TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options

Replies

• aquitteriamnot
    aquitteriamnot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @brandi_84 Sorry to see you go, but you’re doing great.

I understand how something that’s helpful can also distract you from other obligations. Do what you need to find your balance.
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Weighin:
    CW: 140.8
    PW: 141.1

MUAC for 2/26:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercised: yes - 3.1 miles run/walk with pooch
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Time of Death: Worst timing EVER, actually! u1sm08vhla35.jpeg
    I paid $250 for this treadmill thru FB marketplace and it was the best purchase I have ever made. It kept me on my track to a 60lb loss. I used to take it for granted and give all my credit to MFP and Keto but alas it was also my Buddy the treadmill that kept up my motivation. RIP Buddy! I am truly worried now that I’m going to start ballooning out..I have already decided to finance and ordered a new unused Proform but there’s a COVID related delay in the delivery(due to high demand) so hopefully I can get my butt to the gym in the interim.

So sorry about this. I hope it's not too long before your new treadmill arrives.
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    JMTiv1979 wrote: »
    JMTiv1979
    Sat week 4
    PW 181
    CW 179.6

@brandi_84 thank you so much for all the work you put into this!

A nice milestone loss - welcome to the 170s!
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    aquitteriamnot
    Feb.week 4
    Sat.
    PW:318.1
    TW: 317.4

Nice loss - congrats!
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    Friday 27 February
    Track: no
    Under: probably not
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 16,140
    Water: 64 oz

You always do such a great job with steps!
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 145.0lbs
    CW 144.2lbs

@prehistoricmoongoddess
    Great weigh in! You have been doing wonderfully this month!

@brandi_84

Thank you for all your support.

I've just reached 144lbs, I'm hoping that will last until my next weigh in, and maybe I'll begin April in the 130s.

Terrific - congrats! Yes, I know you can accomplish this goal!
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @brandi_84, I, too, am going to be sorry to see you go, but I, of all people, also understand the need to step away from time to time. You have been an invaluable leader of this team, so thank you for that. I am glad to hear you are still going to be working toward your goals. You have been doing some amazing exercise this month (possibly inspired by the Hogwarts Challenge), but nonetheless, I hope you continue to explore new forms of exercise and to challenge yourself. I have no doubt that we will see you this again in TBBT sometime in the future. Until then, I wish you well!

@HASWLRS Thank you, Lisa.
    The Hogwarts challenge has "forced" me to exercise more. What I learned is that while I was complaining about not having time to exercise or cook a thought out healthy meal, I actually have the time I am just spending it on MFP because I enjoy the interaction. I appreciate all the time you, this team, and many MFP'ers spend here helping others with their journey, I need to take to make sure I am working on my own journey. When I have not been on here I feel down about missing out on the conversation as I am getting behind on posts. So, I was conflicted on making the decision. I will finish out the Hogwart's challenge and take a little social media break. And, I have some big home projects coming up as we move into spring.

It sounds like you have a good plan! After you take some time off, please do come back and share your success!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @aquitteriamnot @JMTiv1979 @richmondwriter You are all heading in the right direction on the scales this morning, so well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    At 4:30 this morning, when I realized I was too awake and too hungry to fall back to sleep, I got up and weighed myself, knowing I was going to go downstairs and consume something. The scales gave me many different readings, even a slight gain (!), but I settled on the same as last week. I did come downstairs and I ended up having a nice warm hot chocolate seeing as most homes are pretty cold in the middle of the night, on purpose. I went back to bed at 7ish and when I finally got up for good around 11 (yes, the day is screwed), I weighed myself again and it said 171.2. So, that's the one I am going to use. (A little concerned about the accuracy of it, though).

WEIGH-IN

Last Saturday: 172.0
    Today: 171.2

Not quite the whole pound, but seeing as I am not doing much exercise this week and have very few real exercise calories to create a bigger deficit, it is about the right rate. I think I have concluded that steps without active zone minutes are not the same as the identical number of steps with active zone minutes. The latter obviously burns more calories.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,493 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Time of Death: Worst timing EVER, actually! u1sm08vhla35.jpeg
    I paid $250 for this treadmill thru FB marketplace and it was the best purchase I have ever made. It kept me on my track to a 60lb loss. I used to take it for granted and give all my credit to MFP and Keto but alas it was also my Buddy the treadmill that kept up my motivation. RIP Buddy! I am truly worried now that I’m going to start ballooning out..I have already decided to finance and ordered a new unused Proform but there’s a COVID related delay in the delivery(due to high demand) so hopefully I can get my butt to the gym in the interim.

@Krysless2 😱 that's so sad. I had an issue with my spin bike earlier this week but my husband was able to fix it. So glad it wasn't fatal. I've been looking at a Peloton but they are several months behind in shipping also. I suppose I really SHOULD order one before my generic bike fails for good. Come on Spring!! 🌷
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to be back on track and forget about all of the other things that I let interfere with my success. I know I will thank myself this summer when it's hot outside. I have been holding steady, but my goal when I started was to lose weight and build strength. Meal planning and batch cooking starts today. I need to protect my time for fitness and my health comes first. #startingforreal ... going to be a team player for March!
  • aquitteriamnot
    Options
    This team has been so helpful in getting me through some extremely hard times in weight loss and just life in general. I Thank everyone for their willingness to help and share aspects of their own lives to benefit someone else. I definitely want to participate in March.

What do I need to do to join?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    This team has been so helpful in getting me through some extremely hard times in weight loss and just life in general. I Thank everyone for their willingness to help and share aspects of their own lives to benefit someone else. I definitely want to participate in March.

What do I need to do to join?

@aquitteriamnot , you are automatically rolled over to the March Challenge, so you need to do nothing, except continue with your weight loss efforts!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I'm ready to be back on track and forget about all of the other things that I let interfere with my success. I know I will thank myself this summer when it's hot outside. I have been holding steady, but my goal when I started was to lose weight and build strength. Meal planning and batch cooking starts today. I need to protect my time for fitness and my health comes first. #startingforreal ... going to be a team player for March!

@RoseyandReady , lovin' your enthusiasm!! There's something about March, and spring being just around the corner, that seems to give everyone a boost of positive energy and optimism! There's five weeks in the March Challenge.....we can do a lot of damage on the scales in five weeks!!
  • aquitteriamnot
    Options
    @HASWLRS

Thanks.
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    At 4:30 this morning, when I realized I was too awake and too hungry to fall back to sleep, I got up and weighed myself, knowing I was going to go downstairs and consume something. The scales gave me many different readings, even a slight gain (!), but I settled on the same as last week. I did come downstairs and I ended up having a nice warm hot chocolate seeing as most homes are pretty cold in the middle of the night, on purpose. I went back to bed at 7ish and when I finally got up for good around 11 (yes, the day is screwed), I weighed myself again and it said 171.2. So, that's the one I am going to use. (A little concerned about the accuracy of it, though).

WEIGH-IN

Last Saturday: 172.0
    Today: 171.2

Not quite the whole pound, but seeing as I am not doing much exercise this week and have very few real exercise calories to create a bigger deficit, it is about the right rate. I think I have concluded that steps without active zone minutes are not the same as the identical number of steps with active zone minutes. The latter obviously burns more calories.

Nice loss!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    2/27/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 5 cups
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I found the March weigh-in sheet for the competition but I'm not on it. So, maybe I missed something?
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,493 Member
    Options
    Saturday 27 February
    Track: no
    Under: no
    Exercise: no

Steps: 6875
    Water: 40 oz

Lazy Saturday
This discussion has been closed.