Costco Scores

Hey everyone!

I wanted to see if anyone has any great Costco foods that they live and die by. I go every 2 weeks and have found some recent gems that I have added to my rotation. This doesn't need to be uber healthy either :smile:

Last week I bought the Amylu chicken breakfast links and they are sooooo goooood yo! 3 links are 130 cals and paired that with eggs and fruit for brekkie.

Also, guilty pleasure, they have these TruFru chocolate covered raspberries/strawberries that are in the freezer section. They are my tasty treat if I have spare calories but I'm obsessed with these things! Be careful....I could eat a whole bag in one sitting tho....yikes!

Just seeing what others are buying so lemme know!

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Usually on my list....
    -Sweet kale bagged salad
    -Rotisserie chicken (Sometimes they have packs of just the leg quarters, which I prefer to the whole chicken)
    -Frozen wild-caught mahi-mahi
    -Frozen wild-caught salmon
    -Frozen Japanese-style fried rice
    -Spiral-sliced ham (when they have it)
    -Sanders sea-salt caramels (dangerous)
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Premeir protein, kirkland bars, zipfizz, salmon patties, paleo sausage (only buy on sale), columbus turkey bacon, columbus sliced turkes, coffee, choclate chips. I get all my produce at winco usually.

Also dog food and toys πŸ˜‚
  • Three pack of Greek yogurt. I have 170 grams with my breakfast.
    Hummus
    Protein powder β€” they have the best price and at least twice a year it goes on sale.

I also get fitness equipment at Costco. They have great prices for yoga pants, mats, foam rollers, weight sets. It’s a little hit and miss in terms of availability.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Kirkland protein bars. Protein powder - whatever's on sale. Boiled eggs in bulk (I've done them at home, too - but they're very convenient). Canned tuna and chicken breast. Butter. Jerky (again for the convenience).
  • thompsjared3
    thompsjared3 Posts: 25 Member
    @SuzySunshine99 i know those caramels and they are danger!!! Haha. I love all the suggestions and I can honestly say I don’t think I have walked out of a Costco without buying a rotisserie chicken 😜
  • thompsjared3
    @Fflpnari great list! Good protein options to get swole πŸ’ͺ🏻
  • thompsjared3
    @tgillies003 im always on lookout for those protein powder sales too! Good advice on equipment. Tryna to get more of a home gym vibe so much appreciated πŸ™ŒπŸ»
  • thompsjared3
    @alteredsteve175 boiled eggs in bulk??? I gotta check this out πŸ₯š Thanks man!
  • My husband and I love the Jacks Salsa, Organic, Cantina. I think those words are on the front. It is more fresh and it is 5 calories for 2 Tbs. My brother loves it and uses it too. He uses it in place of salad dressing. I love it like that or when I have enough calories, I put that salsa and some Atwood's Ranch Dressing on a salad. I also love it on a piece of toast when I can have it. I also love Pumpkin seeds as a snack. It is hard sometimes to not eat too many.
  • thompsjared3
    @annettechristensen1941 i am going to check out the salsa for real! I use salsa as salad dressing too! Great minds right?? And pumpkin seeds don’t get me started. I can go through a bag in one sitting πŸ™€ I might need to stay away from those 😜 thanks for the suggestions πŸ‘πŸ»
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member

Ah, yes, my lazy husband bought these on his last trip to Costco. Not only are they already boiled, but they are already PEELED for you. They are sealed into individual 2-packs within the box, so they last a while. The box he bought yesterday has an expiration date of April 28.

I'm like, why did you buy that egg cooker, then??
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I keep reading this title as "costco scones" and now I want scones :D .

I've never been to costco, but looked it up and wegmans has pretty much everything they carry besides the kirkland brand. I love those trufru things!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

Ah, yes, my lazy husband bought these on his last trip to Costco. Not only are they already boiled, but they are already PEELED for you. They are sealed into individual 2-packs within the box, so they last a while. The box he bought yesterday has an expiration date of April 28.

I'm like, why did you buy that egg cooker, then??

Well, you know, men ... can't kill 'em, can't sell 'em for parts. 😁

My SO complained about the humidity in the house when I steamed a batch of eggs. Which I don't get, cuz' southern Idaho is one of the drier places on the planet. ❓❓❓ HAHA!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Sir Kensington Avocado Mayo
    Sugar Free Bacon
    Avocado Cups
    And for certain locations - the kirkland wine!
  • kristinck1985
    kristinck1985 Posts: 3 Member
    I get this frozen tortilla crusted tilapia from Costco! It's a little spicy. I love it plain or I've used it in fish tacos
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Costco is my main supplier, my recent favs are:
    - Dave's Killer Bread (best bread ever)
    - Kimchi (been adding this to cottage cheese, oatmeal, etc)
    - Macadamia Milk (creamy & only 40cal a cup+
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    edited February 2021
    I like the individual avocado mash (freezes great, 45" in my microwave thaws it perfectly - more versatile than guac). The Gefen shelf-stable beets in boxes. Red lentil and chickpea pasta. 48-oz tubs of Kirkland plain non-fat Greek yogurt. Kirkland goat cheese. Sometimes they have Wildbrine raw sauerkraut. Giant bags of oatmeal, hemp hearts, milled flax seed.

ETA: Dried mangos.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    I actually don't buy a lot of food at Costco because it's just me. So no produce, no dairy, nothing that will go bad before I can get through those giant boxes of them. I also don't have a large freezer (yay apartment living) so can't stock up a bunch there. Some things I do buy though:

Nuts (I got cashews this last trip)
    Boneless skinless chicken breasts (I get the freezer ones because living alone I often just need one piece)
    Rao's pasta sauce
    Eggs
    Rice
    Salmon (portion and freeze)
    Ribeye (the steaks they have are huge so I cut them each in half and freeze)
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    I get this frozen tortilla crusted tilapia from Costco! It's a little spicy. I love it plain or I've used it in fish tacos

I love the tortilla lime crusted tilapia! So convenient to pull out one and stir fry some veggies for a quick meal.

I also highly recommend the frozen salmon burgers. They are all salmon, no fillers.

My husband loves the shelled pistachios and they have a nice mixed nut mix - almonds, pecans, macadamias, Brazil nuts and cashews. He was sure it would take forever to eat the huge jar, but we got through it. πŸ˜‹

There are more things I’ll have to post about later since we are out if them and I don’t remember the exact brand name.