Not happy with the progress

According to the prediction at the end of the days honest input into the meal/ calories consumed the forcast has been a little over 14st for me. Unfortunately, after 32 days this is not the case, I have eaten within the daily intake allowance and I have been walking, running, Hiit/tabatta and my weight has not moved in 5 weeks. Baffled...

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited February 2021
    Do you use a food scale? If not, start.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    I wouldn’t say it isn’t working, you are tracking and being active, that’s a huge step in itself. Fat t loss takes so much into account and it sometimes takes several attempts to get the right combo of everything. Are you giving yourself a cheat day or day off? Sometimes that weighs more heavily than overall consumption that we think. Is there anything you aren’t tracking and do you wear a fitness watch? I find apple is very helpful with getting me in a deficit.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited February 2021
    If you want more insightful advice, I suggest you share your diary
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    antony34 wrote: »
    According to the prediction at the end of the days honest input into the meal/ calories consumed the forcast has been a little over 14st for me. Unfortunately, after 32 days this is not the case, I have eaten within the daily intake allowance and I have been walking, running, Hiit/tabatta and my weight has not moved in 5 weeks. Baffled...

2 questions
    Do you measure consumption by scale or guessing weight is correct?
    Did you just start working out along with starting weight loss 32 days ago?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    You’ve lost nothing? Zero? Open your diary. What’s your height and weight? How many calories are you eating? How many “cheat days” have you already had? Are you counting things like beer or alcohol, condiments, coffee creamers, etc? Did you just start exercising recently (muscle soreness causes water retention). So many possibilities.

That prediction thing is absolute piffle. Maybe if you’re an automaton and your days and logging are flawless. I’m not and I’ve still lost weight.

Patience and willingness to adjust are your two biggest friends.

Tell us more and let us try to help you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member

What's your calorie goal? Are you eating back cals, and if so, how much. What are you trying to lose per week? Are you logging? If so, there are common errors (choosing bad entries, for example), so like others have said, it would provide more information if you opened your diary.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Food scale...vet your entries from the database...be consistent...log everything, including things like oils, beverages, veg, fruit, etc...I only mention it because for some reason a lot of people forget or either think this things have no impact on their total calories.
  • antony34
    antony34 Posts: 7 Member

Yes, i am !! Every other day
  • antony34
    I wouldn’t say it isn’t working, you are tracking and being active, that’s a huge step in itself. Fat t loss takes so much into account and it sometimes takes several attempts to get the right combo of everything. Are you giving yourself a cheat day or day off? Sometimes that weighs more heavily than overall consumption that we think. Is there anything you aren’t tracking and do you wear a fitness watch? I find apple is very helpful with getting me in a deficit.

I have a Garmin Fenix 5, I am an ex Army Physical Training Instructor (1986 - 2008) so more used to Training than diet. I am Logging my intake accurately. I think i am not eating enough. I will give this app another two weeks and then speak to a Consultant i was using last year when the Gyms were open. Thanks for your comment
  • antony34
    Diary Shared, nothing to hide lol
  • antony34
    Reference the 32 days . No i have been training regular for a long time. I weigh the food and also use the barcode reader.

• antony34
    Theo166 wrote: »
    If you want more insightful advice, I suggest you share your diary

Shared now public
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member

Yes, i am !! Every other day

Every “other” day? What about the rest?