Weight No More - March 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Good afternoon, I'm Kristie. I have done this group in the past with great results, and ton of motivation and support from this team. I stopped because my nutritionist and I thought I was obsessing about my weight (maybe I was, not sure yet). This led to me staying away from the scale, well that didn't work for me. I gained about 15 lbs since leaving the group. I believe for me consistency will be the key, last week I lost 5 lbs tracking everything and staying on top of my water intake, foods I was eating and my workouts. The weekend was my downfall I didn't consume nearly enough water my food intake wasn't bad but I didn't eat regular meals and I skipped my workouts. I wasn't surprised by the 5 lb weight gain this morning.

I hoping to learn from that and be consistent everyday including the weekends and see what happens. I hope everyone has a good week!
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Hello Everyone! My name is Marcy, my weight has always been up and down but I'm working on making sustainable changes so I can keep the weight off long term. After I had my son my weight went from about 135lbs to about 170 lbs, in 2019 I had enough and started at orange theory and was able to get my weight to 133lb last year. After covid hit I stopped exercising and went back up to about 160 lbs. This month I am going to try and cook the majority of my meals and get atleast 5 runs or hiit classes in a week.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    wo05krr8sy09.jpg
    ir652jj878tt.png
    im4sj6g5qgit.png
    co3badhykd3a.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    6yyzz0trvz8c.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    i0aq1kku3s5v.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @curvycalorie 3.12 %
    2nd @imgwendolyn2015 2.37%
    3rd @klassie12 2.14 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @CurvyCalorie 4.8 Lbs
    2nd @Jactop 4.1 Lbs
    3rd @imgwendolyn2015 3.8 Lbs
    3rd @lindamtuck2018 3.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @izzyred9400
    @Steph1498
    @kerdil08
    @kiay131982
    @apple852hk
    @podperson1
    @TeresaW1020
    @callsitlikeiseeit
    @squeakmnm41

tpqs6of3f7t0.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    9bvvi7wzafk9.jpg
    pdk1n5yqxfvq.png
    m5hc3scyrlod.png
    tcstubocda2s.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    djooi5wqitsj.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    q3ci9yall3ch.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @kerdil08 5.54 %
    2nd @CurvyCalorie 4.60%
    3rd @davidji82 4.58 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @davidji82 12.6 Lbs
    2nd @mlhopp93 12.2 Lbs
    3rd @kerdil08 11.5 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @lindamtuck2018
    @happimess01
    @rachelrjh
    @lelbarou
    @TheresaM787
    @klassie12
    @Bluetail6
    @Pearl4686
    @TwistedSassette

tpdplh1an1k9.png

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello and happy Monday team. I don’t have a lot of time to right now but I wanted to pop in and say hello to the new team members and wish you a very happy and successful March😀
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Goingape weigh in
    Last week 148
    Current weight 147.5
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 425 Member
    Welcome to the new members and I always enjoy reading the introductions of all the team.

@drinkmeyer – love the idea of gaining the muscle, I would also like to do that, not quite sure what to do but I have added strength and trying to eat more protein.

@sleepymom5 – I hope that all went well with the move, so good that you could assist her. Yes, love the clean slate each month!

@minstrelofsarcasm - I love how you point out the little things like taking groceries in, I bet if we thought about it we are all having wins every day.

@ljdanny – married forever and playing with the same few pounds, you could be writing my story! I hope that all your appointments go well and that you get some answers and reli

@gottagetthisdown- hey Kristie, good to meet you. YES, consistency is key as well as finding what works for you individually. What works for one does not necessarily work for another.

@mxlaw90- have a good plan to get back into action. Covid affected so many people in so many different ways. You have the determination to get it done, go for it. I am cheering you on.

@goingape – congrats on the loss this week, keep on keeping on……

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Monday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walking video, PT, stretching and strength

Yesterday went well. It is easy not to overeat when you have no other options but what you packed yourself to eat Lol! I got home around 9 and ended up going to bed because I had the urge to eat. I wasn't hungry, I just wanted chocolate. Today I have a lot of cleaning to do and I need to pack. I am going to the shore with my sister in law. She has some doctor appointments and a mass on Saturday for her husband. It is hard for her to be down there by herself so I am tagging along. I can not get too far off track while I am down there. I think these trips will be happening more often so I need to make a plan for them. I have Wednesday already planned, I am going to workout before we leave. For dinner there is a great place for salads down there so I am going to treat there for dinner. Now for Thursday-Sunday....

I am struggling to find a NSV as @minstrelofsarcasm wanted us to share. Looking back from the beginning of February, I did get back into my routine so that is good. I really got thrown way off track January and February. Other than that, I have no scale victories or NSV

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! xo

@Zumba_Luvah You can do it! I think the spring weather is really going to give us a boost with being able to exercise outside and also with eating. Let's have a good March!
    @melaniedscott It is inspiring how you find workout that you can do with your physical limitations. Your goal got me thinking about where I want to be at the end of the year. I would love to lose 50 pounds too but immediately thought that I could never do that in 10 months. However, once I broke it down into months, maybe I can do it. Now to put it into action!
    @minstrelofsarcasm First of all, I have to disagree with you, you are pretty funny! Smart and funny what a great combination! Love your goals for the month too! Awesome NSVs too! It is amazing to see yourself getting stronger and being an example to others. xo
    @RoseyandReady Nice job with the weight lifting!! Keep it going!!
    @kandi3570 Love your goals for March. You got this! Look at those abs! You forgot your little waist too!! Your hard work is paying off!!
    @debbiewsharpe Thank you for all your support, you have been a great MFP friend. You have given me some insight about maintenance too so I feel a little better prepared when I finally get there. I will keep on keeping on :)
    @dbrinkmeyer Wow! Your post made me wonder what my dexa scan would look like. I have been strength training but I don't know if I am doing what I should be doing. I need to look into this more. I am glad that you have a good plan to do this going forward. I have to say it is also nice to hear in these days when companies have no problem just cutting jobs, you are working to find a way to save them. xo
    @jedaschultz Congratulations on the house!! How exciting and to a new area too.
    @ljdanny I am so happy that February is behind us! Sounds like you had a tough one too. I hope the rheumatologist has some answers for you. I also hope your son gets some answers too. He has had such a tough rode since the accident.
    @gottagetthisdown I am so happy you are back! I think just being consistent is a great way to start back. Let's make March our month!
    @mxlaw90 Sounds like you have a good plan for March! Let's do this!!
    @lennoncpa Sending hugs! I am glad you keep up with your exercise routine during this busy time. I am sure that helps a little with stress too. Just stay away from those nuts Lol! ;)
    @goingape Nice loss! Great way to start the new month!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 1
    PW: 208.2
    CW: 206.6
    Loss: 1.6
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 425 Member
    31-5c99fe5861c0d__700.jpg

I just had to share this image. I know it describes how I feel at times. I am trying to think before I eat. I had a NSV last night. I walked to the kitchen to hunt for a treat. I had many choices, too many choices. I stopped and had a short conversation with myself. "are you really hungry, don't eat cookies - you can have an apple - do you want an apple- no - go walk around the house instead - no I deserve a treat- but that will mess up my diary - I walked until my fitbit hit a good number and went to bed!!!!! I DID NOT EAT SOMETHING SWEET JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT - I CAN DO THIS - YOU CAN TOO - It is OK to talk to yourself, sometimes you get good advice that way.

@jedaschultz - congratulations on the new house, such an exciting time.

@ljdanny - praying that your appointments go well.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    My weight is higher than it's been in a while, and as much as I'd like to blame Girl Scout cookies again, there's a bigger culprit...
    SOLID MUSCLE
    (and maybe a little water weight to help repair it after the butt soreness-inducing workout from last night)

Out of pure curiosity (and a temporary sense of self hatred after seeing the most recent number), I tried on a pair of jeans that hadn't fit me since I went to France, a good 15 pounds ago. I had originally thought that seeing my thighs get caught on the waist of my jeans would kick my butt into gear. And then... WHOOP. They fit. And they look good.

So now I don't feel as bad about being above 170 right now. It still kinda sucks to see the numbers, but at least I know more of that weight is muscle than it was the last time I was above 170. And I feel healthy. And after I chat with my neurologist today about my most recent MRI, I might even confirm that I am, in fact, healthy.

@debbiewsharpe - Congrats on the NSV! I struggle with wanting something sweet after every single meal, and I absolutely understand the struggle.

@tryingagain5 - Great loss!

@gottagetthisdown - Welcome aboard! I'm Ashley, one of the team captains here; let me know if you have any questions about things (of any variety - I am a wealth of useless information).
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walking tape, PT and stretching

I am heading to the shore this afternoon and have a busy day morning ahead. I am not sure if I will be able to check in but I will try. I have been doing well and need to keep this going!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

@tryingagain5 Nice loss! You had a good week!
    @debbiewsharpe Lol! Love that picture! I actually love the idea of asking ourselves when we are snacky if we want to eat an apple or something else healthy. You are right, if we don't want an apple, we aren't hungry! Great job last night, that's the way it is done!
    @minstrelofsarcasm Having those jeans fit is an awesome NSV! I know I do get so wrapped up in the number on the scale that I forget it doesn't tell the entire story.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Way to go @tryingagain5 , keep up the good work!
    @minstrelofsarcasm Yes it pays to try on those old clothes that used to not fit. I was surprised when I did that a while back and the jeans were actually loose.
    Had the second Covid shot this morning. So far feeling good. On the way to the parking lot I was dragging my feet for some reason and tripped. As my husband was helping me get up the policeman in the lot came to see if I am OK and asked if it was a reaction to the shot?! I just told him no I do this too often and for no good reason.

Since reducing the dose of the Keytruda last week my joint pain has reduced a lot. I am definitely less stiff when getting up from a chair. YAY!!!
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    WELCOME MARCH! Welcome new members and faithful returning team mates! I took last month off in every aspect of the word "OFF". I finally got under 200lbs for the first time in about 5 years and decided to take a Maintenance month. Good news is that I'm still teetering at 200lbs, bad news is that personal situations and the declining health of my mother and her extra care have been railing on my mental health. Truth be known, I was considering quitting the group but then I realized that I need this connection with you guys (my online family) to keep me sane! I haven't been much of a motivator as of late, and for that I'm sorry. I'm still here lurking in the shadows and reading all of your challenges and accomplishments, you guys rock every day and for that have pride in yourself!
    (Enough emotional *kitten* for now!)

A little bit about what makes me tick!

I was a former competitive athlete (Cycling in my 20s) trying to live the best life that I can. I was a single Dad who raised my two boys into a couple of very fine respectful men! I worked the same job for 31 years and suddenly I was unemployed because of the company downsizing. I quickly found employment at a wonderful company with a future. The only problem is that it's a second shift position. For thirty years I would get out of work then workout then sleep, to wake up refreshed for the next day. Now, if I workout, it's before work (Therefore my workouts are less than beast mode) and the night shift becomes very difficult because my body wants to recover while I'm at work. I had gained 60 lbs in 3 years of working the off shift. I'm still looking for the balance, but it is becoming easier. I just have to keep working on that balance!
    Balance........That's what life is all about now isn't it!
    MARCH, IN LIKE A LION PEOPLE!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all;
    @KUMEcyclingteam sorry to hear of the difficult time caring for your mom. Glad you are sticking around and happy to hear you are sticking to your under 200! That is an accomplishment.

@minstrelofsarcasm hope you have a good outcome with your mri and dr appt.

@debbiewsharpe your dog picture made me laugh. I relate very much.

@pacsnc6 good news you aren’t as stiff! Hope it continues to improve.

For myself, I’m still struggling with my evening snacking. I’ve brought a few things into the house that are my personal kryptonite. And all of a sudden I’m having a hard time saying no, or stopping at just one portion.

The scale is trending up again and I’m going to be hard at work at reining things. Might be best to just cold turkey it.

My nsv is I have been working doing my exercise classes and I’ve been working hard.

@sleepymom5 your goals for March are great. I am taking a page out of your book.

@gottagetthisdown consistency is key for me too. Welcome!
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Week 1
    Pw 147.2 lbs
    Cw 150 lbs

I know I did not gain 3 lbs in a week, its been a bad 3 days for bloating and I always retain water like crazy when working out more for some reason. That being said I'm cutting down sodium which is difficult since I love salty foods. Finally been back at the gym and do my legs ever feel it, I've increased my speeds for running thanks to my treadmill, but the strength training may get me lol. Goals for the week 5x workouts, more water and less sodium!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    pw 159.6
    cw 158.9
This discussion has been closed.