Do friends on here help you?

Hi-yo! Back again (unfortunately) and have tried everything to lose weight AND KEEP IT OFF. Maintenance is a real problem for me...y’all know 😢

But wondering if friends on here keep you motivated? What do you look for in friends on here? I want to connect with like minded people who don’t feel like you have to comment just to keep up. Looking to get meal prep ideas, new ideas/workout plans for the gym/the laughs! Gotta share my jokes with somebody, ya dig?

Anyways, if you want please add me and I am stoked to start again for that beach body 🥳

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    I’m kind of lax about posting on the private area where friends can read, and I find that most my friends there never other to post at all. I do appreciate the few who do because I get a different insight and get to know some a little better.

Having read the boards voraciously for two years, however, I consider everyone here on the general boards to be a friend, and YES YES YES they’ve been helpful.

I would not have been as successful as I have without all the commentators here, good or troll’ish, knowledgeable or poorly informed, frequent or infrequent. Everyone contributes and I sincerely appreciate each and every post, insight given or gratefully received, and every snarky *kitten* but funny comment.

• thompsjared3
    thompsjared3 Posts: 25 Member
    The forums help me a ton with meals, workouts, and MOTIVATION! So I agree with you on that. And hey, ya gotta be snarky too right 😜
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    For me, not so much. External motivation doesn't really work for me.

The harry potter challenge group has been my most motivating experience here for me. If you are interested in the idea the intro group can be found here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/125437-hogsmeade-village