2021🌟30-Pound Challenge🌟

Replies

• seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Kathie7661 wrote: »
    Seilidhe, I found I couldn't give up carbs either, so I try to look for options for favorite starch/carb foods. I found a bread by Schmidt called 647 bread. 6g net carb, 40 cal, 7g fiber per slice. I don't feel guilty making a sandwich with this! Also the Dave's Killer Breads are good, healthy grain style. I use cauli & sweet potato blend instead of potatoes, for pasta I'll use zucchini noodles. Tried pasta made from chickpeas, that was horrid, lol. I cook a lot from scratch, so I'm always making 2 versions of dinner.

I'm due for blood work in about 2 weeks too and worried about my a1c. This has kept me away from sugary treats, cupcakes... and absolutely no ice cream allowed in my house since I have no willpower there. Sometimes I have a few pretzel nuggets tho!

I've done the zoodles route. I can do that without too much disappointment. I'll look for the Schmidt bread. There's a "keto friendly" bread in the freezer section at my grocery store, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to pay $10 for a loaf of bread. The Schmidt might be as much, but I think it may have less net carbs so I'll see if I can find it. The diet I'm currently on doesn't allow sweet potatoes or regular potatoes. I use cauliflower "rice" sometimes, but there is no disguising that it is *not* rice. Hahahaha!

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I knew I wasn't the only one on this wagon. :)

Good luck with your blood test. Hope it all comes out better than you hope.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,733 Member
    Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10: 209.7
    January 17: 207.6
    January 24: 208
    January 31: 208
    February 7: 207.2
    February 14: 207.9
    February 21: 210.8

Happy Birthday to me! Whoa... 2.9 pound gain... that was not a great gift to myself.
    I have been off the rails snacking, and it starts today that I’m back on track. I know what I need to do, and I just have to do it. No more self-sabotage. I am worth good health! I deserve to treat myself better.

My family got me an Apple Watch for my birthday and this is my motivation to be the best me I can be.

Here is to a fresh, new week!

Jill 🍎 🍊
  • seilidhe
    Happiest of birthdays to you, Jill! Wishing you many more.
  • Kathie7661
    Kathie7661 Posts: 18 Member
    Good Morning (oops, Afternoon) - the sun is shining today so that always lifts my spirits. Gonna bundle up and head out for a walk soon. My region should be seeing warmer days after this weekend!

Seilidhe - if you are ok with dairy, I tried adding sharp cheddar cheese to the cauli mash or rice... makes it better, but you're right it's still not potatoes or rice! Schmidt bread usually less than $4 in my area.

Jill - belated Happy Birthday!

SW - 171
    Height - 5' 0"
    Age - 59
    GW - 140

1/1/21 - 171
    1/10/21 - 169.5
    1/17/21 - 166.8
    1/24/21 - 166.6
    1/31/21 - 165
    2/7/21 -
    2/14/21 - 165
    2/21/21 - 163.8

Kathie B)
  • seilidhe
    8oe0w6up5rz4.jpg

Height: 5'7" (or thereabouts)
    SW (1/1/2021) = 186.8
    GW = 145-150

1/4 = 186.2
    1/11 = 184.8
    1/18 =183.4
    1/25 =184.0
    2/1 = 182.5
    2/8 = 181.6
    2/15 = 179.2
    2/22 = 183.7

UGH!!!! 4.5 pounds gained. Not surprised I gained, but a bit put out by how much. My own damned fault. I know this. I am the self-sabotage queen. Blah. Anybody ever try hypnosis? And I'm only half-joking.

@Kathie7661, I looked online for the Schmidt bread. Saw that Walmart carries it, so I went over there last night. Sadly, the Walmart closest to me did not have it, but there is another not too far away that the Walmart website says has it in stock. So I'm going to try to get over there tomorrow. Thanks again for the suggestion. :)

My successes this week? Not many, obviously. Still not drinking enough water. I haven't had any chocolate since last Tuesday. I ran/walked 3.5 miles on Saturday and rode my bike for 20ish miles yesterday. I'm not exceedingly fast, but man, it was nice just to be out there. Bit windy though. (There is a short window where I'm happy with the weather here.... that window is on its way to closing real soon).

Tomorrow morning I get my blood tested. That does concern me somewhat. Then, a week from today, I go in for a check-up/follow-up. Partly to see about the "gastritis/acid reflux" diagnosis from Urgent Care a couple of weeks ago, partly to see how I'm doing with my A1C and other stuff. I'm a bit concerned about that stuff too, but still hoping for the best.

Y'all have a good Monday.
  • wwood008
    wwood008 Posts: 31 Member
    Hey all,
    My name is Whittany, I currently weigh around 154. About 2-3 years ago I started my journey with a healthy food relationship. I was 166 pounds and got down to 146, gained weight, lost it, quarantine hit, actually lost some more due to stress (down to 140) and then in October my sweet first born “son”, my pup Diego died unexpectedly and shortly after my mom was told she had cancer. I fell into a pretty deep depression and just gave up entirely. I gained 15 pounds in a month and have been stuck at that mark since then. I am ready to get back to having a better relationship with myself and food, and focusing on self care. I hope I’m not too late to join this group, but I would like to get motivated and lose as much as I can this year!
  • seilidhe
    Never too late, Whittany. Welcome.
  • jm216
    wwood008 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    My name is Whittany, I currently weigh around 154. About 2-3 years ago I started my journey with a healthy food relationship. I was 166 pounds and got down to 146, gained weight, lost it, quarantine hit, actually lost some more due to stress (down to 140) and then in October my sweet first born “son”, my pup Diego died unexpectedly and shortly after my mom was told she had cancer. I fell into a pretty deep depression and just gave up entirely. I gained 15 pounds in a month and have been stuck at that mark since then. I am ready to get back to having a better relationship with myself and food, and focusing on self care. I hope I’m not too late to join this group, but I would like to get motivated and lose as much as I can this year!

Wow... we are here for you Whittany. ❤️
    Jill

• jm216
    seilidhe wrote: »
    8oe0w6up5rz4.jpg

SW (1/1/2021) = 186.8
    GW = 145-150

1/4 = 186.2
    1/11 = 184.8
    1/18 =183.4
    1/25 =184.0
    2/1 = 182.5
    2/8 = 181.6
    2/15 = 179.2
    2/22 = 183.7

UGH!!!! 4.5 pounds gained. Not surprised I gained, but a bit put out by how much. My own damned fault. I know this. I am the self-sabotage queen. Blah. Anybody ever try hypnosis? And I'm only half-joking.

@Kathie7661, I looked online for the Schmidt bread. Saw that Walmart carries it, so I went over there last night. Sadly, the Walmart closest to me did not have it, but there is another not too far away that the Walmart website says has it in stock. So I'm going to try to get over there tomorrow. Thanks again for the suggestion. :)

My successes this week? Not many, obviously. Still not drinking enough water. I haven't had any chocolate since last Tuesday. I ran/walked 3.5 miles on Saturday and rode my bike for 20ish miles yesterday. I'm not exceedingly fast, but man, it was nice just to be out there. Bit windy though. (There is a short window where I'm happy with the weather here.... that window is on its way to closing real soon).

Tomorrow morning I get my blood tested. That does concern me somewhat. Then, a week from today, I go in for a check-up/follow-up. Partly to see about the "gastritis/acid reflux" diagnosis from Urgent Care a couple of weeks ago, partly to see how I'm doing with my A1C and other stuff. I'm a bit concerned about that stuff too, but still hoping for the best.

Y'all have a good Monday.

How did the doctors appointment go?
  • jm216

Today is Wednesday, February 24th... and the first day is Spring is March 20th...so we are only 24 days away from the first day of Spring here in the United States. Can you feel Spring Fever... I know I can.

The sun is out in Michigan this morning, and Roxie and I had a nice 1 mile walk around the neighborhood. It’s actually 41 degrees out and sunny. We had to watch for some icy spots on the sidewalks, but all in all it was AWESOME!

Have a great day!

Jill ☀️
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    Starting today:

SW - 149.4
    Height - 5' 1"
    Age - 33
    GW - 115

2/24/21 149.4
    3/3/21
  • kellyisonamission
    kellyisonamission Posts: 14 Member
    Hi all!
    I'd love to join you on your 30 pound challenge!

SW - 196.9
    Height - 5' 2"
    Age - 34
    GW - 165

2/24/21 = 196.9
  • Snctfyd1
    Snctfyd1 Posts: 6 Member
    I’m a little late to the party but same goals. I started at 232. Today I broke 203! I need to lose 30 more pounds. I am 5‘3“
  • jm216
    Snctfyd1 wrote: »
    I’m a little late to the party but same goals. I started at 232. Today I broke 203! I need to lose 30 more pounds. I am 5‘3“

You’re just fashionably late! Welcome!
  • jm216
    5t0ogiatrme0.jpeg
  • jm216
    Just wanted to send everyone some ❤️
    elmitpmogsaa.jpeg
  • Late as well, but I want to join you guys too - I need some accountability! I'm going to weigh in every Monday morning, and I hope all of you will motivate me to log my weight.

I am an emotional eater, I enjoy good food, and I eat when I'm bored. But I'm trying to do better and be nicer to myself about it. I was getting healthier and eating better prior to the pandemic, but gained 10 lbs since last March. I'm going to try to lose it again this year.

Starting weight: 164 lbs
    Goal: 145 lbs
    Stretch goal: 132 lbs

We can do this!
  • jm216

Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10: 209.7
    January 17: 207.6
    January 24: 208
    January 31: 208
    February 7: 207.2
    February 14: 207.9
    February 21: 210.8
    February 28: 212

Successes this week- working out every day with Gina B- Up to the Beat Fitness on UTube.
    Happy to get in my 30 minutes of exercise every day and walk the dog every day. Logging my food... all of it.

Setbacks- overeating. Snacking junk food.
    The hardest part of weight loss.

I am working on getting it all of the cogs to work together. Here is to a new month and upcoming Spring!

Jill 💐
  • wwood008
    wwood008 Posts: 31 Member
    First weekly weigh in Monday
    3/1/21- 137.4

I’ve decided to focus on giving myself weekly goals not related to weight. Last week my goal was to drink 32 Oz of water first thing in the morning. This week my goal, on top of that, will be to exercise 3 days a week. I want to focus on small changes and build on those. Here’s hoping for a good week for all of us! 💪
  • seilidhe
    Looky there... it's a new month. We are 1/6 of the way through 2021 already. I'm sort of on track for that 30 pounds this year. Hope y'all are too.

SW (1/1/2021) = 186.8
    GW = 145-150

1/4 = 186.2
    1/11 = 184.8
    1/18 =183.4
    1/25 =184.0
    2/1 = 182.5
    2/8 = 181.6
    2/15 = 179.2
    2/22 = 183.7
    3/1 = 181.4

Success this week - My blood work came back fantastic. My A1C is still a bit high (but within just a couple of points of "normal"), my cholesterol was good, my thyroid was good, everything else was well within normal ranges, and from the time I started this journey with this doctor in April, according to the scale in her office, I've lost 38.93 pounds. My doctor told me to keep it up and that I was "bad for her business." She followed that up with "That's a compliment."

Setbacks - Stress. Lots of stress. More maintenance/repairs on my truck. Most planned, one thing was not. I keep telling myself that at least it runs and with each repair, it will live a little longer. But the financial aspect is really painful. My main stress comes from my daughter. I mentioned once that I have a daughter that is SMI and undergoing ECT right now. ECT, if you are unfamiliar, is Electro-Convulsive Therapy, i.e. Electro-Shock. They told us things will get worse before they get better, and they weren't just blowing smoke. Some days I wonder if this is worth it. Most days I just hope to hell that it will work... eventually. I didn't get my normal exercise this weekend. I blew off running on Saturday because I had to pick up my other daughter from the car dealership when I normally would have been out there. I figured I'd make it up with a good, long, bike ride on Sunday, but Saturday night, my SMI daughter's paranoia and panic were so strong that she asked me not to leave her on Sunday. And, since yesterday was chilly with a strong, cold wind (cold for this desert rat, anyways), I decided I would not have ridden anyways. I haven't done any videos but I should. And, of course, carbs. Bread... I had bread. Not the Schmidt one mentioned by Kathie, since I haven't been able to find it locally, and I refuse to pay the $20 that Amazon wants for it, but hamburger buns, hoagie rolls, Red Lobster biscuits.... Sigh. Oh, and of course, not nearly enough water.

Plans for the week? Try for more water. Try to get at least one video in during the week. I get my second COVID vaccine on Saturday, so barring any catastrophe and because I don't know how I'm going to react to that vaccine, I plan to run Saturday morning beforehand. If I can ride Sunday, I will. I will watch the carbs and try to keep them (and my calories) a bit lower.

Have a great week, y'all!