Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    ccte0h4yypmt.jpeg
    *** March 2 ***

March goals, eh?
    1) No alcohol/eat reasonably during the divorce push
    2) Walk 3 times per week

Maureen - Your son is moving back to Wisconsin? Are you still thinking Charlotte?

Sara - stay safe and sane at work!

Waving to Lynn and Missy and all who stop by later on~~

Lana

266.4 today
    269.6 highest
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    March goals- Hit my next 5 lb loss mark. Increase steps by 1000 a day, and OK....alcohol once biweekly. :wink:
    Maureen. Once I got my house in order to sell - like cleaned out closets, got rid of clutter, etc. I did splurge and bring in a cleaning lady. cost me 400.00, but she scrubbed all the nick and crannies that I missed over the years. Ceiling fans, between things, under things, etc. To me it was alot of money - but honestly worth every penny. Took a lot of stress off of me, trying to pack up a house and move to a new one. good luck! What an adventure! Oh and when is your birthday??? March is a great birthday month.
    Lana - great goals! I would add to yours - #1 self care :blush: I am sending you calm thoughts.
    Sara - good idea with the cookies.
    Missy - look at all the goals you started!
    Have a great one! Waves to all who stop by
    ~Lynn

CW 194.6
    HW 207
    GW 189
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, all!

TL:DR--Brother's divorced. I'm fat and miserable. Time for things to change. Setting goals.

My brother's saga is now paused. The divorce was signed by the judge, so it is final. (I say paused because it will never be over. He's a marshmallow.) She has until May 1st to move out of his house. Already saying she can't get it done by then. My Mother and I will have to goad my brother into sticking to his guns and changing the locks on May 2nd. It will require a locksmith and cost an astronomical amount to change locks on a Sunday, but it will be soooooooo worth it.

Moving on to me now. Sixteen days to my next Moose conference. I am physically miserable. Since I have been eating ALL the inflammatory foods, every joint in my body hurts, I get random electrical shocks that make me jumpy and anxious, not to mention the horrendous weight gain. This past year (literally since March 17th, 2020 for me) has been awful for all of us.

I spent 3 weeks in the office during May-June of last year, two weeks doing a training in a hotel conference room in October-November, and one week in Arizona to train some employees. Other than those times, I have been sitting at a makeshift desk in my den. Horribly depressing. I'm an introvert, but this is ridiculous. If it were not for Moose and bowling, I likely would not have survived this year. At the very least, I would have been fired because I would have lost my will to work. I work to afford Moose and bowling. Is that weird?

Anyway, I guess you can tell I'm lonely by the sheer amount of words in my posts lately. I'm also trying not to talk about my health with IRL peoples. Thank you all for being here.

Here we go: March 1st saw my highest weight in 6 years. I managed to eat decently for the day and lost 4 lbs.

Goals:
    1. Stay away from inflammatory foods (for me: Potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, grain of all types, dairy.)
    2. Attempt a mainly carnivore diet--green vegetables only on occasion.
    3. Log my food!!!
    4. Find a yoga routine to increase flexibility and balance (I've lost all of mine.)

SW 230.4 - March 1, 2021
    CW 226.4
    GW 200 - June 1, 2021
    UGW 150 - We'll see how it goes

• stillkicking257
    stillkicking257 Posts: 658 Member
    Been on here since 2011! I’m back and hopefully for the last time. Everyone feel feee to add me. I’m active every day. Good luck to all. 💪💪💙
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good afternoon,

I was so proud of myself I actually ate an apple and banana today. Okay so what says you...I havent bought or eaten either in months so to eat 2 is pretty amazing and hopefully a trend towards something good.

Tracy - please help me I am a goober - what is IRL peoples? I was thinking Irish but that didnt make any sense.

Goals for March

1)Keep 6k goal and when I can push to 6500

2)I am hoping for a tax refund - gosh knows I am poor enough - but I will not know until Saturday - goal is to use that money wisely. Also a little for myself.

3) eye brows and dark circles under eyes are being managed I will conquer another positive cosmetic routine.

How dull is my life?? I am seeing some excellent goals so how can we help each other keep them going?

Nap time for old lady. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Twiley510

Tracy - please help me I am a goober - what is IRL peoples? I was thinking Irish but that didnt make any sense.

IRL = In Real Life. I try not to talk about weight and health any more. Too much judgement on all sides.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 596 Member
    Decent day. Getting anxious about the house--don't know where to start for "staging," so I'm contacting the realtor tomorrow. Let him decide. Got in a decent jog and went to work, where no students showed up. Oh, well. I keep trying.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2021
    jxu2i8klgfs6.jpeg
    *** March 3rd ***

Good morning All~~ It's exciting to see sunshine and blue skies here in North Carolina☀️

Welcome to StillKicking 👋🏻

Sara - Let's have an Ides of March Goal Check-in Day on the 15th! This will help us stay on track.
    Kudos to you for eating fresh fruit yesterday. I don't know what Weight Watchers is doing currently, but a year or two ago, fresh fruits and vegetables were Zero Points to encourage peeps to have healthier habits.

Tracy - sending good wishes to your brother. If ex-wife is not out of house by April 21st-ish, he could get a "pod" or such, park it in the driveway and hire a moving company to pack her up. Or at least tell her something like that. Tell her she will be out on time.

Hey Lynn - how is your doggie Maggie coming along?

Maureen - Good idea about asking your real estate agent how and whether to stage your house.

Waving to Runa and Missy and Kathryn and Melissa in NYC and Oishii and Dawn in Missouri and anyone else who pops by later on.

🌴The Cabana Boys will be having a special mid-week Happy Hour this afternoon 🌴

Lana

266.2 today
  • mkculs13
    Good morning. Sunny, no wind, and 41, so back to WARM weather :)

Working now, so TTYL.
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Lana - Maggie is healing well, as long as I can keep her from licking her wounds. I have the plastic collar on the kitchen table and point at it whenever I catch her licking :smiley: thanks for asking!
    I like the 3/15 check in on goals!
    Maureen - YES make the realtor do their work. They get quick a check from a sale.
    Sara - I hope you get a good tax refund....I just did my taxes the other day.
    Tracy - IRL I will have to remember that one! I just learned that smh was shaking my head. Now I use that A LOT! LOL.
    Waves to all who stop by.
    Have a great Wednesday!

CW 192.4
    HW 207
    GW 189

• LanaCabana537

Lynn - that is so funny about your needing only to POINT at the collar on the table! 😁
  • Twiley510
    edited March 2021
    The call went out for a sushi lunch. Some of our Moose sisters like to get together to eat sushi since most of our partners won't touch it. I did go, but still avoided grains. I had Tuna Tataki (lightly broiled, rare tuna slices over a bed of cucumber and soy/ginger sauce) and an avocado salad. Total calorie count including the ginger dressing was 348 calories. Might have actually been less because we shared and I didn't eat all the tuna. I did avoid taking a piece of anyone else's sushi or tempura.

The point of that dissertation was: I had to let that particular group know that I am not eating grains of any kind so that they would not be offended by my not taking their offered food. Fortunately, the issue was not pressed, so I did not elaborate on why. Most of them know my issues and are supportive.

Today's calorie total is less than 600 calories so far. I will have a larger dinner and probably a Snickers bar during bowling. I justify the sugar as instant energy that will be burned through the activity. I have noticed that eating a Snickers near the end of the first game allows me to maintain my strength and accuracy in the second and third games.

SW 230.4 - March 1st
    CW 225.6
    GW 200 - June 1st
  • mkculs13
    Tracy, good job. And now I want a Snickers bar.

Nice day here; high 40s. I got chilled walking through ice water at the dog park--boots leaked. I thought, "I may never have to do this after this year's final thaw." What a great feeling.

I'm still dreading the staging stage (haha). The realtor will tell me what to do, but I still have to do it. Thank goodness for my friend Susan, who will work side by side with me and entertain me. I hate boring work. I hate it so much that often I just pay someone else to do it or let it go undone. Give me interesting work, and I lose all sense of time--don't eat, don't move, just work. I love that. It's actually better than reading a good book--just a bit, but still better.

My dogs are hungry and soaking wet still. They are in the foyer to dry off after the visit to the DP. They had such fun and my oldest son went with me. I love those walks.

Cheers to all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2021
    Good evening,

Snickers and bowling huh? Okay if it is your "lucky charm" then so be it.

Made my 6k and on one of my walks at work I wanted to have a leftover portion of the soup I made last week, it is cloudy gray and bleh so the soup was a good choice.

Tracy if you know anyone on the police force?? Have them drive up to your BIL's house the day ex needs to leave and see if that helps.... yes I am rotten.

Glad Maggie is doing well and is so well trained that the mere suggestion of cone of shame helps.

I have to go look at my goals.....I forgot #2 but will add banana/apple a day.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Hey All
    what a horrible meeting at the lawyer's. There is a pit in my stomach that I have not felt since I was undergoing chemo and couldn't eat. I am a mess. I went to the liquor store and got a small bottle of gin; then later, I went to the grocery store and got some champagne. I am beside myself. Sometime next week or the week after that a process server will give my DH the notice of lawsuit. He lives in an Ivory Tower gated community so we have no idea if he will even get served.

This all makes me feel sick. I will likely not be starting up the thread tomorrow.

Sara - I am channeling your magic powers. Thank you! ❤️

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana remember that you are doing this for a long term goal. I would rather you ate than drank if that is possible. Get a good box of chocolates watch one of those girly movies that makes you cry like a 2 year old.

In the morning drink lots of water to help flush out your system. I will go online to find as many manual and electronic nut crackers and choppers as I can.

You are allowed to sleep in. Just dont you dare let the nuts win.
  • Twiley510
    7buxkolkuxkl.png

Thursday's image is sending hugs to all who need it: Lana with her sore soul, Maggie with her sore leg, and everyone else who has a sore something.
  • brennerjlb
    Tracy- LOVE your picture. I echo it to Lana.
    I am so sorry Lana. I wish we could make it better. One minute, one day at a time. And do, like Sara said - focus on the end. Take care of yourself!
    Sara - congrats on the 6k.
    Wishing everyone the best day possible!
    ~Lynn
  • LanaCabana537

Hey Y'all~~
    You ladies are THE BEST ❤️
    I had a very good session with my therapist this morning. The sun is out. I'm getting my 2nd vaccine today, and then I plan to come home put on my jammies and watch feel-good movies.
    Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Hey All
    what a horrible meeting at the lawyer's. There is a pit in my stomach that I have not felt since I was undergoing chemo and couldn't eat. I am a mess. I went to the liquor store and got a small bottle of gin; then later, I went to the grocery store and got some champagne. I am beside myself. Sometime next week or the week after that a process server will give my DH the notice of lawsuit. He lives in an Ivory Tower gated community so we have no idea if he will even get served.

This all makes me feel sick. I will likely not be starting up the thread tomorrow.

Sara - I am channeling your magic powers. Thank you! ❤️

Lana

Will be thinking of you. Sending thoughts, hugs and prayers to you.