab a snack, set a timer, WAIT 5 MINUTES. Distract myself, but I have to wait 5 minutes before eating anything.
    9. Listen to NOBS podcast
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Whatever Wednesday. Grade essays. Email students about late work.
    3. Classes: GR comments. Video - Book intro. Read intro & study guide. NRI 3.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. 20 pages P&P. Review video 1 to create transcript. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE RESEARCH ESSAYS.
    5. Lunch: Pasta. CALL AC INT MED. Finish script for standardized testing.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Pick up meds. Walk at sculpture park?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Pizza. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. LIVESTREAM 6 PM.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 191.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Might be able to go for a walk at the sculpture park tomorrow.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Eek! It's been a busy few days. I've not checked in here but still been living in to update weight and food diary.

JFT 24/02/21

Health Goals!
    🥛 Drink 2L water!
    🍽️ Stay under my calorie goal!
    Home Goals!
    🧹 Clean the Bathroom!
    🧺 Do Linen Laundry!
    Time for me!
    📺 Catch up on the Soaps!

I'm down 1.7lb since my last check in with you guys so thankfully I've been semi on track! I hope you're all keeping well and staying safe ❤️ I've got my smear tomorrow 😟 wish me luck 😬
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 23 February

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 👿 4
    Water 😊 but only just!
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

• ZizzyBumble
    Wednesday 24 February

Log - will be guessing lunch
    Stay in the green - I’ve pre logged and it’s going to be a challenge
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals plus extra to try to offset lunch!
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

Our local restaurant is offering takeaway lunch today - crab bisque with crabs from the bay directly in front of them. I’ll be serving it with crusty bread and a glass of wine 😊. It’s been very windy recently and I don’t envy the local fisherman.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Worked out, was productive in work, chipped ice/shoveled but beyond that it was a train wreck day. I'm struggling.

For Tuesday. New day. Keep going with the good and improve where I'm falling short.

- I'm grateful for my bride on many fronts. Today it's that we can be ourselves, don't have to tip toe or change to suit the other.
    - 1900 calories: Cheetos for breakfast, hot dog - fries - 1/2 cheeseburger for dinner and nothing good in between. Didn't eat anything healthy all day. 5407. Would have to look in the archives but betting that's my highest day maybe ever
    - Work out for 90 minutes: Didn't walk but worked out for 39 minutes
    - Invest 15 minutes in personal development: TEDx: One Thing to Know About Your Brain That Will Change Your Life. Familiar ground but good to reinforce being aware when you're on auto pilot. Be mindful.
    - Invest 15 minutes in professional development: Nope
    - Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Shoveling and chipping ice
    - Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch: Yeesh. Not easy to report.
    - Eat between 8 and 6: Went to 6:30. First time over in a long time
    - Revisit my commitments in the afternoon: Nope

For Wednesday it's another new day, a new opportunity. I can't give in.

-I'm grateful for the many experiences in my life. The exotic and the simple. Texas will always be home and my bride and I made a long weekend in Padre Island, staying at a budget motel. Great time together and always a good memory.
    -1900 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes, make it happen:
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    -Get back on track. Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch.
    -Eat between 8 and 6:
    -Revisit my commitments late in the afternoon:

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    edited February 2021
    Thanis90 wrote: »
    Eek! It's been a busy few days. I've not checked in here but still been living in to update weight and food diary.

JFT 24/02/21

Health Goals!
    🥛 Drink 2L water!
    🍽️ Stay under my calorie goal!
    Home Goals!
    🧹 Clean the Bathroom!
    🧺 Do Linen Laundry!
    Time for me!
    📺 Catch up on the Soaps!

I'm down 1.7lb since my last check in with you guys so thankfully I've been semi on track! I hope you're all keeping well and staying safe ❤️ I've got my smear tomorrow 😟 wish me luck 😬

Do you live in the UK? What soaps do you watch :)?

Oh and good luck on your smear test, I've only had one so far, they're honestly not the best are they lol!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY 2/23/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2. Stay within my calorie range :/
    3. Drink 64 oz or more of water (WATER CHALLENGE) :)
    4. NO diet coke :)
    5. Don't snack after 8pm :)
    6. Go for a walk :)

JFT 2/23/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day
    2. Stay within my calorie range
    3. Drink 64 oz or more of water (WATER CHALLENGE)
    4. NO diet coke
    5. Don't snack after 8pm
    6. Go for a walk

Yesterday I couldn't stop snacking! And for some reason I craved cheese like crazy. Ugh... Oh well, yesterday is over and today's a new day.

@PackerfaninGB Sorry to hear you've been sick...hoping you feel better soon!!

@BEX953172 That's so funny about your glasses...LOL. For me it was cameras...I can't tell you how many cameras I dropped and broke through my early years of marriage. After awhile I wouldn't even use them...I'd make my hubby take all the pictures.

@mytime6630 Candy is definitely one of my downfalls...for awhile I was eating a large bag of Peanut M&Ms every other day (OUCH). That was a great idea having your husband put the candy in the basement out of sight. And great job on walking 6 miles!! When I walk I'm lucky to get in 3...lol

@jeschepp Thanks! Once in awhile I have a pretty good day with the smileys...lol! Great job with exercising 3 days in a row!!

@Thanis90 Congrats on your weight loss! And good luck tomorrow!!

@Zizzybumble Great day yesterday! Do you live near the ocean?

@littleblackskirt OMG, I'm glad your new furniture is ok!

@WellingTX I struggled yesterday too...today's a new day though...we got this!! Great job with accountability...I know in the past I've hid calories from my log when I over do it. I don't do that anymore...it doesn't help me. I have to accept and learn from the bad days so hopefully I can have more good ones.
  • ZizzyBumble
    @sarah74_vt I live on the Isle of Skye, Scotland. I look out onto a sea Loch and beyond to the Outer Hebrides. If the weather is bad, I can hardly see the sea! Today it’s very grey and I can’t see the Outer Hebrides. ilw5le3tomr8.jpeg
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2021
    Been MIA for a couple days!! I enjoyed some family time on Sunday. Then Monday and Tuesday my college courses consumed me. The professors are piling on the work since the winter storm thru last week off. I did not log those days but I managed to eat light, complete school work, and caught up on sleep.

I'm ready to rock the next 5 days!!

JFT Wednesday 2/24/2021

Enjoy coffee-time
    Self-care
    Manage a few household items
    Attend class in-person
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Yoga 45 min session
    BBL DVD 20 min session
    Begin Chem 4314 Exam Prep, Note Cards
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Make Pan fried chicken for dinner (kiddos fav)
    Stay in the green on calories!!!!

It's always nice to read up on how everyone is doing!! Remind yourself, this is a life long journey and no path is perfectly straight!!

Stay strong and press on my friends!! :heart: :blush:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Wednesday Feb 24
    1L of water
    Log all food

UGH - I've been too busy to get on here, I will tonight. It looks like there is a lot for me to catch up on.

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    @sarah74_vt I live on the Isle of Skye, Scotland. I look out onto a sea Loch and beyond to the Outer Hebrides. If the weather is bad, I can hardly see the sea! Today it’s very grey and I can’t see the Outer Hebrides. ilw5le3tomr8.jpeg

Oh wow, beautiful!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    @beachwalker99 Welcome back, it's good to see you too!

@WellingTX We all have a bad day at times. Don't beat yourself up about it, today is a new day.

@sarah74_vt Look at all those smileys! You're doing great getting back on track. Something you posted made me think about my logging. I too am not totally honest on my log some days, especially when I know I'm in the red. But like another's post I recently read, my scale knows what I ate even if my log doesn't.

@ZizzyBumble Beautiful view and photo! Thanks for sharing.

@MLHC1 Glad you made it through the big freeze. Now those are the lists I remember. You are one busy lady!

@Snowflake1968 I remember long distance calls (and the cost!). I always made calls to family & friends during the cheaper rates window.

Recap 2/23 T
    1) X-trained before work YAY :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 13/14 missed last hour of day by only few steps :D 9.3k
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water = closed food diary GREEN 34 :mrgreen: & 13c. Then woke around 1:30 a.m. with mild stomach upset so sat up for hour & ate saltine crackers (shared some with dog). Feeling ok now. Since my scale knows what I did I will log crackers for W.
    4) AJNH (so close) / submit leave request for tax prep meeting = 2/2
    5) Prep lunch, snacks & water bottle / declutter 15 min. / at least one chore = 3/3
    6) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 9:15 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (treadmill before work) = 4/6

JFT 2/24 W
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Walk dog after work if weather clears (misting now)
    4) AJNH (final stages) / security awareness online training (remember to print certificate for manager) / print SS EE / pack for last two days of work at home
    5) 7:00 Lent service / wish sister & BIL happy silver anniversary / wish niece happy 30th bday / declutter 15 min. / at least one chore
    6) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog sometime during day)

Finally, snow & ice have melted on roads. Temps are mild ~ in 30s & yesterday even hit 45! Yippee! If wet on roads doesn't freeze again, I can go outside & walk dog. So happy about that!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited February 2021
    WellingTX wrote: »
    Worked out, was productive in work, chipped ice/shoveled but beyond that it was a train wreck day. I'm struggling.

- 1900 calories: Cheetos for breakfast, hot dog - fries - 1/2 cheeseburger for dinner and nothing good in between. Didn't eat anything healthy all day. 5407. Would have to look in the archives but betting that's my highest day maybe ever

For Wednesday it's another new day, a new opportunity. I can't give in.

You have been doing SO well the entire time you have been online on this thread. I know you are struggling right now .. we have all been there, me including. But what I see from you is consistency, perserverance, determination. The fact that you logged everything that you ate .. the fact that its right down to the calories .. tell me that you are doing great.. your are mindful, you are determined. One slip up day is going to happen .. for me, sometimes its one entire week or weekend. We are not going to be perfect on this journey. We have a lifetime of habits to change .. and that is not easy.

So be very proud of yourself. Proud of how far you have come .. proud of your mindfulness in what you are eating.. proud that you are still here, and NOT giving up!!We are all here for you! Hugs.