Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,411 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Cardio Blast Premix #2.

Laurel, Awesome workouts! Nice weather that you are having also, and getting in a good walk. I was able to have my jacket unzipped this morning with our upper 30's. I don't think that we will be seeing daffodils peaking out for quite a few months yet. :D It probably is a good idea to get in the longer sessions of yoga during the lull before gardening/golfing gets into full swing. That P90X does sound like a great idea, will have to pencil that one in for a Saturday. Not of course this Saturday, since I will be on the road up north.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! You and Laurel are making me impatient for those lovely temperatures. We did have some melting going on in the last few days, but there is a lot of snow to go yet. The vaccine has a problem for some people going into anaphylactic shock, so they are monitoring people a lot closer afterward. Most of the older adults that I meet have gone through so many sicknesses that they don't seem to care, since they say that they have lived a good life.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,769 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 14/Legs followed by a 45 minute spin with Peloton and another wonderful walk in 70 degrees and sunshine. B) And later today, I will do Barre.....if my internet cooperates this week.

Thelma, great workouts. These last couple of days with the nice weather have really recharged my energy batteries, that’s for sure. I am hoping our next rotation of full workouts and one body part workouts gives us the best of both worlds when it comes to energy and strength improvements. I am really looking forward to it now that we have modified it a bit. I am hoping to write it all day in the next couple of weeks. I can’t believe we are going into our last segment for this rotation soon! It has flown by for me. My in-laws, both my sisters, my SIL and my BIL are all fully vaccinated now. My sisters and my BIL suffered from a fever and aches the day after their second shots, but it only lasted about 24 hours. The only thing my MIL complained of after their second dose was feeling tired. The effects from the vaccine, especially the second shots, seems to impact younger people more, but I suppose that makes some sense since younger people have stronger immune systems. Based on all of their experiences, I know I will be making a reservation for a vaccine when I can......which will be months away for me unfortunately. Like Laurie said, there are a few cases of anaphylactic shock that happen, but it is worth the risk for me.

Laurie, great workout. I wish I could send some of this warm weather up your way! It has made for a nice break in what feels like a long winter here.....and we haven’t had a fraction of your winter because, well, no snow and below zero temps for us. I agree that most older people seem to have a different and, arguably, better perspective on this virus. During that Virtual Road Trip Cathe did, she mentioned when they opened the gym back up, it was hard to get people to sign up for group classes.....except for her Silver Sneakers Class. All of the older participants felt it was better for them to get out and do things instead of sit at home. I know my in-laws haven’t let it stop them.....much to the frustration of my SIL at times!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,505 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gina B 2000 Steps, STS Disc 15/Back Only and Pure Barre.
    I was scheduled to do legs today but wasn't in the mood for that so I did back.

We had another beautiful day here and Thursday will be more of the same. Rain will move in on Thursday night.

It sounds like my aunt and uncle in El Salvador have covid. Thankfully it sounds mild. I think my aunt is out of the woods. I'm not so sure about my uncle but I hope he is too. My aunt has been sick since Saturday but she didn't sound sick to me when I spoke to her over the weekend.

Laurie, great workout!
    I hope you'll get warmer temps soon! I am scared of the vaccine. I want to know what happens to people who got vaccinated over time. It's too soon to tell as far as I'm concerned.

Laurel, great workouts and we survived another Barre class! LOL

I am with you on the 'reenergized' feeling. I got a little carried away with cleaning today and was tired by the time I started my workouts so legs will wait till tomorrow or Friday.

I think our new rotation will be awesome with the new format. I was really worried about doing two consecutive weeks of full STS workouts.
    I'm glad your relatives didn't have any scary adverse effects from the vaccines!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Lift It HiiT It Legs. Can't believe that there are only a few workouts left in this rotation. Little bit colder out today, and as we go out of the garage to have our walk, we got the unpleasant smell of skunk. I'm guessing that spring is on the way if that creature of nature is out and about. :p

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! Hope that you where able to do the barre workout also. Sounds like another great walk, and I know that if you could you would send us the warmer weather. It has been very nice to see the sun a lot more lately that is for sure. Interesting about the exercise class for the older adults. I want to be like them when I am their age. ;) I follow Joan MacDonald on Instagram, she is 74. She started working out as an older adult, and now her physique is impressive for her age. In one of her post she is doing kettlebell swings and using tubing also. :o I think that she was standing on the handles, and had the middle of the tubing by the handle of the kb.

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts. I really don't blame you for not wanting to do leg work. I was having that problem this morning, but pushed myself through. Sorry to hear that you Aunt and Uncle have Covid. Sounds like they are doing okay, but will keep them in my prayers for further recovery. I don't blame you for being leery of this vaccine. There are to many variables, and it effects people differently.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workouts were STS Disc 15/Back into Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT into Cathe Live Low Impact Cardio Sweat plus Core. My legs are feeling wobbly today after the STS leg workout and barre workout yesterday, but I did also go for a slower, shorter walk today since the weather is still nice. But I stayed away from the steeper hills, that’s for sure.

Thelma, great workouts. I think it was wise to move the leg workout if you were already tired, especially with Barre yesterday. I am feeling it immensely today. I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt and Uncle. I hope they continue to recover.

Laurie, great workout. I can’t believe you are almost done with your rotation either, but then again I am not sure where February went. I will have to look up Joan MacDonald. That sounds the kind of motivation I need right now, especially on days when I am really feeling my years. Sorry to hear you already have a skunk! I am sure you are not anxious for more Rocket encounters with them. :#

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies, Happy Thursday!!

Nothing new here, just enjoying my KCM workouts (cleaned out a bunch of DVDS in the last week that are either too high impact or I just don't enjoy) and the warmer weather (30's...wahoo)! Nothing new on the work front...just in a holding pattern for now.

Laurie, I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better and getting visitors. I bet he's missing your mom and all of her help! Good job getting the workouts in, looks like we were on the same wavelength...I just did that Cardio Blast premix today!

Laurel, your warm weather sounds amazing...I'm jealous! The Barre, leg workouts and Peloton rides make my legs sore just reading about it! Sounds like the walks are helping stretch everything out well!!

Thelma, you're getting some nice weather too, wow! I love your Publix experience, big stores do have a lot of great deals! I don't think the "big" stores here have much to offer but when we were in Vegas I went to an Albertsons and loved it!! Great work on the workouts and I'm with you on the single body part workouts, those are the best!

Have a great evening!!
    Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B. Hiit Walk and STS Disc 15/Biceps Only.

We had a beautiful spring like day today. We were in the low 60's and sunny.
    We finally made it to lunch with our friends and it was so much fun. We hadn't seen them since November. One our friends is now working at the restaurant so we got to say hi. We definitely needed our jackets to eat outside. I ate way too much and was on a food coma the rest of the afternoon. I finally dragged my body downstairs in the late afternoon to do an easy workout.

Laurie, I love that workout! Good job! Spring is definitely on the way!

I had to look up Joan MacDonald and WOW! Amazing transformation! Very impressive for sure!

I passed on legs on Thursday so I'll be doing legs on Friday! LOL
    Thanks so much for keeping my aunt and uncle in your prayers. They are doing better and finally got some antibiotics. I guess that is what people get there.
    How is your dad doing? I hope everything goes well with this weekend with your mom.

Laurel, great workouts!! There was no way I could do legs knowing that Barre was the same day. No wonder your legs were wobbly!

Mu aunt and uncle are better thankfully. I feel better about them in a week or two.

Erika, good keeping up with your workouts!! Chris Freitag is having a special on her membership. $3 for an entire year. I've been saying I'd join but have yet to do it. Too many other choices on YouTube.
    I hope a new position opens up for you at work soon.

If you don't have that Wednesday meeting anymore think about joining us for Barre class. Let me know!

We really had beautiful weather this week. Rain will arrive in the morning and will stick around for a few day. It hasn't rained badly like it did at the end of 2018 and the beginning of 2019 around here though. Back then it was daily, non-stop rain. My body is definitely happy with the single body part workouts.
    My Publix experience was kind of funny. Imagine my idea of fun these days! LOL

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Raw BodyFit. This was an all bodyweight workout, each exercise done for 50 seconds. Overall not a bad workout. I probably will not be online again until Wednesday.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts! LOL about your poor legs, but nice that you where able to go out for another walk. These days just keep flying by, which is a good thing. It was such a dark and dreary Nov-Jan for us. I'm really enjoying this sunshine. Our trip up north should be a good one, since they are saying temps in the 40's up by my parents. Joan should give you some great motivation. Apparently her daughter is a competitive body builder, and together they are going to create some type of workout regime for Joan's followers. She was asking questions recently on what people would like to see.

Erika, Great news on your continuation with the KCM workouts. I really do love her workouts, and am enjoying incorporating them with her RAW ones. My next four weeks will be all Kelly also. At first I'm going to be rotating her Supersculpt and BoxFit. Kelly did post recently that women going through menopause really benefit from boxing. The constant twisting of the waist is what she pointed to, and having to contract the waist also. I want to pull out her New You Coming, that one is so good for a total body workout. I was surprised that I actually pulled out the Cardio Blast workout, because I was always iffy on the step work. This time I really enjoyed it, so I don't know what made me like it more. :D I hope that your work situation gets resolved soon.

Thelma, Nice workouts, despite the fact that you previously where in a food coma. Very nice that you where able to go out with your friends. Have fun with your leg workout today! Glad that your Uncle and Aunt are on a continued recovery. My Dad is doing really well. My SIL said that his speech is getting a lot better. He has a brace for his hand so that his fingers don't stay clenched. He has a new padded wheel chair, so it is more comfortable. He was having a problem being able to stay upright in the previous chair. I'm just glad that he is embracing the PT, unlike my FIL after he had his stroke. ;)

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 15/Biceps followed by a tough 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton. I topped it off with Kristin McGee’s latest 30 yoga/Pilates core workout on Peloton which was pretty tough. It is raining today so no walk yet, but DH (who got back yesterday) and I will keep hoping for a break in the rain.

Erika, great to see you. I am sorry nothing has changed in your job. Great idea to get rid of workouts you no longer enjoy. I keep thinking I need to do the same but, for whatever reason, I am resistant to getting rid of my Cathe workouts. But, some day, I will try some of them again and decide if I can remotely do them and enjoy them anymore.

Thelma, great workout, despite the food coma. I am glad you were able to get out with your friends. I am glad your aunt and uncle continue to improve.

Laurie, great workout. Thank you for pointing me I the direction of Joan McDonald. What a tremendous inspiration. I am definitely going to follow her to see what she recommends as a workout regime. I am so happy to hear your dad is doing okay. I hope all goes well this weekend. I am glad the weather looks good for your visit.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a nice, quiet and cloudy weekend. It rained a little but nothing like what had been predicted.

My workouts on Friday were Peloton Beginner Advanced Ride, STS Meso2 Disc 14-Legs, Stretch and Friday Yoga Flow. The new instructor from Chicago is now teaching the Friday class and it was quite a workout! I love her!

My workouts on Sunday were: Peloton free style and a Barre Strong: Bodyweight HIIT Workout from Chris Freytag's Get Healthy UTV. I finally joined.
    The Barre workout was more HIIT than barre but it was good. There aren't as many barre classes available though. I want to incorporate a second barre class into my week. I like that these classes are easy compared to Erin's class! LOL

Laurie, great workout! I hope your trip up north is going well and that your parents are OK. Was your dad moved to the rehab facility yet? I am glad he is doing better and showing good signs of improvement! PT is so important in a situation like this. I'm glad he is embracing it too. Sounds like he is in a good hospital!

Friday was a tough workout day for me. It felt good!

Laurel, great workouts! I need to try the Peloton and Barre workouts!
    I hope your weekend wasn't too rainy. I'm glad your DH is back home with you!

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope your weekend was good. We had temperatures in the 70s both days so did a bit of work on trying to get the lawn and garden ready for spring. It felt good to work outside. We got hit with a pretty good storm last night which brought quite a bit of rain. But since we have been so dry, I welcome it. The temperatures have also fallen into the 40s for the high today.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith’s 40 minute Mega Burn walk from her Walk On series followed by 60 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was a fun circuit/metabolic workout combo of Cathe Live Metabolic Circuit followed by Cathe Live 3-3-3. Today was a 60 minute spin with Peloton followed by 45 minutes of Pilates with Peloton/Kristin.

Thelma, great workouts! Yay for joining Chris’ GHUTV! At that price, it has to be worth it. Unfortunately I am going to be missing barre on Wednesday. DH was able to get an appointment for a vaccine shot, and I am going to go with him to see how the process works. But I am hoping to finally try one of the Peloton Barre classes to make up for it. I would love to get up to two barre classes a week as well or at least one Pilates and one Barre each week. I just love how those programs work my body so differently. I am not surprised that barre you did wasn’t as tough as Erin’s barre. Frankly, I don’t want to do any barre class that is tougher! Cathe’s Turbo Barre is the closest I have seen a class come to being as tough, and that is 20 minutes longer. So I will miss that this week, but I will be back next week for sure.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were ICE Metabolic Total Body, Barre and Ashtanga Yoga. I tried a 20m Peloton Barre class today and it was just OK. I didn't like the first half of the class too much talking about how she'd learned barre and instructions. At one point the instructor was talking about how to stand properly and next thing I know she started dancing and it wasn't ballet. The second part was much better. She did a great ab workout.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a good weekend and good enough weather to work on your lawn and garden!
    We are definitely having the same weather again. We had crazy rain Sunday night and by Monday afternoon it became windy and the temps had dropped into the 40's.

Great workouts! I bet Kristin's Pilates class was great! I'll have to check her classes out.
    GHUTV has a lot of classes to offer. I wish it was like the Peloton site where classes taken get marked as taken. I also would like to add a pilates class to my weekly routine. So many choices and not enough time!
    I don't think anything we find online will be as difficult as Erin's class.
    How wonderful about your DH getting an appointment to the first dose of the vaccine. I read today that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is a single dose vaccine and doctors in Boston worked on it. I haven't looked but would like to know how the J&J vaccine is different than the other two.
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with an oldie—Maximum Intensity Strength. I think this was my first Cathe strength workout, and I remember buying it in 1999! But it is such a good workout. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Ready, Set, Step. This was from the summer of 2018, and I don’t ever remember doing it. It is one of Cathe’s better live step class. It was all choreography and was effective without being overly intense. Perfect for today.

Thelma, great workouts. That is interesting about the Peloton barre workout. I am not sure I would have liked that, but I am glad the core work was worth it. I think one of the reasons I like Kristin McGee so much is she doesn’t normally stop a workout to fully explain something and if she does, it isn’t for long. She has mentioned it a few times about Pilates, but I think this rings true for her and yoga as well.....that one of the best things she likes is the flow of exercises and a goal is to do the workout in one big flow of movement. That style really appeals to me, and even though I have done other Peloton Pilates classes by instructors other than Kristin, the difference in approach is pretty evident. Anyhow, DH is anxious to get his vaccine so he can more safely go see his parents without risking illness for himself. He is also headed back to Alaska sometime soon, and I know I will feel better about that. I don’t know much about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine except for the fact it is single dose and, from a little I read this morning, appears to be almost as effective as the other vaccines after several weeks. But I don’t know if the process used for the body to identify and attack the virus is the same. I am so not a medically-minded person, so I have a tendency to go a little cross-eyed when people start talking about proteins and cells and whatnot. I try, though!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies!!

I had a good weekend with a mix of relaxing and enjoying some warmer weather (40's!) and attending my DS's hockey game. I continued on with my purging of DVDs. Some KCM and some Cathe got cut. I really am trying to focus on the ones I will continue to reach for and are fun/motivating.

We decided yesterday to book a trip with the boys to Tucson for Spring Break later this month. In 2 years the boys will both be off to college so not much more family trip time left. We are staying in a house so we can keep to ourselves and enjoy some hiking together where our exposure to others is socially distant. I'm looking forward to different scenery for a week.

Laurel, I am pulling out some old Cathes this week and MIS is on the list. Today was Power Hour and I did Leaner Legs yesterday. Sounds like perfect weather in the 70s, I can't wait until we hit that here!

Laurie, I like your Raw/KCM DVD idea, sounds like a perfect mix! Is that snow starting to melt there? I think you have more snow cover there. We have about half of our yard where there is no snow now. Hoping it's all gone soon!

Thelma, sounds like a nice lunch, I'm glad you had decent weather to be outside. Wednesdays I still have my meeting during the Barre class time. I don't think that will change unless I get this new position which I'm patiently waiting to open up.

Enjoy your evening! I'll talk to you soon!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were a Peloton ride and STS Total Body.

Laurel, fantastic workouts! I can't believe you remember when you bought that workout!

I don't think you would've liked the Peloton Barre workout I did either. I'll try Kristin's workouts next time.
    It is definitely a good thing that your DH was able to get an appointment to get the vaccine if he is going to be going to Alaska again.

I found this video where this doctor compares the J&J vaccine to the other two.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTXP5FFBvhI

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute spin with Peloton and Cathe’s Turbo Barre from her LIS series.

Erika, sounds like you have been doing some fun ‘oldies’ workouts. I think the ones I will have to start getting rid of are some of Cathe’s older step routines like Maximum Intensity Cardio, the original Body Max or even IMAX3. I want to try them all again before I do because maybe I can still do them and enjoy them with some modification. Sounds like a nice family vacation you have planned. I have my fingers crossed that DH and I will get back to Colorado this summer. It has been three years since I have seen my sisters, and for DH, it has been five. That is way too long between family visits.

Thelma, great workouts. I truly admire how many times you reach for STS Total Body. That one is such a tough one for me. Anyhow, I was a little surprised to get the email this morning that there will be no more barre classes for a month, but given Erin’s wrist situation and studying for her license, I probably shouldn’t be surprised. I just hope she comes back and does more classes! I realized today in doing Turbo Barre how much stronger Erin’s classes have made me. I did Turbo Barre straight through without a single break, which has only happened on very, very few occasions. Anyhow, thank for for the video on the Johnson&Johnson vaccine. I hope that is the one I can take.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were two GHUTV workouts. Jab Punch Crunch Hiit and Barre. The barre workout was a lower body workout and used bands for a killer little workout.

Erika, I'm glad you're doing well and had a nice weekend. You are so good at purging your DVD's! I can't seem to get rid of the ones I'm holding on to even though 95% of them don't really get used.

How exciting about your family trip to Tucson! Are you still looking at lake houses?

Our Wednesday barre class is unfortunately cancelled until further notice. The instructor is preparing to take her real estate license exam and needs to study. She also needs to have carpal tunnel surgery.

Laurel, great workouts!! I'm so glad you feel Erin's class has helped so much! Popsugar Fitness has a lot of barre workouts on youtube and they always have wonderful instructors. I am going to start trying their workouts. I can't believe you did Cathe's Turbo Barre without taking breaks! Good for you!!

I can't believe it's been three years since you've seen your sisters!

I don't do the complete STS Total Body workout. It is way too long but I do like the shorter premixes which give me a complete workout.

I was surprised and disappointed about Erin's barre class being cancelled for now. I hope she comes back too. Today's class got cancelled because I was the only one who'd planned to attend.

I hope the J&J vaccine is good because if I were going to get a covid vaccine, I would get that one given the choice. Right now the only one offered around here is the Moderna vaccine.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Will have to check out the chat when I can. I got back to work yesterday, but was busy all day catching up. I didn't workout at all when I was up north. Got there on Saturday, and then helped my Mom with a quilt. She had just gotten back from getting her second covid shot. On Sunday the snow started and didn't stop until after 4pm, and then my sister and I got Dad's tractor started. I then proceeded to clear the snow, something I don't do when I'm home at all. :D It was nice, because my Dad has a cab so you really do stay warm. It was a good thing that it was snowing all day, because my Mom was running a fever from the vaccine. On Monday dd and I took Mom up to Duluth to visit with my Dad, so we didn't get home until about 10pm. Tuesday dd and I headed home. My car really got some miles put on it. My Dad is going to have to go into a nursing home, because they say there is more damage to his leg than they had thought. My Mom was pretty upset when the social worker informed her of that.

Yesterday my workout was KCM SuperSculpt W1, and this morning was BoxFit W3.

Hope I can chat more tomorrow!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Hooked on PHA followed by Cathe Live Kickboxing and Core. I also took a nice, long walk since it is sunny and 65.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry Erin’s classes got cancelled yesterday, but thank you for the PopSugar recommendation. I was looking for barre recommendations online yesterday, so you must be reading my mind. I want to keep making progress, especially if there is any chance of Erin coming back. DH got the Moderna vaccine yesterday with no issues. But i expect, like everybody else, he will have some effects from the second shot.

Laurie, welcome back. I am sorry to hear your Dad has to go into a nursing home. Hopefully your parents can find one they are comfortable with for him but, no doubt, this is hard on your Mom. I am glad you were up there to help her with the quilt, the snow and her fever from the second vaccine shot. I hate to say this, but driving the tractor sounds like fun! B) Great job getting back to workouts once you got home after what sounds like a pretty long weekend.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Peloton Beginner Advanced Ride and Cathe's LITE PHA2. I love the PHA workouts!

Laurie, welcome back! You were really busy up north! Good job clearing the snow for your mom. I'm glad you were there after she got the second shot. I'm sorry your dad has to go to a nursing home facility. I don't blame your mom for being upset about it. Is he going to a nursing home permanently?

Great workouts! I hope you were able to get all caught up with work.

Laurel, great workouts!
    There are a lot of barre classes on you tube. They seem more the ballet type like I used to do at the studio so I'll give those a try too.
    Sweaty Betty and Coach Kel. We definitely need to keep practicing some form of barre in case Erin comes back.
    Kim the new yoga instructor from Asheville, NC will be teaching on Thursdays from 12-1 and on Sunday's from 11-12. Sunday isn't convenient for me but I'll be doing the Thursday class.
    I am so glad everything went well with your DH's first Moderna dose. The second dose is the one that seems to cause adverse effects. Hopefully, he'll be OK!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma