Ultimate Accountability Challenge March '21

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
You are invited to join us for the Ultimate Accountability Challenge-March 2021

To qualify for the end of the month Winner’s Circle, there are only 3 rules:

The "3 rules" (log / exercise / under personal-definition of goal intake) allow for maximum personalizing to suit your own tastes and unique-to-you situation.

• any kind of exercise - (and 20 minutes can be either split into multiple sessions if just barely starting to get moving / recovering from an illness or injury or barely a warm-up if you are at a more energetic-high stamina stage)
• any kind of food plan - just log it - we don't check - don't care if you prefer keto vs vegan or have (or don't have) intolerances or medical situations that dictate what's on your list .... yet always happy to respond to shout-outs like "anybody got packable lunch suggestions? less-sugary but still tasty holiday baking ideas? " etc.
• maybe you are cooking for one, or are an empty nester or have various ages of kids in the mix (all of which affect what goes on the grocery list in different ways)
• personal-definition of goal intake might be for weight-shedding / general maintenance / sport-specific (if into lifting, cut-phase this week / bulk phase next or however that works)

You will have a community that embraces and supports you to reach your "best-fit health-lifestyle" goals.
The the rules equally apply to maintaining.

Click the link and add your name to the roster

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139960-ultimate-accountability-challenge-march-2021

Replies

• RangerRickL
    zcublqy4hs7y.png
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND life-changing healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
    You are the boss of which exercises you do; how high your calorie limit will be; and whether to ‘eat-back’ exercise calories burned.

The accountability is regularly posting your daily results for:
    1) At least 20 minutes of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

Those who continue to post throughout the month are honored as UAC Champions. Consistent thoughtful caloric intake; exercise; tracking and posting make Champions
    Click this link to join up today!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139960-ultimate-accountability-challenge-march-2021
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,829 Member
    If you are here clicking this link and reading our comments, you are obviously looking for something to help you with your goals, whatever they may be.

Well, you have found a great group.

What has the UAC done for me? It has been helping me to reframe my mindset. Have I lost weight in the past? Yes Have I exercised a times in the past? Yes But in the past, I typically had those successes with the assistance of a leader (think weightwatchers), a coach (think trainer or class instructor) and then if there was very a stumble, I was gone.

Now, I am 59 and have decided that the only way I can ever consistently succeed is by answering, or being "accountable", to myself. This group, through my daily checking in, supports this developing habit. I first joined Oct 1, 2020 (returned to MFP on Sept 14 two weeks prior). I am currently down 29+ lb (over 45 from lifetime high) and am at my lowest weight since the late 1980's (getting close to wedding weight of 1983). More importantly, exercise is becoming a regular part of my life, and I am hoping its addition is going to help me to get to continue to live life fully as I get older.

Other aspects of the UAC are that the people are great and very supportive, and we talk about plenty of other topics other than just weight and exercise and @RangerrickL opens each thread with a daily post to prompt conversation, varying from serious to light.

If you are looking to change yourself, give the UAC a try. If you are still curious, then check out the current or past months of the group and you can see what we're all like.

Hope to see you in March! I'll be there.
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Why should you join the UAC? Well, here is a bit of my story:
    With the help of the UAC, I finished my 40-lb weight-loss journey to get to maintenance over the course of a year. The community was so supportive and the accountability was strong. It was a true slow-and-steady process to get there. About two months later, I took a break after going to visit family. (Which I think is okay-- it was good for me to rest and refresh.) However, the scale crept back up about 7 lb so I'm back with the UAC! I've already seen results even after just a few days. It's the type of place that I know will 100% help me get back down to maintenance and stay there. If you're looking for a place that will both push you and support you, you've come to the right place!
  • RangerRickL
    bnd8wcvuvada.png
    See above posts!!
    Please read our team member's enthusiastic welcome for you to join the Ultimate Accountability Challenge for March

Click the link below and then add your name to the March team!

• fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    If you are looking for an active group to help keep you engaged in your goals, this is it.

Regardless of your goal, injury recovery, weight loss, weight gain, strengthening, or the extra mile hike/walk/run, you can find support in this team. You are the one who sets your goal and you are the one who meets it on a daily basis. When you are up and post about it, you inspire and pick others up. When you are down and post about it, others pick you up.

There is nothing better than that kind of support.
  • RangerRickL
    @fractaltiger Thank you for your kind support!!!
  • RangerRickL
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND life-changing healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
    You are the boss of which exercises you do; how high your calorie limit will be; and whether to ‘eat-back’ exercise calories burned.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

Those who continue to post throughout the month are honored as UAC Champions. Consistent thoughtful caloric intake; exercise; tracking and posting make Champions
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,667 Member
    Hi, just a quick message to encourage readers of this thread to join us in the UAC!

This will be my third month in UAC – the group is very supportive and inspiring.
    I’m a little old lady (155 cm. 70 years old) and retired and have been maintaining for nearly 2 years now, but I still have to watch what I eat and this group keeps me on the straight and narrow. There have been many occasions when I have been tempted not to log my food but the simple challenge to report in every day keeps me on track.

I am going through difficult times with a seriously sick son and have received so much support and sympathy.

We are a mixed bunch from all over the world - do join us!
  • RangerRickL
    @lesdarts180 and I/we really appreciate you too!! Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm!
  • RangerRickL

• megmo20007
    megmo20007 Posts: 101 Member
    Looking forward to this! Just joined the group!
  • RangerRickL
    @megmo20007 Welcome! Jump in and introduce yourself in the March group. We have a wonderful group to team members.
  • RangerRickL
    See the many positive posts above by current team members. You are invited to join the team!

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Not sure about joining the Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) for March yet? In, the group, I recently wrote...

---
    @RangerRickL I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I want to keep the UAC secret. 🤫 I know, I'm horrid. But then hearing from the new joiners is always so inspiring. I mean, if it wasn't for my curiosity about @calvin20874's super, extra-long stretching sessions, I wouldn't have incorporated some in my routine this month. Also, I was new not so long ago and was welcomed with open arms. Merci, UAC!
    ---

Honestly, semi-private MFP groups like UAC are one of this app's best-kept secrets.

Try it out for a month and see for yourself.

ki2q4al18h2k.jpg

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,456 Member
    @MaltedTea we all hope you joined
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @MaltedTea we all hope you joined

Yup, I'm definitely continuing to bother the UAC family all March too 😉 See you there @snowshoe072
  • RangerRickL
    See the many positive posts above by current team members. You are invited to join the team!