JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    @mytime6630 I really hope you get the vaccine soon. It seems to be a bit of a lottery in the UK as well. I keep hearing of people getting it who should be after me, but we just have to wait until we are called. I don't ignore the phone any more!

I took some full length photos of myself, might not sound a big deal but I never take selfies and am very rarely photographed. I can see a difference (good!) from the last picture I have from late 2019. It's encouraging me to make more improvement. I have a pair of jeans in the next size down I can now wear (unlike Snowflake I keep most of my clothes and I will be able to "shop my cupboard" as I lose weight lol). I also learned from the photos that the jeans which are now a bit baggy are NOT a good look and I should stop wearing them, they actually make me look bigger.

Yeah the vaccine over here is a bit of a lottery I agree!
    My MIL who is under severly clinically vulnerable is still waiting to have hers I think. Yet my brother who's in fine health has had one because he sometimes works in care homes (he's a plumber).
    Ash is getting irritated too having to wait because they did a U-turn on asthma sufferers saying they SHOULD be getting it before others.
    Im quite happy to wait, I'm healthy after all. But I'll get one I think because of Ash but who knows?!

Im glad you've seen a difference in the mirror and not just on the scale! It's a real confidence booster I think!
    I also keep all my clothes. Can't bear to part with them sometimes!

And omg. I had jeans that had actually stretched from my fatness lmao. And once I lost weight they looked bloody awful. Like so bad, and I agree they made me look ridiculous too.
    I bought some. Smaller sized jeans. And fit into an old pair of leggings perfectly, I hadnt worn them for about 6 years maybe?
  • Bex953172
    Not got much planned today I don't think.
    Currently sat in the girls room watching them tidy it. It's taking them foreveeeeeeeer. I've told them they can go in the garden afterwards but it's still taking them a lifetime.

Goals for today

- Pots
    - General tidy up
    - Put clothes away?

Not really sure what to do today.
    If I have spare time I'm going to find my paints I think and repaint the frame on my mirror. Been wanting to do it for ages
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited February 2021
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Maybe instead of thinking of our bad habits we should start thinking of what our good habits were doing for us and if we’ve dropped them look at bringing them back.

Wonderful idea!! I know when I lost weight last year .. nighttime snacking was what I had changed. I was still hungry in the evenings.. but realized it was not really hungry. It was either thirst, boredom, stress, etc etc etc. Last year, when I had the cravings, I went out for a walk. Or even laid down and took a short nap. Of called a friend .. or got on here .. or social media. I did things to distract me. And it really only took a month or so, and I didn't think about eating in the evenings. So this is what I need to concentrate on more.

and.. the water!

I also find it helps to focus on positive actions.

ea4x18mcez66.jpg
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 24 February

Log - will be guessing lunch 😊
    Stay in the green - I’ve pre logged and it’s going to be a challenge 👿 but I don’t mind 😊
    5 fruit and veg 👿 2 - fridge is bare
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals plus extra to try to offset lunch! 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

Our local restaurant is offering takeaway lunch today - crab bisque with crabs from the bay directly in front of them. I’ll be serving it with crusty bread and a glass of wine 😊. It’s been very windy recently and I don’t envy the local fisherman.

Yesterdays lunch was most enjoyable and I’m not bothered that the scales jumped up today. I’ll get back on track today
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 25 Feb

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Food hangover all day. Felt like a slug but powered through.

For Wednesday it's another new day, a new opportunity. I can't give in.

-I'm grateful for the many experiences in my life. The exotic and the simple. Texas will always be home and my bride and I made a long weekend in Padre Island, staying at a budget motel. Great time together and always a good memory.
    -1900 calories: 1334. Very low but wasn't hungry until noon and didn't deprive myself
    -Work out for 90 minutes, make it happen: 86 minutes including a 47 minute, 2.42 mile walk. Outdoor walk for the first time this year. Good for the soul
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development: TEDX Why TED talks don't change your life much. Neale Martin. A day later I recall very little about the 20 minutes other than the unconscious mind rules our behavior if we're not mindful (my word)
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development: Continued an Amy Porterfield Podcast.
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Think so. Chipped and shoved ice/slush and kept up with my stuff
    -Get back on track. Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch. Didn't get to the table but kept dinner in line and didn't snack.
    -Eat between 8 and 6: 11:00 to 5.
    -Revisit my commitments late in the afternoon:Nope.

For Thursday, another new day. Standalone opportunity.

-I'm grateful for my family and the many friends in my life. Today it's a peer in a sister company that I've known for 15 years. We share insights and best practices of working for the same PE firm but more importantly he and I share the same adolescent's sense of humor. His timing of a test or email always seems to come in when I'm frustrated.
    -1900 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes. The flexibility of work from home isn't going to be here for much longer:
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties. Fix the window blind so we can sit at the banquette for dinner:
    -Eat diner at the table and don't snack on the couch:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:
    -Revisit my commitments late in the afternoon. Either do this or try something new.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    Ha ha @Bex953172 stretching jeans is impressive!

I also took a photo of me in my favourite jeans, last worn about 5 years ago, though they're a lot older than that. They don't quite zip up yet, so there's a gap. I put that photo on my laptop as my screen saver, it's a constant reminder that I want to wear them again.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    Thursday, 2/25

Thank you, friends, for your commitment to community and for the warm welcome back. I’ve been reading posts and trying to catch up a bit, but it’s going to take a while. So many thoughts, but for now I just have time to post today’s goals.

Daily Goals – keeping them simple for now
    • Log what I eat
    • Walk or bike
    • Reflect and post
    And for today – 2/25
    • Update LMS/send monitoring reports
    • Grocery shopping
    • Laundry
    • Start meal prep for the weekend

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2021
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Been MIA for a couple days!! I enjoyed some family time on Sunday. Then Monday and Tuesday my college courses consumed me. The professors are piling on the work since the winter storm thru last week off. I did not log those days but I managed to eat light, complete school work, and caught up on sleep.

I'm ready to rock the next 5 days!!

JFT Wednesday 2/24/2021

✅Enjoy coffee-time
    ✅Self-care
    ✅Manage a few household items
    ✅Attend class in-person
    ✅Elliptical 30 min session
    ✅Yoga 45 min session
    ✅BBL DVD 20 min session
    ❌Begin Chem 4314 Exam Prep, Note Cards
    ✅Enjoy my children's personalities
    ✅Be kind and patient
    ✅Make Pan fried chicken for dinner (kiddos fav)
    ✅Stay in the green on calories!!!!

It's always nice to read up on how everyone is doing!! Remind yourself, this is a life long journey and no path is perfectly straight!!

Stay strong and press on my friends!! :heart: :blush:

JFT Thursday 2/25/2021

Enjoy coffee-time
    Self-care
    Manage a few household items
    Attend class virtually
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Yoga 45 min session
    BBL DVD 20 min session
    Begin Chem 4314 Exam Prep, Note Cards :star:
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Make Dinner (undecided currently)
    Stay in the green on calories!!!!

Have an amazing day everyone!! 🌷
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Thurs Feb 25
    1L of water
    Log all food

@jeschepp - I have realized how out of shape I'm in when I had to do some sidesteps at physio on Saturday. I was winded after 5. We have to remember we weren't where we were when we stopped and will have to build ourselves back up again. I am patiently waiting for permission to do that by physio.

@littleblackskirt - I have clothes that are too small, its the bigger ones I got rid of. It's working, as long as I wear the uncomfortable pants it reminds me what to or not to eat that day.

I need to get on with my day. I'll read more this evening.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 2/24 W
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 12/14 & 15.8k
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water :s Including crackers from after midnight night before. Net cals -845, high sodium & 12c
    3) Walk dog after work if weather clears (misting now) :mrgreen: 3.03 mi would've been longer but getting dark & although we both wore our reflective vests, I didn't have my LED vest or dog's LED collar
    4) AJNH (final stages) / security awareness online training (remember to print certificate for manager) / print SS EE / pack for last two days of work at home = 4/4
    5) 7:00 Lent service / wish sister & BIL happy silver anniversary / wish niece happy 30th bday / declutter 15 min. / at least one chore too lazy = 4/5
    6) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers REALLY lazy / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog sometime during day) = 4/6

JFT 2/25 R
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog in afternoon after hubby leaves for work
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) 2nd to last day of work from home: draft AJNH report / keep up w/ emails / PRO s/s comments
    5) Wash towels / boil eggs / make root veg beef stew / declutter 15 min. / at least one more chore
    6) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog during day)

Had wonderful walk in neighborhood with dog after work yesterday, and will again today. Warm enough that I wore only one light winter layer & regular shoes, not the winter walking boots. Had to skip one section of roads as wet on pavement was starting to refreeze right at sunset. SO happy!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Thanis90 wrote: »
    JFT 24/02/21

Health Goals!
    🥛 Drink 2L water! ❌
    🍽️ Stay under my calorie goal! ✅
    Home Goals!
    🧹 Clean the Bathroom! ❌
    🧺 Do Linen Laundry! ❌
    Time for me!
    📺 Catch up on the Soaps! ❌

Yesterday didn't work out quite as planned! I was trying to clear out and prep new house for decorating so I did get a lot done, just not the things I specifically wanted done. Eating wasn't too bad but I need to up my water game!

JFT 25/02/21

Health Goals!
    🥛 Drink 2L water!
    🍽️ Stay under my calorie goal!
    Home Goals!
    🧹 Clean the Bathroom!
    🧺 Do Linen Laundry!
    Time for me!
    🦶 Soak Feet!

Bit late posting but the day is not over yet!

@Bex953172 haha, you'll need to catch up soon as I don't think they stay on catch up TV for more than a few weeks! I quite like Manchester. I've said to my husband that if I ever moved down south I'd like to live in Manchester. We've been a few times, my husband has family in the Oldham area XX

• Bex953172
    JFT 24/02/21

Health Goals!
    🥛 Drink 2L water! ❌
    Home Goals!
    🧹 Clean the Bathroom! ❌
    🧺 Do Linen Laundry! ❌
    Time for me!

Yesterday didn't work out quite as planned! I was trying to clear out and prep new house for decorating so I did get a lot done, just not the things I specifically wanted done. Eating wasn't too bad but I need to up my water game!

JFT 25/02/21

Health Goals!
    🥛 Drink 2L water!
    Home Goals!
    🧹 Clean the Bathroom!
    🧺 Do Linen Laundry!
    Time for me!
    🦶 Soak Feet!

@Bex953172 haha, you'll need to catch up soon as I don't think they stay on catch up TV for more than a few weeks! I quite like Manchester. I've said to my husband that if I ever moved down south I'd like to live in Manchester. We've been a few times, my husband has family in the Oldham area XX

Youre right I think they do like a months worth on catch up. But I've been recording them on the virgin media box lmao.
    We moved to Cheshire for 7 years and it just wasn't the best. Backwards people. So moved back home, I live more in greater Manchester rather than in the City. But I know where Oldham is :)
    I've never been to Scotland! I'd love to go though, I've been as high up as the Lake District lol although I wouldn't know where to go for a holiday in Scotland lol x
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

- up by 10 ✅
    - walmart✅
    - JFT✅
    - QT with Matt✅
    - garbage/reycling can✅
    - edit chapter 8✅
    - fold clothes/listen to audiobook✅/❌Folded the clothes while I watched a hockey game. It started early so I got to watch the whole thing!
    - sweep/mop bathroom✅/❌Swept it but didn't mop. I used the excuse that I didn't want the floor to be wet when I took a shower but that was just dumb. I just didn't want to do it. Makes no sense since our bathroom is the size of like 1/3 of a room.
    - bath/self care✅I didn't take a bath for personal reasons but I did take a nice shower.
    - bed by 8:30✅I actually turned the light off at like 7:55. I was just tired and wanted to be up early bc I went into work at 5:30 this morning

And bc I went to bed so early I woke up at 3 am even though my alarm was set for 4:30...I decided to stay up though. I knew that if I tried to go back to sleep and succeeded I would have a *kitten* of a time getting up with my alarm rang. So I edited my chapter for the day, enjoyed my coffee, and actually ate breakfast. Lol.

Today is gorgeous again too! The wind isnt so cold this afternoon. I'm currently sitting outside as I type this. The sun is shining down on me and I have a cup of coffee next to me. I had planned on taking a nap when I got home from work but once I realized just how nice it was out I said f* that. I need some rays. Lol

Work was really good today. There was only 4 of us but it was relatively slow and we got truck put away by 9:30. With only 3 of us running it after 8. My great mood from yesterday must have rubbed off onto today. Bc before I even realized how nice it was out I was in a great mood. Lol. I even lost my phone for like a half an hour and was like *shrug* It'll turn up. It ended up being inside the pallet jack. Lol. It must have slipped off the top.

ANNNNNND my pretty awesome news!

I'm pretty sure I'm being considered for a promotion. My manager let something slip as I was about to leave and they want to train me on the things that ppl in this new position take care of. I always tell them that I'll learn whatever they want to me. I really enjoy learning and the job is still so simple and the things they want to teach me are also really simple. Lol.

So I guess I'll find out in a while. It would be really cool if I got it! I've been with the company for just over 3 months. I only started the end of November. Lol.

Okay, onto some goals!

02/25/21
    - got up waaay earlier then my alarm✅
    - Work 5:30-1✅Ended up staying until 1:30
    - edit chapter 9✅
    - QT with Matt
    - bring up the garbage can
    - Figure out dinner
    - clean out the fridge
    - Pens game
    - bed by 9
  • Thanis90
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT 24/02/21

Health Goals!
    🥛 Drink 2L water! ❌
    Home Goals!
    🧹 Clean the Bathroom! ❌
    🧺 Do Linen Laundry! ❌
    Time for me!

JFT 25/02/21

Health Goals!
    🥛 Drink 2L water!
    Home Goals!
    🧹 Clean the Bathroom!
    🧺 Do Linen Laundry!
    Time for me!
    🦶 Soak Feet!

Youre right I think they do like a months worth on catch up. But I've been recording them on the virgin media box lmao.
    We moved to Cheshire for 7 years and it just wasn't the best. Backwards people. So moved back home, I live more in greater Manchester rather than in the City. But I know where Oldham is :)
    I've never been to Scotland! I'd love to go though, I've been as high up as the Lake District lol although I wouldn't know where to go for a holiday in Scotland lol x

@Bex953172 Loch Lomond is beautiful, and if you like walking/hill walking, it's perfect. At Andrews is also very nice, quiet and romantic to take other half. Depends what sort of holiday you want though! If you wanted something more lively, definitely a bigger city and something traditional, probably Edinburgh! And you'll need to try haggis and black pudding while you're here if you've not already tried them 😂😂😂 the Lake District is lovely, I was there once many years ago! I love going down to Manchester to see the other side of the family because it gives me an excuse to pop into Blackpool. Can't wait till all this stuff is over and life goes back to normal!! 😭😭 Hope you're staying safe!
  • Thanis90
    JFT 25/02/21

Health Goals!
    🥛 Drink 2L water! ✅
    Home Goals!
    🧹 Clean the Bathroom! ❌
    🧺 Do Linen Laundry! ✅
    Time for me!
    🦶 Soak Feet! ✅

So the bathroom still never got done but I'm quite pleased I got the laundry done considering I am so tired today and my back is breaking from rocking my daughter to sleep for every nap today 😭😭 this separation anxiety is ROUGH!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    🌱🌷💝💘☯️💘💝🌷🌱
    🌱🌷💝FEBRUARY💝🌷🌱
    🌱🌷💝💘☯️💘💝🌷🌱

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 ⏬ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬
    • 25 Jan: 143.8⏬ My lowest weight in over 40 years. 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 ⏫

February Daily Goals: Week 4:
    Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅ 4/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 4/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 4/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 4/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 4/7

Positive intentions for Wed 24 Feb:
    • Meditation 🎉
    • Daily Yoga🎉/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away 🎉
    • Weekly grocery shopping 🎉
    • declutter Fridge 🎉
    • Daily Chores 🎉
    • Puzzles: 🎉 Watch TV: 🎉
    • ZOOM meeting to discuss: 'A walk in the Hindu Kush' 🎉
    • Keep up to date with email 🎉

Positive intentions for Thurs 25 Feb:
    • Meditation 🎉
    • Daily Yoga🎉/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away 🎉
    • Declutter sewing area 🤨
    • Write for 30 minutes😄
    • Daily Chores 🎉
    • Puzzles: 🎉 Watch TV: 🎉
    • Take DH to collect his car from the repair shop (exhaust repairs, his annual MOT is tomorrow)🎉
    • Keep up to date with email 🎉

Positive intentions for Fri 26 Feb:
    • Meditation
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away
    • Weekly grocery shopping
    • declutter Fridge
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Read Ch 1-4: Slow trains to Venice
    • Keep up to date with email

8 x 8oz water
    💦

Terri 🦄
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 Congratulations!!!🥳 That is very exciting, I'll be praying the promotion goes through!! Way to go on your trend this week, you're doing excellent!!

@cschmitz110515 Lol!! Sometimes 80s music jam sessions are necessary :lol: Thanks for the continued support. What's silly is my JFT list only lists the unusual items for the day, not my entire "To-Do" list. But that's the life of a mother of four trying to get a college degree, LOL!!! :blush:

@Thanis90 Motherhood will kick your butt sometimes. Hence my list items: "enjoy my kiddos personalities, be patient and kind" Remember to breathe, these years pass quickly even though it may seem like an eternity, Lol!! (P.S. My soon to be 3 yr old toddler still wakes up in the middle of the night and crawls into my bed :lol: )
  • Bex953172
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    @HEGoddard0928 Congratulations!!!🥳 That is very exciting, I'll be praying the promotion goes through!! Way to go on your trend this week, you're doing excellent!!

@cschmitz110515 Lol!! Sometimes 80s music jam sessions are necessary :lol: Thanks for the continued support. What's silly is my JFT list only lists the unusual items for the day, not my entire "To-Do" list. But that's the life of a mother of four trying to get a college degree, LOL!!! :blush:

@Thanis90 Motherhood will kick your butt sometimes. Hence my list items: "enjoy my kiddos personalities, be patient and kind" Remember to breathe, these years pass quickly even though it may seem like an eternity, Lol!! (P.S. My soon to be 3 yr old toddler still wakes up in the middle of the night and crawls into my bed :lol: )

Caseys 3 tomorrow. She's the ultimate threenager. Omg.