ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2021
    5ofseven wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    l6drtjekcnw8.jpeg

Pre-move across the country, saved just for @MaltedTea. Don't mind the dirty mirror, just look at the suit please. <3

Forget the mirror...much swooning was had! 😭 And - as a student of this thread's high quality contents - I remember reading about this bathroom's paint discussion lol

Yeah, it eventually got painted. About just in time to sell and move across the country. Took her about a year to make up her mind. She's ordinarily very decisive, but paint is the exception.

I know it's not related to suits but the question popped into my head. A lot of what happens on MFP flies right over my simple little brain so I'm sure I missed something but why are you leaving MFP? :(

@ReenieHJ

Because they'll be along to remove me. Once I show my face, it's only a matter of time, as I'm on the very naughty people list.

When I'm removed, typically all vestiges of me go. Even my answer to you will be no more. You'll eventually convince yourself I never was. It's all very 1984, but without the big hair.

Very naughty list? Unbelievable. :( As in, nope, don't believe it for second.

Hope it's not true. You seem like a straight up thoughtful kinda guy, even though you're not who I pictured you to be. :)
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    l6drtjekcnw8.jpeg

Pre-move across the country, saved just for @MaltedTea. Don't mind the dirty mirror, just look at the suit please. <3

Forget the mirror...much swooning was had! 😭 And - as a student of this thread's high quality contents - I remember reading about this bathroom's paint discussion lol

Yeah, it eventually got painted. About just in time to sell and move across the country. Took her about a year to make up her mind. She's ordinarily very decisive, but paint is the exception.

I know it's not related to suits but the question popped into my head. A lot of what happens on MFP flies right over my simple little brain so I'm sure I missed something but why are you leaving MFP? :(

@ReenieHJ

Because they'll be along to remove me. Once I show my face, it's only a matter of time, as I'm on the very naughty people list.

When I'm removed, typically all vestiges of me go. Even my answer to you will be no more. You'll eventually convince yourself I never was. It's all very 1984, but without the big hair.

Hope it's not true. You seem like a straight up thoughtful kinda guy, even though you're not who I pictured you to be. :)

I am as square as it gets. Like painfully square. Had one girl ever and no alcohol ever kind of square.

However, I'm also a miscreant. Reconcile that how you will. Some of us aren't worth the aggravation in moderating, even when we don't break the rules. :laugh:

Did you visualize me with great boobs AND a beard? Please say yes.

• 5ofseven
    edited February 2021
    l6drtjekcnw8.jpeg

@ReenieHJ

I am as square as it gets. Like painfully square. Had one girl ever and no alcohol ever kind of square.

However, I'm also a miscreant. Reconcile that how you will. Some of us aren't worth the aggravation in moderating, even when we don't break the rules. :laugh:

Did you visualize me with great boobs AND a beard? Please say yes.

I'm not even sure what's being disagreed with. :laugh:

e4xvgbf2qaey.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Yes? :)
    Honestly, I thought either you looked like Imago or more like Cacoether, both of whom are witty and missed. Pick your preference. :)
  • 5ofseven
    Yes? :)
    Honestly, I thought either you looked like Imago or more like Cacoether, both of whom are witty and missed. Pick your preference. :)

They would make GREAT babies
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    j18953wmhwlf.jpg

It's been fun to visit with you all again, but it's time to meander on down the road. If I suit up, I die, so consider this my parting gift for @Kashmir_314_ - think of me fondly, @kinetixtrainer2 and @Deadman_Diggingup, may you always be the best and worst couple in mfp history. Bye again, @CacoEther, smell ya later.

A niece and her fiancee died together unexpectedly in a car crash a couple of weeks ago - they were to be married in March. I put on a suit for their memorials, despite it being live streamed - thanks to covid we sent only one person back home. I tried to smile and take a picture, but even that kind of failed. So nobody saw, but it was the right thing to do, I think. Sometimes suits are old fashioned, sometimes they are things just older guys wear. Sometimes you're the old guy wearing a suit that (almost) nobody will see. Whether it's age or respect for others or just looking good, there's a million reasons it might be appropriate, and maybe after all of this is over it'll somehow come into fashion again.

Wait wut!!! Lieut!? Well I never!...good to see you looking as sharp as ever but so sorry to hear about the circumstances. :disappointed:
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Bump
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    j18953wmhwlf.jpg

It's been fun to visit with you all again, but it's time to meander on down the road. If I suit up, I die, so consider this my parting gift for @Kashmir_314_ - think of me fondly, @kinetixtrainer2 and @Deadman_Diggingup, may you always be the best and worst couple in mfp history. Bye again, @CacoEther, smell ya later.

A niece and her fiancee died together unexpectedly in a car crash a couple of weeks ago - they were to be married in March. I put on a suit for their memorials, despite it being live streamed - thanks to covid we sent only one person back home. I tried to smile and take a picture, but even that kind of failed. So nobody saw, but it was the right thing to do, I think. Sometimes suits are old fashioned, sometimes they are things just older guys wear. Sometimes you're the old guy wearing a suit that (almost) nobody will see. Whether it's age or respect for others or just looking good, there's a million reasons it might be appropriate, and maybe after all of this is over it'll somehow come into fashion again.

I love this. You’re a good dude (ya miscreant square) ❤️
  • 5ofseven
    l6drtjekcnw8.jpeg

@ReenieHJ

I thought you were leaving by choice. That’s lame. 😕 Hopefully there’s a glitch and you’re stuck here. 😊

I am leaving by choice, I'm just not in control of some of the factors. ;)

In fact, I'm already gone. They can't fire me, I quit! :bigsmile:
  • 5ofseven
    l6drtjekcnw8.jpeg

@ReenieHJ

I thought you were leaving by choice. That’s lame. 😕 Hopefully there’s a glitch and you’re stuck here. 😊

Ahhh. So I’ll see you in a week or so? 😉

I realize that is the mfp way, but I tend to stay gone for months to years, at least so far. But if I run out of titsues I'll have to restock.;)
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    l6drtjekcnw8.jpeg

@ReenieHJ

Ahhh. So I’ll see you in a week or so? 😉

I realize that is the mfp way, but I tend to stay gone for months to years, at least so far. But if I run out of titsues I'll have to restock.;)

Sometimes I think that some of the beloved miscreants should be allowed to stay, by virtue of the mfp popular vote. ❤️
  • 5ofseven
    edited February 2021
    s1xqk896ry8e.jpeg

fudgqia4sgnd.jpeg
    The blue is the most versatile suit

What’s the shoe color

Walnut Strands from Allen Edmonds

w51k0nmbrqyz.jpg

I was hoping that’s the color you said! I love that look so much!

They are my favorite, most versatile pair. I have similar in black, but I tend to wear a color palette that works better with browns.

And we probably don't need to disclose how many pairs of shoes I have. :blushing:

I am actually into the brown with black suits look right now too. I feel you on the shoes 😂 although, I always tend to lean towards the same pairs. I have some that are insanely priced, I used to rationalize the cost when I worked in my actual office, now that I’m home 24/7 I look at them like 😤😢🤣💸

@jennacole12

I wonder if women have a different ruleset for colors. For guys, brown shoes with black suit would be faux pas. Black shoes with brown suit might be passable. Might. Depends on the shade of brown.

I've got a dark brown suit, I only wear dark brown leather or navy suede shoes with it. I don't own a black suit though, charcoal or midnight navy is my closest.
  • woollenmonarch
    woollenmonarch Posts: 152 Member
    s1xqk896ry8e.jpeg

fudgqia4sgnd.jpeg

What’s the shoe color

w51k0nmbrqyz.jpg

They are my favorite, most versatile pair. I have similar in black, but I tend to wear a color palette that works better with browns.

And we probably don't need to disclose how many pairs of shoes I have. :blushing:

I am actually into the brown with black suits look right now too. I feel you on the shoes 😂 although, I always tend to lean towards the same pairs. I have some that are insanely priced, I used to rationalize the cost when I worked in my actual office, now that I’m home 24/7 I look at them like 😤😢🤣💸

@jennacole12

I wonder if women have a different ruleset for colors. For guys, brown shoes with black suit would be faux pas. Black shoes with brown suit might be passable. Might. Depends on the shade of brown.

I've got a dark brown suit, I only wear dark brown leather or navy suede shoes with it. I don't own a black suit though, charcoal or midnight navy is my closest.
    Black suit is only worn at funerals. I have one and nobody dies.

I’m a navy suit guy. I’m an investment banker and navy suit is the thing.

However, the profession is not the same anymore. They are not so strict about dress codes and I work on Wall Street.

It started to fade after the 2008 financial crisis. I hope suits come back but millennials and zoomers have killed it.

The coronavirus put suits into the coffin. It’s only worn at weddings and black tie events now. One can still wear a suit to the office but you will be laughed at. Younger employees don’t relate to you if you are in a suit and they make so little they can only afford a white shirt

This is the reasoning behind Jeff bezos or Elon wearing no suit at all. It’s a facade to hoodwink the public that they are simple people but they are billionaires.

My only splurge now is a white shirt, nice pants and shoes. I’ll throw a striped jacket from time to time and that’s about it.

• woollenmonarch
    There is a very unholy association of suits with elitism and wealth. Especially since the emergence of Reddit Wall Street bets and the concept of the retail investor

It’s like citing someone from the KGB or royalty
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    s1xqk896ry8e.jpeg

fudgqia4sgnd.jpeg

What’s the shoe color

w51k0nmbrqyz.jpg

@jennacole12

However, the profession is not the same anymore. They are not so strict about dress codes and I work on Wall Street.

It started to fade after the 2008 financial crisis. I hope suits come back but millennials and zoomers have killed it.

The coronavirus put suits into the coffin. It’s only worn at weddings and black tie events now. One can still wear a suit to the office but you will be laughed at. Younger employees don’t relate to you if you are in a suit and they make so little they can only afford a white shirt

This is the reasoning behind Jeff bezos or Elon wearing no suit at all. It’s a facade to hoodwink the public that they are simple people but they are billionaires.

My only splurge now is a white shirt, nice pants and shoes. I’ll throw a striped jacket from time to time and that’s about it.

I’m a Research Scientist to shorten my title a bit, but you’re right and in the office it is definitely slightly more lax, but for meetings or any type of business related travel or even zoom meetings the men and most women still always wear suits. I only wonder if it isn’t glamorized the way it used to be.
  • woollenmonarch
    s1xqk896ry8e.jpeg

fudgqia4sgnd.jpeg

What’s the shoe color

w51k0nmbrqyz.jpg

@jennacole12

I’m a Research Scientist to shorten my title a bit, but you’re right and in the office it is definitely slightly more lax, but for meetings or any type of business related travel or even zoom meetings the men and most women still always wear suits. I only wonder if it isn’t glamorized the way it used to be.
    That’s neat. What kind of research?

We don’t use zoom because of the China association. Teams is more secure and offers the same services and more robust and integrated with MS collab tools.

Every since the Jeffrey Toobin incident, camera on teams is only optional. We don’t want to interfere with people picking nose and lounging without a shirt or worse playing with themselves.
  • woollenmonarch
    There is a very unholy association of suits with elitism and wealth. Especially since the emergence of Reddit Wall Street bets and the concept of the retail investor

Can't a girl just appreciate thoughtful tailoring and some cufflinks? 😩
    If you’re in New York it’s getting dangerous to venture out in a suit.

One, you get attacked because you are allegedly successful when rest of America is on food stamps. Or you just get robbed because you have things.

Firms advise employees to dress down because of the economic pitfalls associated with people in suits. This is the number one decline for the tailoring industry. Goodwill people say their inventory of used suits is skyrocketing

If office folks don’t buy suits and suit accessories, it kills a whole line of industry. Tailors have almost closed business and are only surviving because of women’s clothes

In fact it would be more appropriate to say suits are increasing in usage among women. That’s a whole another topic.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Actually, I'm in Montreal, Quebec (Canada), and live in a downtown area nestled between the business and tourist districts. Plus, we have many underground walkways so you're still likely to see a suit in the dead of winter.

Last fall, I saw a super sharp gentleman briskly walking in an extravagant rosy/magenta-colored two-piece 🥰. A few weeks ago, there was a super tall guy coming off the commuter train in tortoise-shell glasses dressed as a dapper Dr. Who (minus the tardis). What sights to behold! Mind you, those are extremes in dress presentation. They are outliers but suits aren't rare here. Just - as you say in NYC - perhaps not as common as in the past.

I dunno, I'm chalking it up to this region's history of grasping for world-stage relevancy 🤷🏾‍♀️

As for women in suiting, last year @sweet_ermengarde inspired me to consider wearing mens' oversized button-downs as a dress and add cufflinks to them. Where is she anyway? We're supposed to start a cult or something...
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,010 Member

Can't a girl just appreciate thoughtful tailoring and some cufflinks? 😩
    If you’re in New York it’s getting dangerous to venture out in a suit.

One, you get attacked because you are allegedly successful when rest of America is on food stamps. Or you just get robbed because you have things.

Firms advise employees to dress down because of the economic pitfalls associated with people in suits. This is the number one decline for the tailoring industry. Goodwill people say their inventory of used suits is skyrocketing

If office folks don’t buy suits and suit accessories, it kills a whole line of industry. Tailors have almost closed business and are only surviving because of women’s clothes

In fact it would be more appropriate to say suits are increasing in usage among women. That’s a whole another topic.

Wow......im im NY.....and if you are on Wall St or in any of the money districts, no this is not happening. Now you wanna come strolling down Willis Ave in the Bronx with your sweet little suit on....maybe, if you carry yourself weak, we can lighten yoir load for ya 😉