Women 200lb+, Let's Keep On Fighting This February!!!

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    February Final Check-In. I do check-ins when I make progress and the end and beginning of each month.
    Keri
    67 years old, Height: 5'6"
    SW: 266 lbs (Dec 2019)
    2/1: 263.6
    3/1: 261.8
    4/1: 258
    5/1:254
    7 /1:250.4
    8/1: 249.2
    10/1: 247
    10/19: 245.4
    1/1: 251.2
    2/3: 250.4
    2/6: 256.6 adjusted according to my new scale.
    2/7: 255 -1.6 lbs lost of extra new scale weight
    2/27: 254.8 -.2 but I went up to 257 so this is a loss of 2.2 lbs
    CW: 2/28: 253.4 So more that a lb loss since yesterday and 3.2 loss since getting my new scale earlier in the month. If I adjusted for the difference in my old scale I would be 248ish which is making progress getting rid of the lbs I gained at the end of the year.

1st GW: 220 The lowest weight I got to when I last lost significant weight.
    2nd GW: Onderland 1st, maintain for a few weeks then
    3rd GW: 186 overweight but not obese
    4th GW: 150 lbs. Healthy weight Then evaluate what weight is best for me. I just want to get to a healthy weight for me.

February Goal weight: Under 245 make progress losing. I will see how it goes with the new scale before adjusting this. What I want to see is progress relative to my lowest weight last year which would be under 245 but on my new scale. I may not reach that in March but I am going to try. I usually am really happy with a 4-5 pound loss per month. However I can't accept being at the weight my new scale puts me at. I want to be lower than my lowest weight last year ASAP. I would say that I did lose my 4 lbs this month although I did it at the last day. But even if I lose 4 lbs next month I will still be over 245. I am going to keep that goal of under 245 on my new scale for March.

Goals:
    Get 8+ glasses of water, log in calories daily, get enough sleep and stay under my calorie goal.
    Up N.E.A.T. (steps, stairs, cleaning and cooking)
    Get regular exercise:
    • 2 strength training a week (1 with weights and 1 with resistance bands)
    • 5 days of exercise (Start with 25 minutes and work up to 45-60 minutes for most days)
    Meal plan so we avoid grocery shopping and make healthy meals at home. Limit take out to once a week.
    Take another step towards lowering sugar intake.
    Wait to have breakfast until I feel hungry while I am working remotely.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Lots of people were posting when I was and I missed their posts!

@BeastlyMaple It looks like you have a pretty healthy lifestyle. I think you will have lots of success.

@MuttiNM I wonder how you feel about your diet or what you eat. Is it sustainable in the long run? In other words do you get some joy in your meals everyday? I am speaking to your fear of gaining. I understand. I lost 40 lbs here and had promised myself I would never gain those pounds that I struggled so hard to lose but I did once I started back to work again. I can lose when I have time to concentrate on it. I am now struggling to learn to do that when working fulltime.

I appreciate you sharing your story. Anyway the point is you know how to lose but can you adjust things just a bit and be happy with your exercise and food on a long term basis? You will still probably need to log even to maintain at least for a while and when you see yourself in an upward trend. @Speyerj is my role model for maintenance. We need to find a lifestyle that keeps us happy and healthy for the rest of our lives.

I also think people have had to work on adjusting from seeing themselves as overweight/obese and starting to reform an identity as being slim and fit. I think you have achieved the fit part but will need to make that mental adjustment to seeing yourself as slim. Unfortunately I am still bumping into people when I try to slip past them :/ . I guess for me that weight I got to when I lost those 40 lbs is akin to your original weight even if it is much higher since I hadn't lost all I wanted. It is 220 lbs. That is my 1st goal. Then under 200 lbs.

Please know you and others on here now and in the past are role models for me too. You are inspirational. Losing weight takes so much work on so many levels. I think keeping it off does too. You have reached a wonderful place where you now have to start a new phase of figuring out your ideal weight and how to get there and maintain it. For some those last few pounds are hard to lose. I don't think that will be your problem. You have the drive to do this!
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    Final end of Feb

Age 44
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249
    CW 228
    GW for Feb 225
    UGW 145

2/1: 229 lbs
    2/8: 226 lbs
    2/15: 227 lbs
    2/22: 230 lbs
    3/1: 228
    Total month loss: 1 lb

Weekly goals:
    -Continue logging on MFP
    -Work out 3x per week - cardio & strength
    -64 oz of water each day

While the 1 lb may not seem a lot I've appreciated seeing the 226 early on this month. I hadn't seen past 227 in a while. Had the terrible bloating but had a real cycle so it could come down. Monday's are tough for me but wanted to compare against those dates. Goals did my logging. The others lacked a little but was pretty close with both.
  • BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    Hi! I am new to the community forums. At my highest weight on December 11, 2020, I was 315 pounds. I started working on eating healthier around New Year's after spending the holidays stuck at home due to everyone in my house (including myself) having COVID. Since December 11th I have dropped 26 pounds. I don't have a goal weight in mind right now.

Welcome and Hello from Guam. Congratulations on your 26-pound loss and your desire to eat healthier. I started here 20 days ago at about 320 lbs (I am kind of guesstimating this right now because I have to get some scales - my last weigh-in I weighed 301 and I know I had gained some since then so I chose 320 as my starting weight). I will be here to give you any and all encouragement and wish you great success.
  • BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    girlinkaz wrote: »
    Hi all!

First time on here after having read and loved this thread for the past week.

Age 30
    Height 5’6”
    SW 222.1 (Feb 21)
    CW 213.5
    Feb GW 212
    UGW 170 (and then evaluate)

After years of disordered eating and starving myself to stay at 112lbs I put away the scale at 22 and pursued health. Before too long, my disordered eating habits swung the other way and I found myself gaining weight rapidly. From my best guess, I gained the first 50 pounds over 4 years (and was a healthy size 8-10). A stressful job caused me to gain the next 50 in just 2 years, which was not healthy. I’ve maintained my weight for the last two years, adding in exercise during lockdown. I’m determined to get back to a healthy weight - and to do it in a healthy way. MFP is so great for me because, with my disordered eating patterns, it helps me make sure I’m not swinging one way (and eating very little) or the other (and eating way too much).

Love the encouraging vibes in this group! Let’s keep on fighting!

Hello and Welcome from Guam. I agree with you that MFP does a great job at keeping you focused and aware of your eating patterns. I can never say too many good things about MFP! Best of luck on your journey of mindful eating.
  • Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest Weight: 254
    2/1: 239.3
    2/8: 238 (-1.3)
    2/15: 238 (nada)
    2/22: 237.5 (-0.5)
    3/1: 235.6 (-1.9)
    Feb Goal: 235
    Total Feb Loss: -3.7 (woohoo!)
    End of Year Goal: 190
    UGW: 160-165

I am very happy with my progress this month - just shy of my monthly goal but really any loss is great for me in February. We got over a foot of snow here late last week and the shoveling was quite the work out! I slept over 9 hours last night also which probably helped with seeing a good number to officially end the month this morning - and to start the new month! I'm so happy that it is March and spring is on the way! My birthday is also this month, though I don't have any plans. Last year on my birthday my workplace closed to the public as did many other places around the country and the world. This year things are looking a lot more hopeful, and I am feeling that way about my weight loss journey as well! I really feel like this will be the year I get below 200 for good and make these healthy changes permanent!

See you all on the March thread and have a great week!

• Angief05
    Angief05 Posts: 102 Member
    I started Jan 1st at 265 lbs
    Jan 15th - 260 lbs
    Feb 5th - 252.8 lbs
    Feb  14th - 251.4 lbs
    Feb 22nd - 251 lbs
    March 1st 250 lbs
    February was a bit of a tough month, I bounced up and down on the scale but at least in the end I have a loss.
    Since the beginning of the year I am down 15lbs so I am pleased with that.
    Now that the weather is getting better I will become more active, getting out walking as my knees are still giving me grief and don't want to do any crazy workouts just yet.
    Angie

• Angief05
    Angief05 Posts: 102 Member
    Tarzan37 wrote: »
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest Weight: 254
    2/1: 239.3
    2/8: 238 (-1.3)
    2/15: 238 (nada)
    2/22: 237.5 (-0.5)
    3/1: 235.6 (-1.9)
    Feb Goal: 235
    Total Feb Loss: -3.7 (woohoo!)
    End of Year Goal: 190
    UGW: 160-165

I am very happy with my progress this month - just shy of my monthly goal but really any loss is great for me in February. We got over a foot of snow here late last week and the shoveling was quite the work out! I slept over 9 hours last night also which probably helped with seeing a good number to officially end the month this morning - and to start the new month! I'm so happy that it is March and spring is on the way! My birthday is also this month, though I don't have any plans. Last year on my birthday my workplace closed to the public as did many other places around the country and the world. This year things are looking a lot more hopeful, and I am feeling that way about my weight loss journey as well! I really feel like this will be the year I get below 200 for good and make these healthy changes permanent!

See you all on the March thread and have a great week!

I can't find the March thread lol
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    💜💜💜Sorry for the delay! 💜💜💜

Next month's group has been posted in the Motivation and Support forum!

☘️Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!☘️

Thank you Raven for doing this again this month!
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2021
  • BeastlyMaple
    BeastlyMaple Posts: 40 Member
    @MuttiNM Thank you so much for your replies, you've made my shy self feel so included here and comforted! I'll be sure to post more often now! I'm excited to carry on into march with you!
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @BeastlyMaple Looking forward to hearing more from you! I'm excited for continuing on as well, especially since March means spring is getting nearer!
  • BeastlyMaple
    BeastlyMaple Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2021
    MuttiNM wrote: »
    @BeastlyMaple Looking forward to hearing more from you! I'm excited for continuing on as well, especially since March means spring is getting nearer!

if anyone needs to get their butt in shape, it's mother nature! <3
    Thank you!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    @RavenStCloud Thank you Raven for the March thread! Can’t wait to see all you amazing women over there 💪