I need an Aussie Tribe!

Hi :)
I’m an Aussie gal in my early 50s who needs to lose 35 kg. Am I like you? Who wants to join my tribe so we can support each other on this challenging road?

Replies

• StoltzM901
    StoltzM901 Posts: 2 Member
    Im in lets do this!!
  • nieshynoo1
    nieshynoo1 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi StolzM91 !
    Welcome to my tribe. Where are you from? What’s your goal? Proud of myself today as I walked for 1.5 hrs around a lake, something I haven’t done in a very long time. Had to stretch afterwards though so I can move tomorrow lol. Still getting used to this app and how to use it.
  • southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    Hello! I am also an Aussie girl, early 50’s, need to lose about 19 kilos. Currently watching the same half kilo go up and down. Very annoying!
    (Could that be Lake Burley Griffin, nieshynoo1?)
  • nieshynoo1
    Hi! Welcome to the tribe! Tell me about it with the half kilo thing. So frustrating. I’m in Victoria, so just a local lake. I have walked along Lake Burley-Griffin once though. Where are you from?
  • southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    I am from the NSW South Coast, but Canberra is pretty close.
    *Just did an Aqua Aerobics class. Great! But now I am very hungry...
  • nieshynoo1
    Love water so aqua aerobics would be fun. Haven’t done a class since my 20’s, although I used to swim. Exercise definitely make you hungrier. Harder to be strict after a workout!
  • missm0712
    missm0712 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm from Melbourne and definitely would love to be in 😊
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,530 Member
    I’m in rural NSW 😊
    I’m in my mid-30s and have a LOT to lose (thanks, PCOS!). But I’m down just on 9kg so far just from tracking my calories here and increasing my activity. I like to walk and swim, and I love doing yoga.
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    I'm 31 and living in Christchurch, New Zealand. I need to lose about 55kg.
  • nieshynoo1
    Hi missm0712
    Welcome to my tribe! A fellow Melburnian! Awesome. Look forward to sharing this journey :smile:
  • nieshynoo1
    Hi cyaneverfat
    Welcome New Zealand! Glad to have you in my tribe. We’ve got a lot to lose but we can do it.
  • nieshynoo1
    Hi Twisted Sasette
    Welcome to my tribe. 9kgs lost is great! I love walking and swimming too. I’m walking as my main way to lose weight but I love swimming and yoga, although I haven’t done those for a while.
  • kailey0407
    kailey0407 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Maree, I am also from Melbourne.

I started my weightloss journey in Oct 2019 with Weight Watchers. I lost just over 40kg by October 2020. Then my health deteriorated and family issues caused a lot of stress. The wheels pretty much fell off until last week. I gained 13kg back between October and March, I need to turn things around before ai undo all my hard work. I decided to try out MFP (pretty disgusted in WW and the way they treated staff and customers through covid).

On Monday I had a hysterectomy and pelvic floor/prolapse repair. Hopefully this will solve most of the health issues that derailed me. I feel like my head is back in the game. It is going to be slow going as I am limited in what activity I can do for the next few months but I know if I stay in top of my food and just move as much as I can the weight will drop.

I turn 40 in October and would love to be close to where I was last October by then.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and cheering you on to succeed.

Cheers
    Ree
  • nieshynoo1
    Hi Maree! I only just saw your post here. I didn’t get a notification so not sure why. Welcome! I’m from Melbourne too, in my early 50’s. I’ve done the Weight Watchers thing before too but a long time ago. Still have the books so I use the recipes sometimes. I too have lost weight and put it back on. This time I want to do it without commercial help...just tracking what I eat and exercising. I’m only walking as I have lower back pain and hip/pelvic pain so nothing too taxing until I drop more weight. Happy to be of support on this journey 🙂
  • nieshynoo1
    Ok I have a question: I’m friends with some of you on this thread but not all of you. Do I need to add you?? I’m still working out how this works!!
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    edited April 2021
    I’m an Aussie gal in my early 50s! I have plenty of weight to lose. I live in Adelaide, and would love to be friends with any Aussies or Kiwis! I’ve lost about 6kg so far this year.
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    I'm an Aussie girl, mid 30s with 50kg to lose. Love to have more Aussie friends
  • nieshynoo1
    @XxAngry_Pixi
    @HelenWater
    @kailey0407

I’ve sent you all friend requests. Anyone else on this thread I’ve forgotten please feel free to add me! 🙂
  • nieshynoo1
    Hi everyone, I think MFP is doing weird things. I have friended some of you that are new to this discussion thread but can't seem to see any of your posts on here or on the main newsfeed. Hope you're all still alive lol. I know others have found this happening to them. Someone please post here so I know you're still there?? :smile:
  • kailey0407
    kailey0407 Posts: 9 Member
    @nieshynoo1 I'm here, I was off for a couple of weeks as recovery wasn't going to well. Back now though and trying to get my head in the right space.