Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good afternoon,

Baked potato soup with canned chili in it is what I will make for dinner - it will last a couple of nights.

I go shopping so early that I go back to sleep. I have a feeling I will sleep a lot today.

Lana good for you with the walking. Water is your best friend when you get home.

I want to pack up the Christmas things this weekend. We shall see.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Sara - Baked potato soup sounds reeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyyy good! Combine that with some chili, and you do have a comforting winter meal.

I got 3.4 miles clocked today because Delta Airlines surprised me with a gate/terminal change, and I did not have to do the awful schlepp over to Terminal D as usual.

Stay safe and warm everybody ~

Lana
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    I’ll catch up reading what I’ve missed when I get home. Having a lot fun with my son. Gorgeous weather. Take care!
  • LanaCabana537
    7j7060crqcmp.jpeg
    *** February 21 ***

Good morning ☀️

Mother Nature has granted a beautiful sunny day today - a great day for a walk, once it warms up a bit. Grocery shopping is in order for some basics and fresh veggies and some fruit.

*tossing floppy hat onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

266.4 today
    269.6 highest
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Soup pot was FULL and now I have a lot to eat.

Inside day so I will organize, freeze some of the soup, and dont know what else.

Lana 3.4 miles is something to be proud of. Good job and glad you made it safely.

Online sermon starts...must scoot. Got used to watching in less than stellar clothes what to do when I have to go to church again????

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - when it's time to get back to going to church, put on your favorite top, add a pretty string of beads and a brightly colored scarf or shawl or hunk of fabric, and you will be rocking it! Also a straw hat with a festive scarf around it trailing down your back will be fantastic.

Back when I was working (doing disgusting backstage work worthy of ditch diggers), I could be wearing a crummy pair of black pants and a black top with holes in it and fairly ugly brown work boots, but if I mink-oiled the work boots, threw on a voluminous colorful scarf, a bit of jewelry, and some perfume, people thought I looked elegant. Bwah ha ha ha!!!!
    (*sniff - I miss those days*)

I am a tad envious of your full soup pot.

I got to Trader Joe's, and I came away with a LOT of fresh veggies, some blueberries, and other staples. Oh, and some potato chips to ration out over time.....

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    kgdt2xk48m11.jpeg
    *** February 22nd ***

Happy Monday everyone~~

February 22nd eh? This time of year is when I remind myself that bathing suit time is coming, and I'd better get serious now, not in May. 👙

Should I hang a bathing suit in the kitchen or put one in the car so I see it before buying things I shouldn't be eating?
    Do both? Why not?

Lana

267.2 today
    269.6 highest
    255.0 May goal?
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning all!
    Sara - I too am envious of your soup! Sounds like great meals for the freezer!
    Lana - I have my "thinner" pants hanging at the front of my closet. I was in them a year ago - gonna get them there again! Not the way today is going, but I will get there :)
    Maureen - I am glad the weather is nice!
    Tracy - also glad you are thawing out!
    Welcome LadyCh0nic. - I set 5 lb goals (at least I am trying) Up today...too much salt and splurging, so it is more than 5 again :neutral:
    Have a great Monday to all.

CW 196.0
    HW 207
    GW 189
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2021
    Good evening,

Came home and crashed. Soup for dinner - shock. Nice to have meals available so I dont snack too much.

Scale was ugly (didnt do my true weigh in outfit...) but I need 80 steps to get to 6k so that part of it is working well.

Dejunking a little daily so that the serious messes dont look like a reality TV show.

Lana I might put the weight you would like to be or the weight # you would have to lose in your car to remind you.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    55ylpvtokdis.jpeg
    *** February 23 ***

Hi All~~

Just getting us started. I will need to check in around 4:30 or 5PM to make sure that I'm on the healthy road and not in the ditch. Some things will be going on that could trigger a meltdown for me, and I am trying to plan ways to survive it.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

268.8 today (processed food and brownies)
    269.6 highest
    255.0 May goal
  • brennerjlb
    Hi!
    Bright and sunny here! High of 41! I broke out my shorts. LOL not really. But my coat was NOT zipped! LOVE it.
    Lana - sending you on track thoughts! Good luck!

Waves to all! Have a great Tuesday!

CW 195
    HW 207
    GW 189
  • LanaCabana537

Hey All~~

I had an intense 1.5 hour in person consult with my divorce lawyer, and it sent me to the comfort food and alcohol calories. These might be a few tough months. I am going to do the best that I can from day to day with what I eat or drink. I just wanted to check in and acknowledge that.
    Thank you~

Lynn - I want to thank you for your upbeat posts. They help me immensely. I am very grateful. I love looking at your smiling face on your "avatar".

XOXO
    Lana
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    I am back from Miami-a nice trip, and nice to come home to temps above 35F. I didn't even wear a jacket walking the dogs, and got really warm jogging in a tshirt and light hoodie. Woohoo!

I weighed 4 lbs more today than the day I left, but I'm pretty sure most of that is retained water from all the salty stuff I ate. I didn't over-do it. And today I'm back on track, more or less. I am a bit worn out from the long day of travel yesterday, 10 hours and a few miles of walking (airports). My son was here with the dogs when I arrived so that was lovely, even if only for the few minutes we saw each other last night. I was out to work before he got up and went back to his college.

Hoping you are all enjoying the day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana - every step you take walking and every glass of water is in the interest of your health. Walk around your pool 20 times if you must. I find walking when I am microwaving something adds about 500 steps to my pedometer in the course of my day. Give yourself credit for going to the apt and getting advice/consult. That is HUGE.

I am being trained on how to answer insurance questions on the phone - the phone and the caller doesnt bother me but I am being trained by Monster who is being seriously nitpicky. That bothers me.

I purchased things to improve my face - under eye concealer and the a colorant so I can have a real eye brow shape (half went white on me). I am going to fight the Monster by taking better care of how I look.

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    t8fvhfunkyfx.png

ye7qibave2u1.png

sf622ovkbz94.png

• LanaCabana537
    ka0gcgy6o1ta.jpeg
    *** February 24th ***

Maureen - welcome back home - nice to hear that your trip was good √

Sara - thank you for posting those inspirationals!
    Sorry to hear that Monster is sitting on top of you and being picky. That must be totally creepy as well as being annoying and stressful. I hope that the training ends soon.

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member

I had an intense 1.5 hour in person consult with my divorce lawyer, and it sent me to the comfort food and alcohol calories. These might be a few tough months. I am going to do the best that I can from day to day with what I eat or drink. I just wanted to check in and acknowledge that.

Lana

At this point, I fully believe that the comfort food and the alcohol are sometimes the best way we can take care of ourselves. Pamper yourself a bit, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and do it all over again (hey, isn't that a song? :) )

My brother finally completed his six month divorce saga on Monday. Started proceedings in August. By December, his "wife" had spent him $30,000 overdrawn in his bank accounts. She received a cease and desist spending order, defied it, and he finally was able to cut her off his accounts. --Literally the day after she was served with papers, she spent $4000. -- He estimates she spent close to $750,000 in the course of 6 years. S By the end of January, he had everything in the black.

Note: not that he's super rich. He works construction and receives a bonus at the end of each job. Bonus happened to coincide with the need to pay off debts.

Monday was their mediation. Required because she refused to be reasonable. (Seeing a pattern yet? She wanted her truck, $25,000 cash, tax return money for the last two years to the tune of another $25,000, and $2500 a month for the next three years. They were only married 6 years. WHAT?

In an attempt to shorten what is already a super long story--He did not come out of the deal unscathed, but satisfied. She got her truck and $30,000 and has until May 1st to move out of his house. (It was already his house when they married. . . and she wasn't the first woman to live there. She knew that.)

Through all this, he laughs and jokes about it. Makes himself the butt of the joke, because he is such a bleeding heart. He "rescues" women all the time. If you are blonde and thin with a sob story, find my brother. He will bankrupt himself trying to fix it.

My whole family has a bit of a "white horse syndrome". I find the physically disabled men, brother finds the mentally disabled women, and my parents find the financially disabled of all types. Like Pokemon--Gotta catch 'em all.

Maybe this wall of text gave you a bit of a smile or a lift, maybe not.

We finally have our Tennessee winter back. Mid-fifties for temps. Everything is brown and green. Buttercups should be blooming by Friday.

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi all! My MFP app was acting weird. Wouldn’t let me log into community so I tried deleting the app and reinstall well app icon is gone but I can’t redownload but I can search for the app and it pops up? Idk technology sometimes evades me. Just a quick check in and hope everyone is well!

~ Missy
  • brennerjlb
    Hello all!
    Lana - I agree with all the posts about self care. Alcohol is ok, but not too much...just enough to get you through until you are ready to pick yourself up again. I am sorry you have to go through this. BUT try...try really hard not to allow someone else to make you unhealthy. That someone else is rarely worth it. Easier said than done - I know from experience. The last time I found my nightly wine was a bit of a crutch, I started adding sparkling water to my wine to lower the amount I was drinking. And eventually got back to drinking tea instead. It is so easy to sit with that glass for me.
    Sara - that Monster...really I just don't get people. How can someone wake up in the AM and be so crabby and so miserable. Most days I truly feel sorry for my work Monster. All her crabbies cannot be good for her health.
    Maureen - also glad you had a great trip. LOVE visiting my kids.
    Missy - HELLO! Hope you are well.
    Tracy - Green - jealous of that. Buttercups, even more jealous. We are looking mucky and muddy with melting snow - but snow is melting so that is good!
    Waves to all!

CW 195
    HW 207
    GW 189
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2021
    Good afternoon,

Tracy, you have just given me motivation to lose lots of weight and dye my hair blonde!!!! That kind of money is beyond my comprehension but I could handle it for a couple of months!!! Thank you for a different perspective on the world and yes it was amusingly distracting.

Lana - looking for a good card to send you. Time to plant good seeds for Lana.... what do you want the next chapter of your life to be and how can you start moving in that direction?

Just washed my hair - so windy outside it could be a free hair dryer except its too dusty so I would be back at "zero" again.

Lynn my POTM (piss off the monster) now is I have ordered cosmetic products so I can recreate something of an eyebrow (half went white) and under eye correction (rest of us call it concealer) - if I have to face Monster at least make my face look better.

Missy - always good to see you.

here is a link to the best chocolate shortbread I have ever had and it is made in the north SF bay area.

https://rusticbakery.com/collections/all-products/products/chocolate-cacao-nib-shortbread

as I am not allowed to order things online until Lent is over I will have to wait for more, but I just opened the one I got weeks ago from my fruit/veg box- will have to compare prices...

Time to pass out - wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.