Doubts about weight loss during peri menopause

Hi Everyone,
I’m 44 years old. I have been reading SO many discouraging things about attempting to lose weight during peri menopause. I wonder if anyone out there can share a story of success during this time? Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!

Replies

• Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Have you read the post, Is It Over Yet? The Perimenopause Thread?
  • findingmi
    findingmi Posts: 31 Member
    Yes, thank you, I saw that. I didn’t go too deep, but I didn’t really find stories of people who triumphed despite the peri menopause challenges. I read quite a few personal accounts about symptoms and struggles of peri menopause. Not much about how it still worked out despite all that.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    I'm in my early 50s and lost 47lbs simply by eating a little less than I was burning.

I reached my goal weight a year ago, and then unintentionally lost more when lockdown happened because I was out walking more (got furloughed, so not at work) and because I wasn't in the office where there always used to be an endless supply of snacks to eat. It was easier this time round because I'd found MFP, was tracking what I ate and wasn't kidding myself about my food intake.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    The real advantage I've found to weight fluctuation is that I pretty consistently can tell when my period will start, based on what the scale is doing.

That's maybe backward for most but given how irregular things are right now, that's useful!

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    When I was younger I had active jobs and walked more. For me it is harder to lose weight when my activity is less. Nothing to do with age or hormones.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    I lost around a stone then and have kept it off. So it's not impossible at all.