Les Mills On Demand - Anyone?

Hi
I am back on MFP after a ten year gap having put most of what I lost back on.
Anyway.... I have subscribed to Les Mills on Demand classes and was wondering if anyone else does these classes and if they wanted to be support for another user?
I like step and combat but have accidentally ordered the bar and weight set!

Thanks
Amanda

Replies

• TheRugMastersWife
    TheRugMastersWife Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Amanda! I love Les Mills on Demand so happy to help there. I am currently doing one of the workout plans, Fast Burner with Rachael Newsham, which I find quite easy to fit in as it is 30 minutes a day. Feel free to add me!
  • LAM2011
    LAM2011 Posts: 10 Member
    I love Les Mills on Demand - pre Covid I loved the body pump classes at the gym so I bought a barbell and some weights. I now have the set lol :) I have also discovered step, dance and core stuff. Its brilliant. you can choose 30, 45 or 55 min sessions too which is great. I love the atmosphere they have and the encouragement - you feel like you are there. I would love to go do one of there big group sessions.
  • julieannl87
    julieannl87 Posts: 1 Member
    I’ve been doing body pump in gym for 7 years it changed my body shape and toned my body . Only thing works for me and too loose weight see my body changed . I’ve just ordered weights and car and step hoping to sign up to les mills when it all arrives
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Hmmm how did you accidentally order the weights? I was desperately looking for them for months last year. I finally made do with some body bars which do work quite nicely but we’re more expensive 😡. Anyways, I love Pump and Flow. Thinking about trying Barre.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited March 2021
    I love LMOD. I did Bodypump in my gym for about 7 years before COVID hit. Since then I've cancelled the gym membership and have been doing programs by Les Mills...really loving Sh'Bam and BodyCombat!
  • barefootbridgey
    barefootbridgey Posts: 81 Member
    LMOD fangirl right here. I started out doing Combat, Pump and Attack, I did some combination of those 3 workouts about 5 days a week for 10 months or so. I'm coming up on the end of my one year subscription and will DEFINITELY renew. I purchased an entry level spin bike in January because I really wanted to try out The Trip - if you haven't tried it and have a bike, its great. And if you have space and resources for a spin bike (mine was like, $350 on amazon - it doesn't need to be anything fancy) its TOTALLY worth it. I've stopped doing Pump only because i'm doing a weight routine with heavier weights, but I did really like it. I do Combat 3 days a week and either The Trip or Sprint (bike stuff) 3 days and usually one short CXWORX/Core workout somewhere in there. I've been so happy with LM - and the instructors are somehow very endearing. I love the hybrid workouts and I wish they would add more of them...but without Flow. I hate flow so much.
  • DrL0veHandles
    DrL0veHandles Posts: 50 Member
    I love Step and Pump. I've been doing LMOD for 3 years 😃
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    I love LMOD!! Combat is my favourite!
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    I just signed up as my 30 day trial ended. For the last few weeks I've been doing MWF 55 min Pump and TTS 55 min attack. Got my kids doing some of them with me too and they love it. My sister in law is an instructor so they introduced me to it. I need more weights now but can't bring myself to order their set due to the cost. I'm seeing better results doing this then I have with other programs too.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    I am a LMODer too - I joined late January, and do something nearly every day. If it's a rest day, I still do a short stretch or BodyBalance.

I have never been this consistent in my past experiences with joining a physical gym, and I think I push myself harder without an audience (not that everyone was really ever watching me, but I think I still felt a bit self-conscious). I have never loved exercise or sports - hiking or general walking was my limit, so I am surprised how much I am loving it.

I have bought weights & a step, which I mostly funded by selling other unloved fitness gear. And the difference plus subscription fee, I look at as an investment in me.
  • LilMsEnergy1
    LilMsEnergy1 Posts: 49 Member
    LAM2011 wrote: »
    I love Les Mills on Demand - pre Covid I loved the body pump classes at the gym so I bought a barbell and some weights. I now have the set lol :) I have also discovered step, dance and core stuff. Its brilliant. you can choose 30, 45 or 55 min sessions too which is great. I love the atmosphere they have and the encouragement - you feel like you are there. I would love to go do one of there big group sessions.

• smoskaluk
    smoskaluk Posts: 31 Member
    I have just found this, a year later!! Would love to be a part of an accountability group. Recently came back to MFP after too much pandemic stress eating, and signed up for LMOD last year. Seeking more consistency and support and would love to do the same for others. —Stacey in Alberta
  • tbarnard02
    tbarnard02 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2022
    I absolutely love Combat! Rachel and Dan are awesome! I did Les Mills off and on over the years for Combat and CXWORX (which is called something else now). I switched to beachbody on demand and very happy with the programs. I wish I could do both. I just love working out with on demand workouts and not having to drive to workout and can squeeze in when I have time.

Any new programs on Less Mills?
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    I am still LMOD-ing here (or LM+ these days), and loving it.

Most weekdays I do something. In July last year, I bought myself a spin bike too, so now I head out to my garage a few days a week for that - the rest of the workouts are just in my living room.

It makes me laugh - back when I went to a physical gym, I just could not see the appeal of sitting on a stationary bike for a class. Yep, the people coming out at the end looked happy and sweaty, so clearly had a decent workout, but it was a big NOPE for me. Now it's my favourite <3

I had a look into local gyms recently - one Les Mills, and another with similar classes but with different names - but still could hardly find any time slots that would actually work for me. I don't think I can give up the flexibility that the on-demand subscription gives me.

@tbarnard02 have you tried the Tone classes? A bit like a milder version of the HIIT Grit classes, mixed in with Core (CXWorks).
    There's also a good rotation of Trainer Series (only up for a limited time, feels like a one on one with your fave trainers), plus a Low Impact series etc.
    So many options, though I tend to stick with my routine - a couple of pump classes, some spin biking, and fill in the gaps with Combat/Step/Core...and occasionally something else.