WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    My latest addition, one pic, during day, one at night with and without lights on
    g3pwfgwn768w.jpeg
    ewmztyk3cpn9.jpeg
    vhjsdssolggv.jpeg
    rtyehw9v5ny8.jpeg

I like the twinkle lights!

I've never been keen on sheers but that is nice and is making me rethink the possibility of putting up sheers.

Machka in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,389 Member
    Looking good Pip!! You are a great decorator💖!
    Rebecca
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    Phone - My phone is like a little laptop, I shop, bank, email, social media (too many of those) and listen to music on my phone. It’s my alarm clock, pedometer,photo album, calculator and flashlight. I text with my girls and friends and very rarely get a phone call on it.

Heather - I just love reading your stories. Your style of writing takes right into your shoes.

Julie - this vaccine reminds me a bit of H1N1 in 2009. I worked as a manager in a Private security company that had the contract for all hospitals and health services. We had to man all of the clinics to control the crowds lining up to get the vaccine. There were some fights in the lines. I agree though, that was nothing like this one.

Lisa - over the last couple of months, my daughter that has seen me a couple of times has treated me like the elderly. It’s a little insulting in some ways, but given my mobility I understand too.
    We had pigs growing up, they sure could make noise when they wanted.

Margaret - I hope Drew is feeling better with no long term effects. I was wondering how you husband had been with Drew, didn’t he oppose a dog at one time?

I dismiss friend requests unless it’s someone from this group or one other that I follow. I do have some from another couple groups from a couple of years ago, but I couldn’t keep up with all the groups. I rarely check my newsfeed and I don’t think I’ve ever posted on MFP though except in the groups.

The cartoon - I never lick my fingers for those bags either. My Mom would though. I’m so thankful she’s been in the nursing home through this and not out and about. She would never have stayed home, and I don’t know how she would do with following precautions either. My Mom is the kindest person I’ve ever met, she would do anything for anyone. She picked up hitchhikers well into the late 80’s, she befriended the people most people would avoid. The drunk, the very poor, the people with disabilities, but she didn’t follow rules very well and would pout until she got her own way. Her parents and my Dad always gave into her. It was a terrible time when my Brother had to take over her house and finances, he was the first one ever to say no to her. She was a lesson in why only children could become an issue.😂

Katla - I can’t imagine the pleasure you received getting that letter. My Grandmother and I wrote back and forth for 20 years. I have those I sent and those I received now.

Kelly - I would probably do the same as you, but I would always feel guilty not telling him and would be praying he didn’t find out. Rodger would consider be devastated as he would take it as I didn’t trust him to make the right decision, I just took his choice away from him completely.

Physio went very well today, she says that she will probably discharge me on Saturday. I have my mobility back, although I am not 100% pain free it is so much better. She said it will be months before I have all of my strength back but she feels. that I can do the rest on my own with the tools she has given me. The best tip she gave me was to suck in. It automatically corrects your posture. When I was leaving she said, “remember, walk like Miss Universe”.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I am happy today. One vaccination done & one to go. YAY!!! <3 In additional new news—I heard from both of our adult kids.. Hearing from them is a gift!🌹♥️🌹♥️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Looking good Pip!! You are a great decorator💖!
    Rebecca

Thanks 😊
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited March 2021
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Ladies before I try to speak to doctor can anyone point me to a website or forum, with recipes for gallbladder health. I know what to avoid and what to eat. I have had a few episodes of pain etc in the last month. I really want to avoid removal of gallbladder. Think what I’d like is a weeks meals. I will try to get hold of the doctor to ask for stronger medication for when I get the pain

Thanks
    Kate UK ❤️

I am reading some books by Josh Axe One of Them Ancient Remedies he talks about healing the gallbadder. He recommends regular exercise to reduce cholestrol and prevent gallstones and walks in nature/yoga anything that helps reduce stress. For pain sipping 2 tabl. of apple cider vinegar in a warm glass of water. A friend of mine who did not want to take prescription drugs for her acid reflux did this and it worked. He also recommended tumeric, digestive bitters, and milkthisle among some other things.

This is one of the reasons I am taking Drew on short walks as medicine to prevent eating those rich Cadbury eggs from giving her pancreatitis. It is not quite the same as gallbadder but related. I will know if there is a problem by Sunday. If nothing develps by then she will be okay.

TraceyDH tolerates Drew to some degree. His loss. Non supportive as witnessed when I had to take Drew by myself to Emergency Vet.

I just went to an Art in Zoom meeting that a friends invited me too. Absolutely wonderful. I miss Art in Bloom at MIA. This is some ways was better. They gave great background to the art pieces that were stunning in themselves and then the florist explained how they chose to represent the art. Healing. They also had great background music.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,389 Member
    c5uxogx7hch9.jpg
    I love deviled eggs!!💖😋. Not mine but I would so do this!
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    DH & I still have discomfort from our CoVid inoculations. It was easier than yesterday. I got to talk to our adult kids today and am happy to hear them both. I sent a letter to my grandson. I hope he will be happy. He’s a first grader.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    I’ve been reading, but not doing much commenting – just been really busy! The embroidery business is flourishing and spring is coming to California and there is much to be done. I am planting my garden and working in others.

I’ve also been processing the loss of a friend, they just decided to tell me they did not want to be friends anymore – maybe in the limited communication there was a reason but it eludes me. I looked up to them as they were brave in the areas I am not, they were smart in the areas I am not and have had a different life experience, so it was interesting to share and learn. But this is not to be. They asked that I not contact them and I will honor that.

In my processing I have re-visited a poem I have enjoyed in the past (in spoiler) and then this comment which resounded for me and maybe will for you “Love is a verb” and of course that is not what the dictionary says but I take the meaning to be that Love is action; it is listening without thinking ahead, it is cooking a meal, writing a note, being available, doing laundry, just the little everyday things that Barbie always reminds us of in her gratitude list… I am slowing finishing the grief experience and being grateful for what my friend offered.
    Reason, Season, Lifetime Poem
    People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
    When you figure out which one it is,
    you will know what to do for each person.
    When someone is in your life for a REASON,
    it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
    They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
    to provide you with guidance and support;
    to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
    They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
    They are there for the reason you need them to be.
    Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
    this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
    Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
    Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
    What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
    The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
    Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
    because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
    They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
    They may teach you something you have never done.
    They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
    Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.
    LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
    things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
    Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
    and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
    It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Smiles, Kim in Northern California

That makes me sad, Kim. I remember when my best friend in grad school told me we couldn't be friends any more. She did tell me why (I'll put it in the spoiler) but that didn't make it any easier. As time has gone by -- over 20 years -- we have reconnected, and we actually spent some time together in Portland when she visited for a conference a couple years ago. Reconnecting made me so happy. We now text from time to time.
    She's Catholic, and I'm not -- although I am a Christian, but protestant, so apparently we couldn't be friends anymore. I literally went into mourning for a week or two. Few things in my life have hurt me as much as that did.

You are a good friend, Kim, and I think your former friend will regret the decision.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Thanks Flea - I am glad you re-connected to your friend... and that you understand about the grief, I wasn't sure about that wording, I did not want to be mis-understood, grief from a death is different, but it was the best word I could think of.

Kim in N. California
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Thanks Flea - I am glad you re-connected to your friend... and that you understand about the grief, I wasn't sure about that wording, I did not want to be mis-understood, grief from a death is different, but it was the best word I could think of.

Kim in N. California

It is a death. Not physical. But something died and it deserves to be mourned.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌜😴🌛
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Kim - It is definitely a grief. Definitely. <3
    I have had friends drop out of my life, mainly over my marriage problems and divorce, but only one very dear friend had the courage to actually tell me that she couldn’t cope with it all. I respected her for telling me, but it was a very sad loss. It still hurts, nearly thirty years on. I often think about her.
    I hugely value my friends and I'm sad that some really good ones bowed out of my life at that time. A majority stayed and I am truly grateful to them for not taking sides and putting up with all the rubbish I put them through.
    Personally, I have always found the loss of someone living is worse than the death of a person.
    Hugs for you my friend. It's OK to feel sad. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: 12 mins T’ai Chi outside on deck, Post Office, Farmers’ Market, Freddie’s.
    Bonus: coffee stroll w/C and T. and Tumble.
    Get to do: annual exam, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, call bank re missing extra escrow payment, take BP, dogs to powerline, Library, call S, start taxes, fire district: email Pres for agenda, then meeting notice to paper, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments.
    Mindful March:
    4: Notice how you speak to yourself. Try to use kind words.

Welcome @FitnessPalWorks and @CurvyCalorie Keri from VA!
    @hap2go not just you, we’re all getting ‘em.
    Lisa sounds like a great and safe-as-possible family gathering on the 15th. Would you tell us about Johnny’s Yellowstone job?
    Heather :love: your spring garden but wow, that loaf pic is mouthwatering!
    Margaret OH those long, middle of the night emergency vet visits. Drew is one lucky pup. Chocolate poisoning is no laughing matter especially in a dog as tiny as Drew. Neither is pancreatitis. If you wanted to induce vomiting right away before you left for the vet, make a paste of salt with a little warm water, force a tablespoon of this down the dog’s throat by pressing the spoon down on the back of the dog’s tongue. Much will come up quickly! Your bone broth recipes inspire me. Think I could make on the back burner? Neither crockpot nor IP here… ;)
    Okie yes our poodles used to get into the chocolate too and survived. We were lucky. Our terriers are subject to pancreatitis so have to restrain ourselves from sharing anything greasy… ;)
    Katla yes, kibble (Purina pro plan) and Beneful canned is all that our dogs should be getting, with a few dog biscuit treats. Alas we are naughty and give human food treats too. Both Joe and I are guilty, but after Tumble’s poopy butt yesterday we agreed to scale back the treats.
    Annie congrats on your parents’ appointments!
    Tina yep, dampened fingers from veggie misters is the way to go. ;)
    Rebecca like Carol and others I’m totally confused at why your Chief is not at the top of the list for the vaccine… unless there could be complications with his anti-rejection regimen? You’d think they’d at least explain… SMH.
    KJ Wise choice to leave the $$ offer out. Was there a dispute between the brothers over an inheritance?
    Allie “better than being on a ventilator” Amen sister. You’re taking the dogs to the groomer? Does that mean you have Alfie back with you? :love:
    Kim :heartbreak: Yes to the poem. ((hugs))

Took advantage of the last day of sunny weather, enjoyed an extra long stroll with C and T at the port. There were 4 harbor seals swimming. As we watched, one caught a big fish! Lovely day.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 3, weigh: 3; steps>5627=10397!!! vits=3, log=3, CI<CO=2, CI<250<CO=1, Tumble=5 Shadow=4 mfp=3 outside=5 up hill=3
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=3 or SWSY or wii x5= rx= dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=2, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7 3/14 3/21 3/28 3/31
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=1 play= sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    edited March 2021
    I like this ... especially the last point. Be open to change. Life changes. You change.

jzw8yss1jppg.png

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Barbara from Southern Oregon- No not yet ,because of the scar which is still very tender and with him pulling me,just dont want him pulling ..
    So as of right now Tom still has and will keep him until im ready to take him back.
    I am wide awake and have been since 3 am,slept for an hr and a half,woke up at 9 and was awake until 12:30 am fell back asleep and now awake. Oh when will this end..
  • Machka9
    l7pnzbpckico.png

My husband
    My parents
    My grandparents
    Me!