Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Replies

• lindseydennison8
    lindseydennison8 Posts: 11 Member
    tc122573 wrote: »
    Happy March!

Height: 5'8.5" (does the .5 even count?? :) )
    Weight: unknown as I haven't weighed in a couple weeks, will check in the morning.

I am going to try to be more active this month. My husband and I bought an exercise bike and it finally arrived last Wednesday night. Got it put together and did my first ride on Thursday and my 2nd (painful) ride on Friday. It's funny how as a kid you don't realize how sore your behind can get from riding a bike haha. I took Saturday off so as to recover a bit and it helped. Sunday's ride didn't hurt as much as Friday HA. I was really excited for the bike to arrive and so far have been looking forward to using it. I am hopeful this trend will continue for me and I have finally found an exercise I truly enjoy.

I am continuing on with WW, and at the same time, being mindful that what I put in my mouth is nutritious and something I enjoy more than the point value at this time. Trying to embrace that better eating habits last longer if you enjoy the food you are eating.

I will try to set a goal weight for the month once I see where I stand after February. Good luck everyone.

What kind of bike did you get? Im currently looking out the window for the mail person, I bought a recumbent exercise bike and I am so pumped to use it. I saw on Amazon (im addicted to amazon since covid) they have wider seats that I believe were gel. If my seat is uncomfortable I will definitely give that a try. Just wanted to say hi and wish you luck. Have a great day stay safe☆
  • lindseydennison8
    megfelz wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm NEWWWW!

SW: 243
    CW: 241
    GW: 150
    UGW: 130

I saw this post/group, so I thought this would be a good place to start. 💜

🍀What are your goals for the spring? Or for March specifically?

So, for spring, I would like to finish the exercise program I just started. For March: I would be happy to break even this month: it's my birthday, my sister's birthday, my best friends birthday, both my daughters' birthdays, my aunt, and my brother in law's birthdays this month so I expect craziness.

🍀Is there anything new you'd like to incorporate into your routine?

Meal planning. Perhaps starting with lunches.

🍀Or a habit you'd like to kick to the curb?

Soda. See if I can go a month. 💪

☘️If there was one piece of advice you could share with women who are just starting out on their weight loss journey, what would it be?

Talk. Talk about your goals, your failures, your successes, your sorrows, your aha moments, your ooops moments. Remember that your human and everyone moment won't be perfect.

✌️💜

Meg

Your March is my April, I used to drink pop/soda all day long everyday. I weighed in at my largest 2 weeks ago at the drs at 247 pounds. I been drinking only water except in the morning my sugar free red bull. I am now 232.6 pounds. I am pretty sure its just water weight that I have lost. It just crazy just from not drinking soda what I have lost so far. Good luck this month and happy birthday to you. You can do it.
  • lindseydennison8
    Just a quick question has anyone used Alli or has known anyone that has? I purchased a starter kit and I am going to give it a try.
  • megfelz
    megfelz Posts: 3 Member
    megfelz wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm NEWWWW!

SW: 243
    CW: 241
    GW: 150
    UGW: 130

I saw this post/group, so I thought this would be a good place to start. 💜

🍀What are your goals for the spring? Or for March specifically?

So, for spring, I would like to finish the exercise program I just started. For March: I would be happy to break even this month: it's my birthday, my sister's birthday, my best friends birthday, both my daughters' birthdays, my aunt, and my brother in law's birthdays this month so I expect craziness.

🍀Is there anything new you'd like to incorporate into your routine?

Meal planning. Perhaps starting with lunches.

🍀Or a habit you'd like to kick to the curb?

Soda. See if I can go a month. 💪

☘️If there was one piece of advice you could share with women who are just starting out on their weight loss journey, what would it be?

Talk. Talk about your goals, your failures, your successes, your sorrows, your aha moments, your ooops moments. Remember that your human and everyone moment won't be perfect.

✌️💜

Meg

Your March is my April, I used to drink pop/soda all day long everyday. I weighed in at my largest 2 weeks ago at the drs at 247 pounds. I been drinking only water except in the morning my sugar free red bull. I am now 232.6 pounds. I am pretty sure its just water weight that I have lost. It just crazy just from not drinking soda what I have lost so far. Good luck this month and happy birthday to you. You can do it.

Thanks @lindseydennison8 . It will definitely be an exhausting month, but I'm motivated! My oldest just started asking for soda, she'll be six. And she's been drinking my husband's caffeine free diet Pepsi and I really don't want her to have that habit. I know first hand how it affects the body. 😫

We got this Momma!
  • tc122573
    tc122573 Posts: 6 Member
    tc122573 wrote: »
    Happy March!

Height: 5'8.5" (does the .5 even count?? :) )
    Weight: unknown as I haven't weighed in a couple weeks, will check in the morning.

I am going to try to be more active this month. My husband and I bought an exercise bike and it finally arrived last Wednesday night. Got it put together and did my first ride on Thursday and my 2nd (painful) ride on Friday. It's funny how as a kid you don't realize how sore your behind can get from riding a bike haha. I took Saturday off so as to recover a bit and it helped. Sunday's ride didn't hurt as much as Friday HA. I was really excited for the bike to arrive and so far have been looking forward to using it. I am hopeful this trend will continue for me and I have finally found an exercise I truly enjoy.

I am continuing on with WW, and at the same time, being mindful that what I put in my mouth is nutritious and something I enjoy more than the point value at this time. Trying to embrace that better eating habits last longer if you enjoy the food you are eating.

I will try to set a goal weight for the month once I see where I stand after February. Good luck everyone.

What kind of bike did you get? Im currently looking out the window for the mail person, I bought a recumbent exercise bike and I am so pumped to use it. I saw on Amazon (im addicted to amazon since covid) they have wider seats that I believe were gel. If my seat is uncomfortable I will definitely give that a try. Just wanted to say hi and wish you luck. Have a great day stay safe☆

Thank you! We got a Nordic Track one, got to be honest, it's pretty fancy! Yesterday I did a ride through French Polynesia! I think maybe I am getting used to the seat some, though I do have towel folded up on it for a little extra padding that is helping haha. I have hopes that one of these days I will no longer need the extra padding.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @lindseydennison8 I wouldn't recommend Alli. Here's a thread with some stories...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10290083/alli-xenical-does-it-work-please-only-answer-if-you-have-actually-taken-it/p1

At the end of the day, you're a grown adult that can make her own choices, so if you do decide to use it...maybe pick up some Depends first.
  • lindseydennison8
    edited March 2021
    Thank you, I will read it. Have a great day. Update Omg thats horrible..
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    It seems that everyone is excited about March with new goals to achieve. I too am looking forward to March for two reasons: 1) It's my birthday month, and 2) I have an exciting new challenge I'm starting.

This month I am committing to consuming more fruits and veggies throughout the day. Unlike in the past, I am intentionally adding veggies to everything. Fruit will probably still happen by way of smoothies, but I'll get it in. I'll indicate how well the week goes for F&V on weigh in Fridays. Day 1 (today) went extremely well.

Have a great week!

happy birthday month! it is my birthday month too. :) I am doing the same, committing to fruit/veggie with every meal, extra water, and intentional movement. Have a good month!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    azalea4175 wrote: »
    It seems that everyone is excited about March with new goals to achieve. I too am looking forward to March for two reasons: 1) It's my birthday month, and 2) I have an exciting new challenge I'm starting.

This month I am committing to consuming more fruits and veggies throughout the day. Unlike in the past, I am intentionally adding veggies to everything. Fruit will probably still happen by way of smoothies, but I'll get it in. I'll indicate how well the week goes for F&V on weigh in Fridays. Day 1 (today) went extremely well.

Have a great week!

happy birthday month! it is my birthday month too. :) I am doing the same, committing to fruit/veggie with every meal, extra water, and intentional movement. Have a good month!

Yaaay! I'm in the March birthday club! 50 for me, on St. Patrick's Day (always a great day for a birthday bc everyone's in a party mood)
  • goal06082021
    Thank you, I will read it. Have a great day. Update Omg thats horrible..

Yeeeeah. Like I said, I don't recommend it.
  • goal06082021
    I liked the brief, basic yoga routine I started doing last month, so I found another one that looked doable to try this month. Plan is 3 days a week, Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday, in addition to Ring Fit and walking in the park. I could do it, which is great and I'm thrilled about that, but it was pretty challenging! I think it'll get easier as I memorize the sequence, so I don't have to drop out of poses to check my cheat sheet between every one.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2021
    Just a quick question has anyone used Alli or has known anyone that has? I purchased a starter kit and I am going to give it a try.

I have not. That thread that @goal06082021 shared regarding it was interesting.
  • goal06082021
    @Tarzan37 Welcome, Friday weigh-in buddy! What are you thinking of doing for exercise?
  • Laughter_Girl
    @azalea4175 and @wanderinglight Yay for us! March will be a blast.

@megfelz Celebrating the month with you too! Seems like everyone you know has a March birthday. :) Wishing you all the best as you try to make healthy choices throughout the month. You can do it.
  • Laughter_Girl
    @BethCW2963 Sounds like interesting seasons, but I like that you mentioned the positives regarding the beaches. 👍I hope everything continues to get even better for you, and it will as long as you keep looking up.

Also, that image is hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣