Re-starting πŸ™ƒ

kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
Sooo did anyone else completely lose all their progress over covid or is it just me? πŸ‘€

Replies

• ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    I regained half of my 32 pound weight loss this winter... πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ I’ve just started working to get my weight back down before it balloons out of control again.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    My Fiance and I did pretty great in 2019... Both lost significant amounts of weight. I can't blame it all on covid, cause we kind of fell off the tracks and willie nillied all over the place staring in July 2019. But Christmas, then Covid seemed to snowball and well it was a really bad year.

So this January we started over.. Thankfully we didn't complete go back to square one, although it was close. We seem to more focused this time, and we keeping telling ourselves were in it for the long haul. So far so good!

Welcome back!

You can do it!
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    But Christmas, then Covid seemed to snowball and well it was a really bad year.

Welcome back!

You can do it!

yeahhhh it was πŸ˜“ the loss of a routine & stress hit me hard. congratulations on restarting! And thank you!

I reviewed my weight logs for the year this morning & had two surprises - one that I’ve actually started losing without really trying yet (just thought it was water fluctuations), and I spiked up all at once. πŸ‘€

omx0ccqqsesj.png
  • mollysmom2009
    mollysmom2009 Posts: 8 Member
    regained all of it. it's like last year never even existed.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    I've been up and down and up and down for years. I'm trying REALLY hard this time to get it under control.
  • BradleyOne2020
    BradleyOne2020 Posts: 1 Member
    I must be Mr. Opposite... Covid been good for my weight loss.. can't go out and eat wings all night.
  • tariqari
    tariqari Posts: 38 Member
    Covid really helped me get my weight in order. I lost all the weight I needed to and hit my long ago established MFP goal of 165lbs. It was quite satisfying. Unfortunately my other health issues, self esteem, general mental state did not improve. Was hoping for a tie in.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    kiela64 wrote: Β»
    Sooo did anyone else completely lose all their progress over covid or is it just me? πŸ‘€
    No, I've put on 30 pounds in the past year. I'm getting back on track though! My goal this week is just to track every day.

• covered1974c
    covered1974c Posts: 1 Member
    I'm starting over today. We've got this!!!
  • nerdherdshepherd8973
    nerdherdshepherd8973 Posts: 16 Member
    Ugh! I know! I just decided to start over too. I need to get back to tracking. It’s stupid stress eating and being stuck at home... near the food ... that I like to eat ... when I’m stressed! πŸ˜†
  • villard5
    villard5 Posts: 1 Member
    Restarting today. It has been a rough winter between covid and back problems I have been overeating and not focused on nutrition. Back retracking today.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I must be Mr. Opposite... Covid been good for my weight loss.. can't go out and eat wings all night.

me too, was not eating out like I use to. Had time to track my calories and journaled, worked on my emotional issues. Realized food is not comfort or doesnt reduces stress. I realized I needed to go to something positive to release my stress and give me comfort. So bikeing and walking/run helped a lot. This was the first winter I did not gain weight. Only 1 person here on the holiday so it was simple and stress free. Making the best of a bad situation I guess. I know when I am stressed I am just adding one more problem on to what I have already got and I had rather be stressed and slim than stressed and fat. Yep, all that journaling.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I maintained weight after an initial jump up - we enjoyed baking a little too much.

Lost some strength during the first two UK lockdowns that closed the gym but had a good cycling year on the cardio side so CV fitness stayed high.
    Lockdown 3 I've tried harder to keep up strength training at home, you have to adapt and overcome.
  • abbie4212
    abbie4212 Posts: 15 Member
    I had a baby right before covid hit and it made me have no motivation to lose the baby weight. Here I am, finally!
  • ajlmfp22
    ajlmfp22 Posts: 54 Member
    COVID quarantine hit me pretty hard when it started, especially when gyms were closed. Before quarantine, I was down to 193 lbs but ended up going up to 211 lbs. Gyms in my area started reopening last September, and currently I've gotten back down to 200 lbs.