JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited March 2021
    Wednesday

- Log all food
    - 8 cups of water
    - Exercise (probs gonna have to force myself to do this one lol)

So this is the month I start again. I took 2 months for my mental health. I suppose its a little bit better but maybe the exercise will help with that too, a lot of people say exercise is the best but it's hard when you feel rubbish to do it in the first place lol. But I'm capable of breaking that vicious circle.

I can tell I've had a stressful few days because of broke out in spots again. Honestly, I look like I've been addicted to meth when I have a breakout because I can't help but mess with my spots. I do have one of the best spot creams though so won't look like this for too long.
    Thank god for makeup and face masks.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFT 3/3/2021
    1) Log my food for the day
    2) Water Challenge (8 glasses)
    3) No Diet Coke

Fell WAY off track for a few days there...ugh. Keeping it simple today.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Protein shake for breakfast :smiley:
    - Quality meeting :smiley:
    - Issue Global report for IV testing :smiley:
    - Incident investigation :smiley:
    - Work on Global report for NC23 :smiley:
    - Home by 4:30 :smiley:
    - Take V to swim :( She canceled for homework
    - Ride Peleton or go for a walk while V is at practice :(
    - Leftover tacos for dinner :( actual had chips and queso
    - bed by 11:30 or so... :smiley:

That sound like about it, of course there are general household things, but I'm good at putting those off.

Not all smiley faces yesterday, but I had forgotten that I needed to meet my other daughter at the boat house and take her to drop off her car for new tires. That and V had to miss swim practice to do a project for school. I watched a little basketball and ate chips & queso instead of tacos for dinner. Not the end of the world. Logged my food and stayed within calories. Ended up with a killer headache last night and shut down early. Feeling much better today, but totally didn't want to get out of bed... I normally work from home on Wednesday's, but needed to come in today for a meeting, ugh.

On today's agenda are meetings & reports, picking up the car, taking V to swim, lifting after swim & laundry. There is ALWAYS laundry.

JFT Wednesday

- Work by 8:00 :( 8:45
    - Protein shake or bar for breakfast :smiley:
    - reports & meetings
    - Protein bar for lunch because I ran out of time to pack lunch
    - another meeting
    - Go pick up Sierra's car
    - V to swim
    - Maybe walk, it's supposed to be nice out
    - Gym with V after swim
    - Dinner with fam
    - bed by 11:30 at the latest

Have a fab day y'all!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited March 2021
    Recap 3/2 T ~ Strong winds forecast this evening, so no plans to walk dog. Rest day needed anyway.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :) 13/14 Fitbit app & website acting weird today
    2) Prelog / net cals zero / 14c water :/ -255 Couldn't resist some apple cinnamon pecan bread after I picked up my order. 14c :mrgreen:
    3) Next section of AJNH report / keep up w/ emails = 2/2
    4) Pick up Breadsmith order / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / declutter 15 min. / update perpetual calendar (March) / at least one other chore = 4/5
    5) Meditation app :# drat my new favorite Drift to Sleep was deleted from the app / unplug 9:00 / wash eyes / floss / retainers / Voltaren / alarm? maybe work out before work? = 7/7 :mrgreen:

JFT 3/3 W
    1) X-trained before work :mrgreen:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    3) Food prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) PA-FA mgmt response & final report / AJNH finish report draft / keep up w/ emails / water office plants / pack for work at home
    5) Mail bday cards on way home / 7:00 Lent service / register for March JMIO / register for Bellin 10k (virtual) / wash dishes (at least some to clear counter) / declutter 15 min. / meal plan & grocery list
    6) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / wash eyes / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Tues Mar 2
    Scale 197.6
    1.5L of Water - :) actually 2L!!!
    Log all Food - :)

JFT - Wed Mar 3
    Scale 198.0
    1.5L of Water
    Log all Food

@littleblackskirt - it must feel great to have some of the paperwork finished for you Dad's estate, are you seeing a light at the end of the tunnel?

@bex953172 - I hear you about not exercising when you have trouble getting through your day. I think we sometimes have to force ourselves, and do just a little to help. In the past year I have taken a 15 minute walk occasionally rather than the 1 hour I know I should. I think when I finally get clearance to start again that's what I'll be doing, building myself up from nothing. Sometimes it's just the "all or nothing" mentality that gets us down. The conversations that happen in our own heads are usually our worst enemy.

@sarah74_vt - You're back that's the main thing

@pridesabtch - I have to say that everytime I see your profile picture I smile. You look so happy and loved in that picture.

I have physio in an hour and a half, I am hoping that some restrictions are lifted. I haven't been in agony now for a couple of days.

We shall see.
    Have a great day everyone.

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

JFT Tuesday 03/02/2021

✅Enjoy coffee-time
    ✅Self-care
    ✅Attend Chem 3308 virtually
    ✅Attend Chem 3108 ST Lab in-person
    ✅CECO Errands, Day 2
    ✅Elliptical 30 min session
    ✅Yoga 45 min session
    ✅BBL DVD 20 min session
    ✅Enjoy my children's personalities
    ✅Be kind and patient
    ✅Make Breakfast for Dinner 😊
    ✅Maintain reasonable calories
    (When anxiety hits, drink stress tea before grabbing a snack!!)

Let's Rock this week!!!! 😉👍

JFT Wednesday 03/03/2021

Mini-AM Errands (Grocery pick-up & bank)
    Enjoy coffee-time
    Self-care
    Attend Chem 4314 in-person
    Mini-PM Errands (mailbox & delivery ZC pens)
    Health Appt
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Yoga 45 min session
    BBL DVD 20 min session
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Make Spaghetti for Dinner 😊
    Youth Church Night
    Start Chem 3308 Exam Note Cards!!!!⭐
    Maintain reasonable calories
    (When anxiety hits, drink stress tea before grabbing a snack!!)

I am surely thankful for all of you!! Stay positive and keep on keeping on my friends!! 🌷🤗🌷
  • GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    Some of y’all overachievers haha!! Kidding tho- inspiring to see all those daily goals and accomplishments.

Mine for today- 1) go for a long walk up to the drugstore for my prescription (I’d usually drive) 2) log everything 3) follow my IF schedule.

Happy Wednesday!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    My weight loss goal this week is -1 lbs  and my My Why's for losing weight today are:  
    (1) My pants are too tight! (2) Wear more fitted tops and stop wearing tunics (3) Increased energy (4) Fitness (5) Healthy (6) Summer Comfort (sweating, clothing, activities, swelling in arm and ankles

What might make me eat when I'm not hungry today? 
    If I eat too fast and don't pay attention to whether I'm full or not, I will overeat. I will eat slower today.

What can I say to myself to stick to my 24H plan today?
    I have many good choices on my plan today. If I'm hungry for something not on my plan, I can add it to tomorrow's plan. If I'm just having urges for something sweet, I will make a cup of hot apple cinnamon tea.

JFT Goals 3/2/2021:
    1. Drink 64 oz water. This is important to flush toxins and meds from my liver and kidneys. This will also help with water retention and puffy sausage fingers.
    2. 30-minute walk with dog.  Muscle strength; cardio; endorphines; body shaping, calorie burn.
    3. Do the next No BS course module online. This is important for thought work, self-talk, motivation, weightloss tips, new insights
    4. 24H Plan and Assess. This is important because it keeps me aware/mindful of what I'm eating in a day. Planning takes the thinking out of preparing a snack or meal. No decisions to make...follow the plan
    5. Journal This helps see which thoughts I have are actually facts (true) and which are just my own crappy thoughts about myself. Paying attention to my self-talk will help slow down or stop emotional eating.
    6. Errands/To-Do's: *Taxes *Post Office for stamps *Mail Marge's package *JoAnne's for 3 yds fabric *Walmart run for Rx and few other items *Rx @ Holmgren office
    7. 15 minutes self-care
    8. 15 minutes of self improvement research (stealing this idea from WellingTx :) )

I am grateful for:
    3. 44 degrees in March!
    4. Body Groove on-demand program
    5. My newly painted sewing area

I like these things about me today:
    1.  I am determined
    2.  I am kind
    3.  My knees don't hurt too bad today

What is one small change I can make today to help with my weight loss?  
    I will measure my mashed potatoes and gravy tonight and not have seconds.

WOTY 2021: Intentional   I will be intentional in my choices!

Life begins where your comfort zone ends...

• PackerFanInGB
    Hi all! Yesterday was a good day, and I met my goals. The only one I didn't meet was walking Maddie, but my husband did walk her for an hour so she was still happy. I started the Body Groove 30-Day Challenge yesterday for activity instead. Somehow, dancing around my basement being silly doesn't "feel" like exercise! :mrgreen:

Does anyone have an Apple watch? I find that mine isn't measuring my activity accurately and I'm not sure what I need to tweak. My heart rate was up for 28 minutes during the Body Groove Day 1 video, but my watch said I was active for 15 minutes. It does that for walks also. Any ideas, or is this just the way it works?

Today I have some running to do, but I plan to spend some time finishing a quilt top this afternoon. Then I'll have 3 quilt tops done, waiting to be finished. I like to sew the blocks together for the top, but I don't like finishing quilts by putting the top, batting and back fabric together. I need to get my butt in gear and finish them soon though because they're stacking up.

Today is a gorgeous day with blue skies and not as windy as yesterday. Hoping to get outside with Maddie and walk today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Bex953172
    Hi all! Yesterday was a good day, and I met my goals. The only one I didn't meet was walking Maddie, but my husband did walk her for an hour so she was still happy. I started the Body Groove 30-Day Challenge yesterday for activity instead. Somehow, dancing around my basement being silly doesn't "feel" like exercise! :mrgreen:

Does anyone have an Apple watch? I find that mine isn't measuring my activity accurately and I'm not sure what I need to tweak. My heart rate was up for 28 minutes during the Body Groove Day 1 video, but my watch said I was active for 15 minutes. It does that for walks also. Any ideas, or is this just the way it works?

Today I have some running to do, but I plan to spend some time finishing a quilt top this afternoon. Then I'll have 3 quilt tops done, waiting to be finished. I like to sew the blocks together for the top, but I don't like finishing quilts by putting the top, batting and back fabric together. I need to get my butt in gear and finish them soon though because they're stacking up.

Today is a gorgeous day with blue skies and not as windy as yesterday. Hoping to get outside with Maddie and walk today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

I don't have an apple watch but I find that most watches aren't that accurate, so I wouldn't know what to suggest tbh!

I always do dance cardio, so much more fun dancing lmao
  • Bex953172
    Pics from the walk :)
    e39posago034.jpg
    10vyzpggfhhk.jpg
    sevv6a7yh9d9.jpg
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited March 2021
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Does a 1hr, 3km walk which burned 232 calories count as exercise?
    Normally my exercises are a YouTube video which get my heart rate up more. According to my watch only 3 minutes of the walk was actually fat burning due to my heart rate, which I'm assuming was when I had to carry Marley on my shoulders lol.

I just don't feel like I've really exercised because I was just walking lol

Absolutely!!! Not everything has to be a "workout" or "exercise". Physical activity is exercise. Walking is listed in MFP, just pick your pace.
  • Bex953172
    Wednesday

- Log all food ✔️
    - 8 cups of water✔️ ticking this now but I will have had 8 by bedtime
    - Exercise ✔️

Well what a good day!
    I skipped breakfast so I still have them calories left over so I think I will treat myself to dessert tonight!

I've not had all my waters yet, about half, but I'm the kind of person to just chug a glass down lmao. Only my bedtime ones do I sip because I use a straw lol. I expect I'll have a lot of toilet trips though tonight lmao

Feel like I've cheated on the exercise because I don't really count walking because I'm used to walking. But it actually took it out of me today. 3km is quite far and I forgot I had the dog with us so there was more tugging etc. My legs are pretty tired lol and my shoulders hurt from Marleys weight so probs best to rest and do a YouTube work out tomorrow

I did the girls Chicken Korma for tea and for months Marley has been saying she doesn't like it. Today I said "it's chicken in coconut sauce" and apparently its "really nice" says Marley. Why are kids so backwards? 😂
  • PackerFanInGB
    Does a 1hr, 3km walk which burned 232 calories count as exercise?
    Normally my exercises are a YouTube video which get my heart rate up more. According to my watch only 3 minutes of the walk was actually fat burning due to my heart rate, which I'm assuming was when I had to carry Marley on my shoulders lol.

I just don't feel like I've really exercised because I was just walking lol

Absolutely!!! Not everything has to be a "workout" or "exercise". Physical activity is exercise. Walking is listed in MFP, just pick your pace.

@Bex953172 I agree with Carmela!
  • PackerFanInGB
    e39posago034.jpg
    10vyzpggfhhk.jpg
    sevv6a7yh9d9.jpg

GREAT Photos!!! I love seeing your daughters! They are adorable. Is that Ash in the tree? He's a cutie too!
  • Bex953172
    e39posago034.jpg
    10vyzpggfhhk.jpg
    sevv6a7yh9d9.jpg

GREAT Photos!!! I love seeing your daughters! They are adorable. Is that Ash in the tree? He's a cutie too!

Haha yeah it is, as if I'd get that high 😂😂
    And thank you, probably go mad that I've put the picture on though lmao x
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Another strong day. Feels good

For Wednesday, new day.

-Grateful for the many experiences in my life. I was talking to a co worker about the LDS Church as a business entity. I grew to enjoy trips to SLC and had many memorable business dinners including a, strange as it sounds, outstanding sushi dinner that lasted many hours. The pre - opening tours of several Temples also was an interesting experience.
    -1900 calories: 1601. Low but ran short on time in the afternoon
    -Work out for 90 minutes, make it happen: 86 minutes including an uplifting 47 minute, 2.48 mile outdoor walk
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development: 10 Things you Must Improve Every Day - Jim Rohn Motivation. IT was a Herbalife keynote but the points were still powerful. Rohn is old school but there's not much fluff in his messages.
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development: Started Amy Porterfield's #282. 10 Ways to Repurpose One Single Piece of Content. Good stuff on outsourcing content creation
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: More than done with keeping up with my stuff and buying new car for my bride.
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch: Ate on the couch but stayed within bounds. Didn't snack over overeat
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done

For Thursday, new day.

-Grateful for the many friends and family in my life. Today it's the relationship my wife and her sister have. They are great anchors for each other. We have not connected in our new town, nice that she has her sister to lean on even if it's long distance.
    -1900 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes, make it happen:
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:

[/quote]

[/quote]

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Made it my two days back in office woot woot! It went better than expected, and I actually really enjoyed parts of it. But also, I'm happy to be back working from home until next Tuesday. I have laundry mountains to do and it will help to be at home to change out the loads. Gorgeous sunset today for my (indoor) bike. I'll try to post a photo. Happy hump day all!

JFT Wednesday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ✅
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Thursday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@ZizzyBumble That sounds amazing! I forget how recharging spending time in nature can be.
    @teigansdad Nice work with all those checks!
    @Bex953172 I hate exercise. Hate it. Until I get started and especially when I’m done and feel good and accomplished. Whoever set that up so we feel good after I have some words for…
    @sarah74_vt Nice work getting back on track!
    @MLHC1 WOOO! Look at that green streak! Way to be!
    @PackerFanInGB I just switched from a FitBit to an AppleWatch and I have the same issue. You have to meet a certain threshold for it to automatically count which sucks, especially when you’re starting slow. Go into the Workout app and pick the closest option to the exercise you're doing, click Start and then the red X when you’re done. That works better for me.
  • Bex953172
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Made it my two days back in office woot woot! It went better than expected, and I actually really enjoyed parts of it. But also, I'm happy to be back working from home until next Tuesday. I have laundry mountains to do and it will help to be at home to change out the loads. Gorgeous sunset today for my (indoor) bike. I'll try to post a photo. Happy hump day all!

JFT Wednesday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ✅
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Thursday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@ZizzyBumble That sounds amazing! I forget how recharging spending time in nature can be.
    @teigansdad Nice work with all those checks!
    @Bex953172 I hate exercise. Hate it. Until I get started and especially when I’m done and feel good and accomplished. Whoever set that up so we feel good after I have some words for…
    @sarah74_vt Nice work getting back on track!
    @MLHC1 WOOO! Look at that green streak! Way to be!
    @PackerFanInGB I just switched from a FitBit to an AppleWatch and I have the same issue. You have to meet a certain threshold for it to automatically count which sucks, especially when you’re starting slow. Go into the Workout app and pick the closest option to the exercise you're doing, click Start and then the red X when you’re done. That works better for me.

Lmao I actually love exercise. Just not enough to do it, too darn lazy